For Sale - 1976 Italy Car F1 Childs Car | FerrariChat

For Sale 1976 Italy Car F1 Childs Car

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by lieberino, May 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lieberino

lieberino Rookie

Sep 9, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Just brought out of storage after 35 years. #5/100. 1:2 scale replica of Niki Lauda’s 1976 Ferrari F1 car with a two stroke engine. In great condition and would take very little to get running again. These are very collectible with one selling for over $80K last year at Gooding Pebble Beach last year.

Accepting reasonable offers at this time but considering consigning with one of the Monterey auctions in the next week or so.

crinoid likes this.
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    AWESOME!!!!!

Love the pricing sea horse lol

lieberino likes this.
  3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    I would need to sell two GT4s to buy that for my son, But I only have one GT4! Damn GLWS SUPER SUPER COOL

lieberino likes this.
  4. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Wow that seems like insane money. Neat and GLWS!

Out of curiosity — who made it? How fast does it go?

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Too cool. That kid will be the envy of the neighborhood!!

Dicecal and lieberino like this.
  6. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    lieberino likes this.
  7. lieberino

lieberino Rookie

Sep 9, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    I posted this for a good friend and he’s motivated to sell. All offers will be considered. He’s realistic and doesn’t expect to get what the other one brought at Gooding. That being said he doesn’t want to give it away either.

Cigarzman likes this.
  8. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    pm sent to Lieberino

9. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That is sooooo neat! I can't afford it but wish I could and had the room for it!

10. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    This is awesome.

11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    You guys think it's hard to x ref drive shaft boots. Man this is gonna be tough!

12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Other than the engine. Which I know nothing about, The chassis and suspension is serious racecar stuff

13. lieberino

lieberino Rookie

Sep 9, 2013
    Tulsa, OK
    No longer available at this time. I will post an update if the seller decides to put it back on the market.

14. martinperry

martinperry Karting

Jun 4, 2008
    Sawbridgeworth, UK
    Full Name:
    Martin Perry
    Just think how much pain Williams F1 could have been saved if Papa Stroll had bought one of these!!!

WJC and absostone like this.
  15. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    WTF? My BS meter is starting to go off...

16. Jimmy3Sticks

Jimmy3Sticks Rookie

Dec 26, 2016
    Just to clear up some confusion.....

1) There are actually two cars - a matched set. My brother and I have had them for over 45 years. They are serial # 3 and # 5.
    2) They are both for sale. Would prefer to keep them together as a pair for a package price, but might separate them out depending on the situation.
    3) The car was posted on this forum without our knowledge or permission. I would just say there was some miscommunication, but it is out there now.
    4) If you have an interest in the car(s), please feel free to message me and I will get in contact with you directly. You will be speaking with the owner. No middleman or BS.

I hope that clears everything up. Thanks in advance.

beng likes this.
  17. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    What are the specs? Engine? Top Speed? Can't seem to find that on the link...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
  19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Not the same. The one at Ferrari of Houston is in excellent condition with different decals, etc. There are a fair number of these out there.

20. Jimmy3Sticks

Jimmy3Sticks Rookie

Dec 26, 2016
    I just wanted to update the status of this thread before starting a new post in order to avoid any confusion.

The two ‘77 Italycar 312T half-scale replicas are officially going on the market. While they are for sale, they have not been “advertised” short of this post on the forum. The original listing was posted by an unauthorized 3rd party before the final decision was made to sell the karts. However, that decision has been made, and it is now time to let them go.

I have spoken with a few interested parties, but it is equal opportunity at this point. I just want a clean, easy deal and see them go to a good home and someone that appreciates them.

I would prefer to sell the karts as a pair, but I will also consider separating them. Additionally, the karts can be purchased “as is” or fully restored to “as new” condition depending on the desired intent.

In further researching the karts for a potential buyer, they have been fully inspected in preparation for restoration. The karts are original and intact but would require a mechanical restoration to return them to fully working order as they have not been run in years. Conversely, if they were intended for display, I would probably go a slightly different route in order to preserve originality.

On a side note, my father acquired these karts through Bill Harrah who was a personal friend of my grandfather. They were purchased for my brother and I when we were kids, and they have been in our family for almost 40 years. The karts are “legit” Italycars - both have stamped frames and are serial numbered with manufacturer dash tags (#003 and #005 out of #100). So they were among the first ones built.

I have read other comments to the contrary, but I have been told that only about 20-25 were actually built out of the 100 originally planned to be produced. In all of my years of travel, I have only personally seen 3 other examples in my lifetime (and know of two others) so they are definitely rare.

Moreover, I have seen a few other very similar examples that were most likely built from spares and parts. The original Italycars were serialized, and there are several slight but noticeable differences.

To be sure, these are the” real deal” - quite rare & unique. Dare I say a real collector’s item for the Ferrari enthusiast. They are truly half-scale replicas rather than just “go karts”.

I plan on posting a new a listing in the coming days. However, anyone that might be interested is welcome to send me a PM and I will get in touch with you that way. I am sure any interested party is going to have lots of questions. I hate to see them go, but it is time.

ScottS likes this.
  21. GRahal09

GRahal09 Rookie

Nov 28, 2011
    Jimmy3Sticks likes this.