LFA Appreciation | Page 8 | FerrariChat

LFA Appreciation

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

Two LFA's both owned by the same gentleman in New York. The left is a Nurburgring car (#332, the only USA Nurburgring car finished in Red [3P0], a long-term Utah car until recently), and the right is a standard car that appears to be either Whitest White (079) or Pearl White (077).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

joe sackey and NürScud like this.
  2. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

I am seeking out an LFA in the Orange County, Los Angeles, or San Diego area, any owners around the area?

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    For what it is worth, I passed a white LFA with black top on a transport truck load of Lexus vehicles heading north on I-95 in North Carolina yesterday. The car was in the last position, lower level of the truck and tilted up at about a 30 degree angle. The car was very impressive. I wonder who is lucky enough to be getting it?

4. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    An LFA in an uncovered carrier. That is bad form. The nose is very low so hard to imagine that went without incident.

One of the 500 was totaled when a less than skilled transport operator dropped the car off the truck.

5. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    ^^^ When I first approached the truck from a distance, I thought I was coming upon an NSX and a bunch of new Acuras. I couldn't believe they would ship an LFA like a regular car. The new Ford GT rates a special trailer.

6. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Ford uses a specific carrier, Reliable to get those new GTs to their joyous owners.

Acura started out with Pilot, but after x f ups (thankfully my car was delivered without incident), they changed to Reliable.

7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

ScreaminKaw, Boomhauer and NürScud like this.
  8. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    I believe both of these cars traded on the secondary market.

I wish we had a good database with the history of each car.

One guy created a list with most of the cars built.

Toyota should have created a 2 volume coffee table book with in and out photos of the full 500 built.

9. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

LFA #308 has come up for sale, this Pearl Red Nurburgring edition, at its original selling dealer Lexus of Omaha, Nebraska. The car has only 84 original miles. The ask is $809,000, relatively fair given recent market results for the Nurburgring cars. I think the livery on this car is stunning, much better than some of the LFAs we have seen pop up on the market! Heavy use of Alcantara on the interior, but for a Nurburgring car I think it works nicely.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
  11. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Another "new" one was sold in the US in May 2018, per Toyota's monthly sales report.

Entertaining that a car that sat unsold for 6-7 years gets included in these reports.

12. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Owned by a deaership. Sat on showroom floor with a large markup over msrp until someone had to have it. Just a guess.

DGPF likes this.
  13. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    My understanding is mark up on an unsold one was a no no per Lexus.

A lot of dealers took allocations and over time some have tired of having them on the show room floor.

14. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    In that case, I wonder how many times people have slid into and out of the seat and if this translates to X miles of wear (see Do You Let People Sit In Your Car?)?

15. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

My educated guess is that this was the Orange Nurburgring edition car that sold at Barrett Jackson in April. The transaction probably wasn't recorded until May. That car, like a number of LFAs, was retained by its Lexus dealer principal and thus remained unsold in the system despite, in reality, having an "owner" and being occasionally used.

Gmaccormack likes this.
  16. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    There was a previous listing for the car describing it as used with 1500 miles, asking $1.1 million. I believe this Balise showroom car had 1600 miles on it when it was auctions.

17. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

I know, but these cars are not considered "sold" within the manufacturer's systems until they are sold to their first registered owner. The Lexus dealer can put as many miles as he likes on the car, but unless he transfers ownership to himself it will not be considered sold.

18. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Another LFA sighting:

Today, Sarasota, FL, 11:11 am; a darker silver metallic with tan interior. Turning south onto Tamiami Trail from Club Drive driven by a gent with grayish hair. Exhaust sound was impressive at modest throttle even thru my closed windows with AC blower full blast. Anyone one here on FChat?

This is the 2nd LFA that has crossed my path in the past 3 weeks. Is this some kind of an omen that I'll end up with one someday? I wouldn't mind that.

19. aaladesawe

aaladesawe Rookie

Mar 26, 2017
    Amen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Amazing. What color were the wheels & calipers? It could be one of a few cars.

21. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    I believe the wheels were silver. Did not notice the calipers. Too startled. The car definitely creates more excitement in person than on paper or a screen.

22. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

23. energy88

Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    In sun light, the car was obviously not as dark as in the "inside" picture you posted above. The color reminded me of the S-2000 Silverstone shade of gray/silver and coated with "radioactive"carnauba wax that sparkled in the sun and appeared "wet."

Another coincidence: I have used the energy88 handle in many of my endeavors for over 20 years now and you have speculated that the car I encountered might be LFA #088. Amazing!

24. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Ah, it sounds like you saw a Steel Gray car. One of the "optional" aka special colors. I don't know of one with Saddle or Camel interior, but there are a number of still-"unknown" cars floating around.