Max Verstappen | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    F1's minimum age of entry should be 21 so these very young drivers can do their growing up in the junior race series

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    F.1 is a bit unforgiving...One year ago he wa steh absolute star, now people start looking at Charles.....I can't say i feel sorry for him, i don't like dirty drivers or drivers crashing into ferraris, but what i saw from him in Brazil in the wet, that's the stuff of tru GOATS...the kis is that good, but he's far too experienced to keep making so many mistakes, and the fact that Ricci is almos as fast but almost bulletproof makes him a much better driver at the moment.

moretti and 375+ like this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D

4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    His biggest problem was Belgium 2016 when he drove like an idiot against the Ferrari's, when he was out for revenge. Before this season he did fine, really.

This season his biggest mistake was hitting seb (who was remarkably fine about it). The Red Bull incident was 50/50 to 70/30 (depending which expert you ask)...the rest where just him taking himself out with no victims (spin in australia, crash in Bahrain quali, crash in Monaco quali. I'm not counting the wing damaging bit when Stroll was having his mid afternoon nap).

All drivers crash into one another at some point, it happens. As Pedro says, F1 is a bit unforgiving. He has the talent, and the speed. To me Max's current form is very much to do with trying too hard to make up for past mistakes (A spin in Australia, trying too hard to get as far as possible on the grid in Bahrain...then with those 2 mistakes, he wanted to get in front in china as soon as possible, and didn't time his overtakes at all...and so on). Trying too hard to make up for past mistakes is not the way to go about things, and it's one of the things he has to learn. Vettel, Hamilton have all done the same.

5. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    If you are good enough you are old enough.

ricksb and kraftwerk like this.
  6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    NO -- So why we need the junior series ?? :confused:

7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    That was sheer luck in Brazil, Kimi lost out and Max got lucky, if you think anything else when you're out of control due to lost traction then you've never been in that situation

Come on furoni, get your act together man :D

8. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So here's Max's overtakes in Monaco 2018.....most we did'nt see.

The kid has his moments :eek: and has his moments.:(

2018 Monaco Grand Prix: Max Verstappen's Best Overtakes

RobertJRB and Bas like this.
  9. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    Did anyone else have a single overtake yesterday? I don't remember any.

And Lewis' don't count. That was just Ocon saying "Here Lewis, take my position. I was told to give it to you".

F2003-GA and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  10. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Cutting the corner after the tunnel is not penalised ?

He pushed Sainz off the track at the same point and then cut the same corner next lap .... if there was a wall or gravel trap there he'd be out of the race ... as well as poor Sainz

I think Bas is right, that corner should be removed so there is a long enough straight for a clean pass, then Monaco would be more exciting

Get it done now Prince Albert so Bas and I can sit at the end of the straight and watch the carnage :p

stavura, Bas, NEP and 1 other person like this.
  11. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    I swear I was thinking this the whole race. Would be a great improvement.

12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Not a fan of chicanes......Monaco, Paul Ricard.....LeMans 24 hours. I realize what there for but without them it would add more to the excitement.

william likes this.
  13. Zisky

Zisky Rookie

May 12, 2018
    Long Island NY
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    For all of Max’s troubles this year, his Monaco race (not practice) was a great performance.
    On a track that does not make overtaking easy, he started 20th and finished 9th.

What could have been if he made it to qualifying?

He didn’t wreck anyone (this time)and drove within his limits.
    Max needs to finish some more races and dial back his aggression (just a bit) and put together a strong second half.

If he can do it, (a big if) then the talk about him will quickly turn around.

stavura, Finlander, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  14. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/44280212 - Points lost and education that should have been done in the Jr series. I dont think 1 more year would have been a bad idea for Max before entering F1.

"Max arrived in F1 very quickly and he is doing his learning in a very public arena. Most guys will have gone through this in the lower formulae and he is having to deal with it in a very public arena and I am sure he will emerge on the other side."

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The lap before it Sainz cut the corner with a huge amount, Brundle at the time saying Sainz should give up the place as he clearly gained an advantage....Instead of waiting for Stewards max got passed the next lap. I think in conjunction with Sainz refusal to give the place he already lost up and a reasonable attempt at making the corner was made (he lost a lot of time bouncing on the curb), was the reason for nothing being done ;).
    ;)

16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Exactly. 2nd would have been his lowest place. Obviously we didn't see him in quali but I highly doubt anyone could've touched Ricciardo here.

Now the question remains whether Red Bull would've asked Ric to move over. Considering what happened 2 years ago (and the pending contract for Ric), I don't think so. Would Max have made more of an attempt to pass Ric than Vettel (presuming he didn't crash out in FP3)? I think so. And if Ric but up any kind of defense...the chance of more fireworks was likely. In a twisted way, Verstappen's FP3 crash likely ensured a win for Red Bull :D:D:D

Zisky likes this.
  17. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    These are "Monday morning quarterback" kinds of questions. But, that's what sports forums are all about!;)

18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Obviously. But hey at least we've seen he's still capable of driving an entire race without crashing :D

tifoso2728 likes this.
  19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Yes. It was actually refreshing and provided the only real drama (if there was any) of the Monaco race.

I thought there would be multiple Safety Cars, but there was only one and it was of the "virtual" variety.

Bas likes this.
  20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

We should be grateful Max crashed in FP3 at Monaco.
    Starting from the back ensured we got some actual overtaking

RWatters, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yes but he overtook backmarkers. I think the chances of a crash would have been bigger if he had to deal with the other 5 drivers of the top teams... as you said, maybe it was good for RB that Ricci and Max were that far apart as I doubt that any of those two would have backed up if there was a chance to win the most iconic race of the calendar.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I guess mouthwash or a breath mint might be handy prior to giving Max a piece of your mind lol.

Bas likes this.
  23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

:D
    maybe Helmut drinks too much RB. Nasty stuff.

24. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Max, 6/6 on crashing into something this season.

Makes Maldonado look like Prost

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D