High-end furniture collectors/enthusiast???? | FerrariChat

High-end furniture collectors/enthusiast????

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bmwm3, Jun 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    Any high-end furniture collectors/enthusiast here?

Selling off some of my older furniture and looking to start fresh.
    Hoping to get advice or learn of some of your favorite purchases.

2. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    get advice on selling? or buying? What type of furniture are you into? I recently got into a lot of the MCM stuff.

3. Vintage Racer

Vintage Racer Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    15 Year member in GA
    Full Name:
    Doc
    I collect 19th Century furniture. I stay away from reproductions.

4. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    Advice on buying. I currently have a lot of pieces by Philippe Starck, Cassina, B&B Italia.

5. Vintage Racer

Vintage Racer Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    15 Year member in GA
    Full Name:
    Doc
    If it says Tiiffany, you are good.

6. FLORIDAsnakeEyes

FLORIDAsnakeEyes Formula 3

Jul 7, 2015
    Sarasota, Florida
    Full Name:
    OC
    Is RH considered ? Our house is full of it thanks to my wife..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I had a $12k bb italia couch, the tufty time, i thought would hold value, it was useless when it came time to get rid of it. I just gave it away, now the security guard at my condo has a couch at his place that was once $12k a few years ago. Where would you even sell investment furniture? This time around i decided for comfort over style and got a really nice leather natuzzi couch for $6500 and its 100x the couch the bb italia was, no kidding the natuzzi is the best couch i've ever sat on.

8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    RH is the worst overpriced stuff out there. I recently bought a $4300 cloud 1 piece from them, the 8 foot one. My wife loved how comfortable it was, when it came to the house within 1 month, the feathers wouldn't fluff and worse 2 of the snaps holding the cushion broke. I called them to fix it, they said they had to take the couch to fix it, they ended up giving me a full refund. Googling around it seems many others had issues and it seems like its cheap china furniture. I dont know it felt great after the store, we had ours for 2 months and i would never spend $4300 again on their stuff, I ended up getting a natuzzi instead, the natuzzi is 30 inches longer, it reclines(the rh didn't), its real leather, and its way more comfortable all for $2200 more.

I would never in my life recommend RH to anyone ever/

bmwm3 and FLORIDAsnakeEyes like this.
  9. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    very interesting perspective. I have always been a huge fan of B&B italia. I have never owned anything from Natuzzi. I will check them out up close.

No piece of furniture will hold its value. Even pieces like Vladimir Kagan will be worth 10% of the original value when you go to sell it. (I know from experience).

10. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    its gorgeous, but the tufty time is not comfortable, it was our couch in the living room, you couldn't sleep on it with all the ridges, natuzzi is the best ive ever sat on and the quality is very nice. I paid $6500 now for my couch was on sale from $9500 i believe, still love it, and the reclining feature doesn't hurt.

11. wizzard

wizzard Karting

Nov 9, 2014
    Can Thomas Moser fans play here? I personally admire their craftsmanship and really like some of their designs. I have one of their signature wing chairs and a few other pieces.

ronfrohock and Texas Forever like this.
  12. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yep

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    I am in the middle of creating a company that will make some higher end furniture combining various woods, like birds eye maple with carbon fiber veneer. Think nautical in theme. Very clean and simple lines. Like the color contrast beteeen the woods and carbon.

14. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Here’s a Moser sofa that showed up at our local Habitat for Humanity...I’ll tell you what it sold for if you promise to sit down,right now.

300$
    Told you...
    I just missed it,by this much..didn’t really have a place for it,but we’d’ve made something..I’d’a never sold it or let it go.
    We worked hard in the furniture bidness..did good,got out when the git was good,thank you GS..dose guys were smarts.
    I never remember how much Masco wrote off for their adventures in the home furnishing field. They had accountants to pay for it all...and they were proud of their legal department,too. Kept saying how big it was...how many they had. I’m lying,I’m dying.
    Cheers,RE