812 sold out? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

812 sold out?

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by 905doctor, Mar 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    One point of clarification, all V12 production is done on the second floor and all V8 production is done on the main floor. Regarding the V12 engine one person builds the engine from start to finish and can take up to a week per engine.

2. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The Lusso V8 is assembled on the 2nd floor with the V12's, I have seen it myself.
    You are correct Gary, re the other V8's, which are assembled on the 1st floor.

3. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Even if they were sold out, they'd be at least a few 812's available with less than 200 miles on the clock.

4. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thanks for this. I was wondering what they do with the GTC4-T.

5. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Sometimes they build Portofino and 488 on the 2nd floor too.

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I think that’s very unlikely.

All the jigs that move the car around, parts around, robot that fits the windscreen are set up for the Lusso and 812, it would cost a fortune to change them just for an odd car or two, thats not taking into account all the training of the staff on the other cars and fitting of folding roofs etc.

7. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Nope, it’s a certainty. I’ve seen it. Couldn’t take pictures for obvious reasons. There were a couple of 488s and a Portofino upstairs on the line in March when I went to do TM on 812.

8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    And I know my way around a car factory and the various Ferrari models in case you were wondering!

9. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    +1 I have seen California T's being built upstairs a few years back as well.

10. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    The quicker they move on to a new design the better IMO.

11. richigga

richigga Rookie

Sep 27, 2017
    Full Name:
    MC
    its obviously marketing strategy. but i do know the waiting list is insanely long and only few allowcation is given to the dealers. my dealer only has five for 2018.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think for most part, the F12 was "sold out", yet the last year you could still order one no wait a few dealerships. It is all a dealer game and keeping a myth going, but yes most allocations of 812 are already spoken for. There isn't a wait list 5 times longer than the allocation of people that would pay 100% cash if they got the call though. I think when played right Ferrari sells one less car than the serious buyers demand.

anunakki likes this.
  13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Just as Mr. Enzo Ferrari said he would! :)

anunakki and Bundy like this.
  14. patekswiss

patekswiss Formula 3

Mar 31, 2014
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo
    Not in the US I don’t think. If they are sold out, I don’t know why I’m getting pinged by the dealer to see if I want one. According to the recent pitches, though, Ferrari is making it a bit more costly to keep your name in the “queue.” So that may suggest they feel like they’re within sight of selling all the slots.

15. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    If you read the analyst call transcript from the Ferrari first quarter results sweater man told all the analysts the Pista is sold out, the 812 for this year and next is sold out and the Portofino is sold out for this year. But you can get a Lusso!!

16. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    I thought what he said on the 812 was vague. He said the “... the portofino is sold out for 2018, the 488 and Spider is gone for the rest 2018 and well into 2019, and the Portofino for 2019, the 812 is out, the Pista is completely sold out, with the exception of the GTC4 everything else is pretty well gone for 2018 and a big chunk of 2019...”.

Lack of precision/clarity on 812. Deliberate? Or just cos he rambles on a bit?

If you want to listen for yourselves, you can stream a recording of the con call on Ferrari’s Corporate website or shortcut here. Listen to the Q&A from 31:57 minutes.
    https://edge.media-server.com/m6/p/fr2tiyya#

17. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Actual transcript

I'll let Alessandro deal with the Patent Box in a second. I'll just give it to you by model. I think on the GTC4, that's probably the shortest waiting list that we have, and mainly in the non-all-wheel drive version, the -- which was the second model that was launched in the GTC4. But that's relatively readily available. The Portofino, from what we can tell, is completely sold out for 2018. The 488 and the Spider are gone for remainder of '18, well into '19. So is the Portofino. The 812 is out. The Pista is completely sold out. With the exception of the GTC4, everything else is pretty well gone for the rest of 2018 and a big chunk in 2019. So it's as good an order book as I've seen here. It's in decent shape. I'll let Alessandro give you a view on the...

18. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    In speaking to the people in the know at Ferrari of Ontario they are getting eight 812’s for the year and they have over thirty desposits for the car. More interesting is friends that want the 812 that are long time Ferrari clients (with 5-6 new Ferrari purchases over the last 12- 15 years) are told they have to 24 months for a 812. The demand combined with lack of new 812’s should hold up resale values for the F12 and the new 812 in Ontario.

Andial likes this.
  19. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    I have a friend who after spec'ing his 812 to what he considered a decent spec, was told that if he didn't increase the spec (carbon bits etc) he wouldn't have a chance of getting a Pista

20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    There are a lot of games here. If the Pista would be actually sold out, one would not be able to get one no matter what...
    Ferrari is confident they can sell all Pista they expect to produce even if they put a lot of pressure on the interested customers (basically asking them to spend more), but in theory what if most customers eventually decide to reject Ferrari's demands?

21. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Never heard of that before in UK, so I can only think your friend was already getting a Pista, and was being strong armed a bit on the 812 to help them meet their option upsell targets .

22. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    According to him they indicated he was well positioned but it wasn't confirmed and he needed to up what Ferrari viewed as a low spec on the super fast (he only had 50k of extras...)

23. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I spoke to the dealer about this before I specked my car and he told me, that I could have what I want, if that was a low spec car then that was fine and I would still keep my early slot, although other people in the dealership had muted a min. spend, I still specked over 50k of extras so it was not an issue.

I also was told last week by another dealer, that all dealers in the UK had been told by Ferrari to tell people that were low down their list who had paid a deposit, that they will not get a car, as there is going a be quite a short fall of 812's for the UK market.

24. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agree with 812 sentiment for uk. There are a lot of orders. Sold out is a big statement, but in uk I would think no one could walk in and get a car before 2020 at least.

How it changes, they broke my arm to buy my F12...

Take it as it is, it changes, it might turn too crap. But to get a V12 Ferrari is, after all, motoring sex. It may never exist again, enjoy whilst it lasts.

Shack likes this.
  25. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    They 100pc make V8 on V12 floor, seen it with my eyes