Vettel’s 2019 teammate | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Vettel’s 2019 teammate

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Apr 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who would you pick?

1. Bottas

2. Kimi

3. Leclerc

4. Ricciardo

5. Other at the end of their contract (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal

I don't think harmony is the best criterion in selecting team drivers. Instead, it should be the ability to light a fire under the the other guy's a--, just like the FI and RBR guys are doing to each other. Of course there's the risk they'll run each other of the road, but you can be assured they'll do everything they can to beat the other guy.

In Ferrari's case, Vettel is not threatened at all by Kimi, especially in the race where Kimi just goes backwards when the lights go out.

2. Zisky

Zisky Rookie

May 12, 2018
    Long Island NY
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I wouldn’t put it passed him trying! He will talk Ford Motors into going in on the deal.........with the same results as last time.

3. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    So Lance will be driving a GT in WEC?

4. Zisky

Zisky Rookie

May 12, 2018
    Long Island NY
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    LOL, it would have to be a GT!

5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Anybody wants to change their vote? ;)

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Kimi drove ok today but always starting with 2 Mercedes against 1 Ferrari is really compromising our chances this season. Bottas also does anything for the team because he cares about keeping his drive, Kimi not so much. Bring on Leclerc and let’s finally see a 2 vs 2

7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    But Vettel is fighting for the title, his focus is on Hamilton. If Ricciardo/Verstappen was in the 2nd Ferrari seat, I don't think Vettel would drive any faster.

Now, lets go back to 3rd or even 4th best team (considering Red Bull is so close to the top), there I can definitely see your argument. But a top team racing for the title? No.

F2003-GA likes this.
  8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Last I checked there are only 3 spots on the podium, and at any one time we have 6 legit contenders for it. With Ferrari putting all their eggs in one basket (car #5), it's not surprising that Kimi is not as often on the podium. Ferrari and Mercedes are fighting tooth and nail each race, they are very similar in speed.

Now, if Ferrari had the obvious faster car, and Kimi was still finishing of the podium, then you had a real point.But we don't. We're often 2nd best team.

F2003-GA, NEP and daytona355 like this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Welcome back steve!

NEP likes this.