My POSITIVE experience with Bob Norwood | Page 7 | FerrariChat

My POSITIVE experience with Bob Norwood

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 4G6308, May 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #151 4G6308, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    I think your post reading skills are a little off as well. I said my buget was 130k, not 125k. I also said Bob charges 250k for a complete car. I also said Bob will not be building a complete car for me. For the record, I've spent just over half of my budget.

And, for the record. I never said i paid more than expected. I said the bill was more than expected. Bob adjusted that bill.

ATSAaron likes this.
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    FYI I was responding to Mike. I don't think you are egging this on, but others are and I'll be around as long as they are still poking. I had already made my peace with you and I wish you the best with the project.

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I apologize for being 4% off.

4. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Apology accepted.

5. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thanks Rob. We're good. And if I ever finish this thing I would love to show the car to you in person. I sincerely mean that.

EnzoItaly likes this.
  6. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    rob lay likes this.
  7. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
  8. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    That does appear to be a bit of a bargain.

However the OP did not want just a 308 with a bodykit he clearly wants a car that is engineered more like a 288 as well, and that is where the true costs come from, under the skin.

LARRYH and 4G6308 like this.
  9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I dunno. I drive my 94-year old mothers' Corolla every time I visit. Sure beats walking.

BTW, they gave her no interest financing for seven years when she bought the car at age 93.

10. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Corolla isn't so bad. It's sort of a younger persons car.

The Camry is just so bland and uninteresting. Camry's say to me -- "look at me, I'm boring and unexciting. I live a bland life"

There's a few Toyota's I like, mostly older one. Supra's, Celica's, SR5 pickups. This is one of my favorites:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sid

Texas Forever and ///Mike like this.
  11. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
    ATSAaron, Bigilo, Ducman491 and 3 others like this.
  12. YellowMurci

YellowMurci Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 17, 2005
    NyC Baby!
    Full Name:
    Harry
    Any progress on this build? would love to see more pictures

13. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Agreed! I would call myself financially stupid but I will say when I had my money in the stock market I was always very paranoid about it and the swings could ruin my mood for a week.

Put all that into something financially irresponsible and at least I have a tangible asset that isn't potentially worth zero when I wake up in the morning. So, stupid to some but better for me :D

Dave rocks likes this.
  14. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Agreed and if the op is happy with the project then he is happy who is anyone else to say that he should not be happy ...he took a non running body shell of a 308 and with any luck will turn it into a pretty cool car... of course it is not a 288GTO but sounds like a fun car....have fun and best of luck.....and post pictures when you can

EnzoItaly likes this.
  15. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    The devil you know, with real GTO parts. Seems like a great project if the final tally is under $250K. As for the value of replicas/tributes; air-cooled Porsche RSR builds require nothing near the amount of work going into this pseudo GTO, (no frame stretching or reorientation of the drivetrain) and they can easily fetch six figures depending on the quality and presentation.

I wonder if 3x8 Ferraris will ever get the high-end restomod treatment like Singer Porsches. Seems like those can't be built fast enough, even at $300K a pop.

I'm rooting for the OP, and I look forward to this project's progression.

LARRYH likes this.
  16. hirohawa

hirohawa Rookie

Mar 13, 2004
    Did this ever get completed?

technom3 likes this.
  17. 4G6308

4G6308 Karting

Jan 15, 2007
    Allen, TX
    Full Name:
    Craig
    No, I ended up buying another one that was further along and I sold this one to Bob. He has been working on in between customer jobs.

hirohawa likes this.
  18. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    What did you buy? Do you want to post pictures?

I’m going to assume (and I think I’m not alone) that the 288 project netted a loss. Was it big?

Matt

19. EnzoItaly

EnzoItaly Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2016
    Would love to see the car you’re hopefully enjoying now.

Concerning the project car you sold: at least you took a risk to go for your dream... you should give yourself credits for that.

It’s easy to give comments from the side line...
    Most people are very good about talking about dreams... but never chase them... but you did

PAUL500 likes this.