Wanted: Garage/storage space in Europe for my 348 | FerrariChat

Wanted: Garage/storage space in Europe for my 348

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Texas Bumblebee, May 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    #1 Texas Bumblebee, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Group:

I’m trying to find a storage unit or garage space in continental Europe to store my 348. My plan is to ship my 348 to Europe for four to five driving vacations from July through October. I’ll need to store my automobile there during the periods when I return to Texas. I would like to rent a storage unit or garage space for 4 months. To charge the battery while the 348 is in storage, I’d prefer space with an accessible electric outlet. The storage unit would need to be at least 3 meters wide and 5 meters long to accommodate a 348.

So far I've had no luck in finding a storage unit. If anyone could give me any contact(s) in Europe who might know of a storage unit or garage space or direct me to someone who could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Roger Jones

Email: [email protected]

2. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    Hi Roger,

I live near Stuttgart and now about these two places:
    http://classic-car-refugium.de/
    https://www.motorworld.de/

i have no idea about prices etc., but they are near to the airport Stuttgart. there are more "Motorworlds" in germany (munich, cologne,...) and you can rent "glass boxes" there to store you car.
    someone told me also, that the Ferrari dealer (Gohm) in Böblingen (same location as the Motorworld) rents garage spaces in his basement - but that's what I only heard and this was already some years ago...

Martin

3. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Thank you Martin! I'm contacting both places via email immediately and I will also contact the Ferrari dealer in Boblingen. I appreciate your assistance. Roger Jones

4. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    let us know if it works out :)

5. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Martin:
    Thanks to you I think I've found a good place. MotorWorld has a location in Russelsheim, about 14 km from Frankfurt airport and I think it may be the best choice. Less expensive than their glass box facilities in other cities because the Russelsheim location is only storage at this time. Classic Car Refugium responded to my inquiry but the price and location weren't as attractive as the MotorWorld Russelsheim facility.

Now I'm trying to obtain vehicle insurance in the EU. I've found one company but they offer liability only, no coverage for damage to my 348. GEICO in Germany won't insure it at all (I think because it's a Ferrari). If you have any ideas I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for your recommendations about storage facilities. Very helpful.

Roger Jones

6. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    congrats, sounds good :)
    unfortunately I have no idea about insurance....

If you're in the area of Stuttgart during your traveling, let me know and maybe we can meet up somewhere. There are a lot of car places here :) most well know of course Mercedes and Prosche museum, but there are some other smaller museums/collections too (Forstner Lambo collection with usually 2 or 3 Paganis or Boxenstopp museum Tübingen) and of course the black forest with nice routes is near too :)

Martin

7. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Martin:
    I'll probably be in the Stuttgart area. I think my brother and I'll be traveling end of July and we'll go through Frankfurt because I want to see the storage center. Also my brother used to manage a Luscent plant in Nuremberg and lived in Pfaffenhofen plus he has a friend who lives in Trier so I think he and I'll be visiting those areas. I'll definitely let you know and get you my email address and telephone number so I can let you know.

Thanks again for your suggestions about storage facilities.

Roger Jones

8. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    Roger
    I dont mean to be noosy but we all could benefit from knowing their storage charges. Fo you mind sharing this bit of information? Thanks and enjoy EU.