512TR - Am I too tall? | FerrariChat

512TR - Am I too tall?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by 512RedHead, May 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 512RedHead

512RedHead Rookie

May 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Balta
    Hi,

Interested in getting a 512TR, but I'm worried I might not fit. I'm 6'2, 200ish, and yes I've searched and read all of the threads about people with different heights reporting if they fit or not, but I guess I fall in the gray area.

Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area that has a 512TR and is kind enough to let me see it in person?

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Let me answer this for you. Michael Jordan who is much taller than you fit and drove it to practice and games on several occasions...so u fit, no gray area. The tr is a classic so becareful if it is for u. If u are looking for extreme comfort, are not used to heavy ish clutch,no power steering and so forth this may or may not be what you want...but if u are u will have a blast! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    yes you are - its tiny inside - way smaller than my 355. im 5'9 and it sucks driving the 512tr

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Id love to see that...i am 6”1 220lbs NO issues. Michael Jordan 6”6...
    As i said i think some customers may like the car but are not meant for it...especially from my perspective US customer seem to have very different expectations when it comes to comfort than Europeans.

5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Well I'm not tall and I'm not lying and I'm 100 percent sure Jordan's car had mods done to it to accommodate him. And this post is in the California section of the board. I graze my head against the roof of the car, that's a fact.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Well maybe u have a long torso or something because at 6”1 i fit nicely but again im a european living in California who is used to our crappy interior;)

7. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Not shown in that photo: modifications so that he could fit.

Most of these basketball stars have 'tall man conversions' (seat rails removed and seat bolted to floor is one example) so that they fit. I'm 6'5", and I do not fit comfortably in a Testarossa. Reverse and 1st gear are out of sight under my right leg/knee, and my head is jammed against the roof. And Jordan is 1" taller as well.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

But u are not 5”9 so 5”9 should fit;)

My brother in law is 6”5 and drove the tr with no issues too. Now was he comfortable enough for a long trip? Not at all but he was okay i guess.