Wanted: Garage/storage space in Europe for my 348 | FerrariChat

Wanted: Garage/storage space in Europe for my 348

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Texas Bumblebee, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Group:
    I’m trying to find a storage unit or garage space in Europe to store my 348. My plan is to ship my 348 to Europe for four to five driving vacations from July through October. I’ll need to store my automobile there during the periods when I return to Texas. I would like to rent a storage unit or a garage for 4 months. To charge the battery while the 348 is in storage, I’d prefer space with an accessible electric outlet. The storage unit would need to be at least 3 meters wide and 5 meters long to accommodate a 348.

So far I've had no luck in finding a storage unit. The self storage facilities I've researched aren't setup for vehicle storage. If anyone could give me any contact(s) in Europe who might know of a storage unit or garage space or direct me to someone who could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Roger Jones
    Email: [email protected]

2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If Europe includes the UK for your trips, you are more than welcome to store it in my garage, on a trickle charger, safe in the garage, behind secure fencing with guard dogs and an armed householder! Pm me if I can help buddy

AshAP likes this.
  3. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Frankly, the prospect of driving my steering-wheel-on-the-left 348 in the UK terrifies me so I didn't plan to include the UK in any of my driving trips. Thank you though for your very kind offer! Roger Jones

daytona355 likes this.
  4. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Damn Sid, you are a great guy!:)

Not many people would offer that...

daytona355 likes this.
  5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Europe is a big place: from Cadiz or Catania to Copenhagen or Brest to Bucarest - do you have any feel for a preference ?

Also why can't you turn the car off whilst not in use rather than need a charger ?

Once you have a better geographic idea you might want to try posting in the European section

One other element to consider before you ship is confirmation that you can get proper insurance to comply with European regulations

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You’d be okay, I ran a C5 Vette which was left hand drive here back in 2002, it was still an awesome fast car (once I changed the run flat Goodyear’s for a set of Avon Turbospeed, that is). Only issues you get is when overtaking, you have to get used to poking out behind the cars in front to see what’s coming, but you get used to using upcoming corners and curves in the road to plan attack!

7. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    As greyboxer said, it'll help when we/you know more about whereabouts in Europe you'll be. It could take several days just to drive from say Paris, to Rome. So maybe you'll be in need of several locations for these storage boxes.

8. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I live in Belgrade, Serbia. I am about to give up my second garage space which is 100 Euros/month in a luxury building. What is unique about the garage here in this building is each space is a private garage inside the building with a private garage door. It has outlets and even a sink. The main door to the garage is closed at night and there is a security guard at the front desk downstairs.

Air Serbia flies non-stop to here from JFK with very reasonable business class prices for sleeper seats.

Let me know if I can be of assistance. Happy to help a fellow FChatter.

daytona355 and Formula Uno like this.
  9. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    I'm thinking France or Germany would probably be best; central or southern part of either country. My idea was to fly into a major airport then take a train to the city/town where the 348 is stored and a taxi/Uber to the storage location. I plan to avoid major cities while driving the 348 in Europe.

10. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Let me think about this. Belgrade is further east than I'd planned on traveling but the parking space you've described sounds great. I'll get back with you. Thank you very much. Roger

daytona355 likes this.
  11. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    What do you have in mind to do if you are unfortunate enough to break down on the road? 348’s are pretty old now...wishing you the best of luck but just wondering what your plan is.

12. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    I was planning on buying towing insurance to transport the 348 to a reputable mechanic or dealership. 348 is just finishing engine-out belt service and suspension bushings replacement, new tires and new battery well as general service by Norwood Auto Italia in Dallas (great mechanics). I plan to get a spare tire plus carry aerosol tire sealant and a tire plug kit. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks. Roger

daytona355 and Formula Uno like this.
  13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    There's Ferrari free Con Te for which you can register which will take you to a main dealer [email protected]

daytona355 likes this.
  14. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Thanks for that information. I will register immediately. I appreciate the help. Roger

daytona355 likes this.
  15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Love this forum, the knowledge and friendliness around is a credit to the site!

Texas Bumblebee likes this.
  16. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    If all else fails try some of the Ferrari main dealers. I know my local in the uk does storage for some of their clients. I expect their special clients, but it would be a starting point.

You could also reach out to the Ferrari owners club (uk). Very friendly bunch and would hopefully put you in contact with their equivalents in Europe who you could then ask and also hopefully meet up with.

Appreciate you will likely skip uk, but if you do happy to help as well. Couple of good storage facilities near me (1.5 hrs from Heathrow) and if your desperate I’ve got a spare garage bay. (No fence, dog will lick you to death, but will be in good company with my 348!!).

Whatever you do, enjoy it will be great, so much to see, so many great roads!!

Texas Bumblebee likes this.
  17. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    apart from the fact that saying 'storing/driving in europe, makes as little sense as saying storing/driving in america......

how about some practical questions....
    - what license plate do you plan on running the car on?
    - what insurance do you have?
    - what driver's license do you have?
    - do you have any idea where you are going?
    - have you ever driven in europe?

i can perhaps hook you up with some places in switzerland, but first i need to make sure you know what you are doing.

18. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Was down in the garage today so I snapped a couple of pics.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    One more place I just thought of is in Berlin. Actually they also have a location in Dusseldorf.

http://remise.de/Classic-Remise-Berlin-english-summary.php

It's a very cool place to visit and/or store your car. My friend kept his '67 Corvette there for many years. It's flanked by restoration shops and it used to have the official Ferrari dealer showroom on the premises. (Don't know if it is still there.) They have a cafe and you can just walk around and check out all of the cars. Some are in glass boxes, some are not.

20. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    I have parking available for your Ferrari in Lugano, Switzerland, if you need for a couple of months.

21. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    #21 Claudia65, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
    if you are looking for a place in Germany..have a look at Motorworld Stuttgart...many people store their cars there..they are taken care of if you want, its close to an airport and just a bit more than an hour to great driving regions like the black forrest the swabian alb and its also not far to switzerland...but they offer this in other places like Munich etc too...
    https://www.motorworld.de/

22. NoSpeedLimit

NoSpeedLimit Karting

Sep 6, 2013
    Another opportunity would be "Klassikstadt Frankfurt" http://www.klassikstadt.de/klassikstadt/stellplatz/#boxengasse
    Would cost you 220€/month
    The Klassikstadt is 20km from Frankfurt airport.
    ..and there is a Ferrari indi http://www.die-sportwagen-spezialisten.de/ with a good reputation.
    Lamborghini and McLaren are in the same building. So, good company for your Ferrari.
    Unluckily everything is in German, but it never hurts to ask.
    On the 22nd of July there are the 5. Maserati Days, but I think, your 348 will also be welcome.