F40 bodied F355 | Page 8 | FerrariChat

F40 bodied F355

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by PAUL500, Dec 3, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    #176 PAUL500, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Happiness is delving into the innards of a Ferrari V12 engine! :) It was great to get my hands oily again today, its been a while.......

Bottom end looks like new so just a case of measure everything to verify, replace anything plastic or rubber and build it back up.

Workshop now all set up again as well so I plan to spend the next two weeks solid working on the project.

2. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Wow... incredible project! Subscribed - I just devoured all 8 pages thus far and can’t wait to see more. Thanks for sharing!

Ruben

3. Dom9

Dom9 Rookie

Jun 6, 2010
    Oxshott, UK
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Oh yes! Keep it up, Paul!

4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Block is all ready to be re assembled, heads are next.

Should be a steady flow of pics throughout the next few months as components get refurbed.

Sitting down over the weekend with the parts diagrams to draw up a huge order to Ferrari for a million bits and bobs, then things can start to be re assembled. Once that's done then its back onto the chassis and bodywork.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud, matfo and tracktoys like this.
  5. jvr5282

jvr5282 Rookie

Oct 4, 2012
    I am in CA and bought a salvaged 355 off of Sevak AKA Steve in Los Angeles. I am in the process of adding a F40 body kit to the 355. Did you ever get your roll cage built? If so, do you have some dimensions you could send me? Also, what did you do with the dash? the F40 dash has 2 pieces, an underlying dash that the windshield mounts to and the top cover dash. The portion of the dash interferes with the 355 frame. did you cut into the frame or modify the dash piece? Any help would be much appreciated. my email is [email protected]

Thanks!
    Javier

6. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Hi, replied to your PM.

Hey sounds like you are beating Steve to it! which is my fault as had I got this one finished as planned when we met up in 2014 in LA then he would have one on the road by now as well :)

7. PerilousActs

PerilousActs Rookie

Oct 10, 2011
    Not to bump up an old thread, but any recent updates? I've been trying to unload some projects of mine to go down this road as well.

8. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    All the suspension, steering and gearbox components have now been rebuilt/painted/plated and stored away ready. The engine is currently being assembled now that all the gaskets, seals, bearings etc etc have been delivered. Chassis in untouched since the last update though so that is next on the to do list......

9. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    you go Paul. JVR is a great guy just like you Paul and you guys have the same great minds working on different continents and hope you two get to meet one day as I have met both of you and know the type :)

PAUL500 likes this.
  10. Dom9

Dom9 Rookie

Jun 6, 2010
    Oxshott, UK
    Full Name:
    Dom
    Can't wait for more progress pics!

PAUL500 likes this.
  11. Oppolock

Oppolock Rookie

Nov 16, 2017
    Full Name:
    Mark Peters
    Hi Guys

This is my first post, been a member for a while in the background and enjoying the content.

How do I contact other members? I would like to talk to Paul500 as I have similar ideas for my project, I can’t send a PM.

Thanks
    Mark

12. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy Karting

Jan 5, 2011
    Central IN, USA
    Go to his profile page, click on the "Information" tab, and then click on "Start a Conversation."

13. Oppolock

Oppolock Rookie

Nov 16, 2017
    Full Name:
    Mark Peters
    Thanks Girchy

14. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    As mentioned just drop me a message via my profile and I will help out as much as I can.

This thread details the story of the project so far, but has very much been a going backwards journey to date.

The car is now going forwards at a nice pace, so I have decided to let this thread fade away gracefully.

The progress of the project is now being detailed elsewhere along with a merry band of fellow builders , so if anyone wants an update and a link then also drop me a message :)

Thank you to everyone that has contributed so far, the keen interest kept spurring me on, especially in the darker days over the last few years.:cool:

15. patata

patata Karting

Mar 29, 2007
    could you send a link or update this? best regards ;)

16. superflyte

superflyte Karting

Jun 4, 2009
    Melbourne, VIC
    Full Name:
    Troy
  17. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Sorry guys, the facebook forum is a closed one so you will not be able to see any updates. Once the cars finished and I have time I will put together a retrospective build thread somewhere and post a link here.

Attached Files:

18. patata

patata Karting

Mar 29, 2007

More images of body parts? and adjust to chassis, please

19. sakne79

sakne79 Rookie

Jul 21, 2013
    Latvia
    Full Name:
    Armands
    Can you pm me for some updates?

20. patata

patata Karting

Mar 29, 2007
    Any updates?

21. BGF1LMS

BGF1LMS Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Simi Valley and Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    Brennan
    Why am I just now finding out about this project

22. ksrz

ksrz Rookie

Jun 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    K A
    Hey there Paul!

I just want to say I'm extremely thrilled to have found this thread, as this is a project of mine that I am soon to begin the journey on.

I was on the longest internal battle of 308/328 vs 348/355, until I read everything here.
    And to me, it's all poetry.

I would like to know if it is at all possible to join the Facebook group in which you may be posting more updates?
    Japanese cars have held my interests and occupy my current projects, but I am soon to let one or two go to begin funding towards the F40 body panels Nick M. has available. You may have also convinced me to upgrade to carbon kevlar, if Nick is willing, which absolutely keeps respect to the idea of the F40.

The V12 powerplant is one I had considered as well, as I have seen TipoZeroFourZero on Instagram make the swap on his actual F40.

My end goal is to achieve the looks of the Michelotto LM (with the enlarged rear spoiler) with a goal of 750whp or greater.

I'd love to hear any tips you may have, either here or personal message!

Hope all is well! Regards.

Jakuzzi likes this.