NSX Road Trip | Page 4 | FerrariChat

NSX Road Trip

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by NbyNW, Jun 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

2. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

3. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

4. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    May as well drive the "Going to the Sun" highway, and the road North from Willis]Montana] along the river. Some call that road "The better than sex highway". Malcolm

5. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

M
    My sister lives near Glacier. Need to visit her with the car! But not this trip.

6. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

8. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

9. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Today was driving around the area and enjoying the views. Fantastic. It’s chilly. 32 this morning. 28 tonight. Glad it has heated seats.

Great interactions with people where ever we go. When we first pulled into JLL a lady walked by and said beautiful car.

At dinner tonight we walked out and a ~7 and 8 yo brother and sister were running around it pointing at the wheels and red calipers. We got there and I said do you want to sit it it? They stopped and looked at mom and dad... then the brother hopped in. Big grin on his face. The younger sister was tentative and I urgered her to hop in so big brother didn’t have all the bragging rights. We chatted with the parents for a few minutes.

As we backed out another family with teenage kids were staring and the dad gave a big thumbs up. Mom was looking too. They watched as we drove off.

Another cool thing is to pull into scenic turnoffs in Quiet Mode in all electric... glide by silently as people wonder what the heck is that!?

11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I especially like Tetons!

tomc likes this.
  12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's what owning these great cars is all about. Good on you guys...T

Jo Sta7 and alum04org like this.
  13. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Had to stop back in here tonight to catch up! Glad I did - thanks. Wish I/we were there, too, running one of our NSX's with you.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’ll second that, the roads looks fantastic I’d like to have my NSX out there.

15. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

^ the roads are fantastic... I haven’t seen a pothole in 500 miles! There were a couple sections of damaged road on 90 into Sheridan but plenty of signs to use the other lane.

16. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Yikes. That's winter weather. What kind of tires are you running on the NSX?
    T

18. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

19. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

20. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Another comment on the roads... while in great shape many have a high grip/rough surface and it generates some tire noise. Nothing crazy yet very noticeable. It’s awesome when cruising on a smoother road with no potholes! No complaints on the ride either, firm and comfortable.

And it was really windy driving across WY - car was rock solid and planted. To live out here you’d have to get to like wind.

21. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Enjoying this thread, keep 'em coming!!!

22. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Busy touring around yesterday. Ended up in a cellular dead zone so no internet stuff. I don’t use any public wi-fi and I forgot to get a VPN setup before this trip. Next time.

Drove to Jackson and the National Museum of Wildlife Art. Very nice.

We attended the premier of an exhibit at Nat Geo in DC a year or two ago and it is at the museum now. Google Invisible Boundaries or Greater Yellowstone Migrations. Films are amazing. Huge ecosystem in and around Yellowstone.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed