Help with my Portofino Spec | FerrariChat

Help with my Portofino Spec

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by JJ97, Jun 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JJ97

JJ97 Karting

Apr 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Joe Nocera
    #1 JJ97, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Guys -

I am close to finalizing my spec. Going with Rosso Corsa and black seats but I have three open items I would like the groups thoughts on:

• Stitching - going back and forth between Red and Yellow stitches
    • Standard Seats vs. Dayton - my 430 currently has Daytona but I am not sure its worth the $4900 cost to upgrade
    • Forged Rims vs Diamond Cut Rims - this seems like an upgrade I might do for the $1900 cost difference between the two options.

Welcome opinions and thoughts on these. Hopefully the pics I am posting come through, to give you a sense of the spec. I must say I loved the configurator experience when I did it a few days ago.

Thanks
    Joe

Attached Files:

good2go likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    First and foremost, congrats on the Porto, Joe! Now, my 2 cents, and likely not worth much more than that.
    My pref is that the contrast stitching tie in with the dominant exterior color. So, I'd choose red. Yellow, would have more "pop" though.
    • Standard Seats vs. Dayton - my 430 currently has Daytona but I am not sure its worth the $4900 cost to upgrade
    For 5 grand, I'd invest that in some other option. My Cali has the standard seats. They're good enough for how we use the Cali - weekend fun car, date night car, etc. I see you are in Chicago, so perhaps use the upgrade $$ saved on Daytonas to invest in heated seats. For me, even in hot Texas, they're a must w/ my cranky back.
    • Forged Rims vs Diamond Cut Rims - this seems like an upgrade I might do for the $1900 cost difference between the two options.
    I'm not into wheels as much as I used to be. I can't see them from the driver's seat, so they don't really bother me. For $2K, I'd rather have the door sill in CF, which I think would go nicely with your nero interior.

As I said, my 2 cents. It looks to be a great car. You can't really go wrong. Congrats on the Porto...T

uhn2000 likes this.
  3. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I like your spec its really nice, I would say go with the red stitch (everywhere) .. the yellow is nice but it might not work on this combo and pop a little too much to enjoy the elegance of the cabin design. I had Daytonas and got a lot of compliments for my CaliTHS so its up to you on "the look" you want, I would stick with standard if its not a must have. Rims I like the ones you have in the pic, nice pic, diamond finished are cool as well.. kind of a toss up. Maybe diamond would go nicer with the black roof as they have "black/dark grey" in there somewhere.

4. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Here are my suggestions to your questions:
    I would go with the red stitching. Also, STC2 stitching is thicker than the standard stitching so stands out more.
    • Standard Seats vs. Daytona - my 430 currently has Daytona but I am not sure its worth the $4900 cost to upgrade
    I personally think the standard seats look plain and boring, even with contrast stitching. I had an Atelier appointment at Ferrari and was hoping to add something to the seats to add some excitement to the interior, such as a red stripe or a panel in red. I was definitely not going to have the Daytona seats, but once I saw them I changed my mind as they looked great. There is also a seat option with a centre stripe and cross stitching.
    I think the forged rims are a better looking well than the standard wheel. I've had the diamond cut but I like the silver ones too.

BTW, car looks great :)

5. JJ97

JJ97 Karting

Apr 1, 2012
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Joe Nocera
    Thanks all - I really appreciate it. Just so you know, I am going to switch the stitching to Red and I am going to go with the Daytona seats. I am going to stick with the Forged Rims for now. Here is the updated view of the Daytona seats if anyone is curious.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  6. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    For what it is worth, you landed in all i would have recommended. Red stitching, Daytona seats and the beautiful wheels. I think that is a perfect spec and that you will absolutely love driving this stunning car!

Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I like it... all around with the new changes and daytona's, etc...

8. phanliu

phanliu Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2015
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Noel
    - Red Stitch get the thicker one
    - Standard Seats but Electric
    - Forged Wheels - looks better than standard and they're lighter

Good Luck and Congrats!