Radio on when i start 488GTB/Time set | FerrariChat

Radio on when i start 488GTB/Time set

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by waynelawson, May 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. waynelawson

waynelawson Rookie

Nov 20, 2016
    UK
    How do I setup/disable the radio being set to ON when I start the car. I do not want this on unless I press the button to bring it on.

Also where is the setting for time/date within the software menu's,,

ive checked the manual but cannot see it....

does anyone have the page numbers for setting these things.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

2. waynelawson

waynelawson Rookie

Nov 20, 2016
    UK
  3. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Date/Time should be on the setup menu on the left TFT screen (p 86 of the copy of the english manual I have - I guess it may be a few pages before or after in yours ).
    Not sure it's possible to have radio off by default, it's always been on at startup on my car (I have to switch it off each time).

Melvok likes this.
  4. Espadon

Espadon Rookie

Aug 23, 2011
    Same here, I can't stand it either... it seems there is a way to switch off the radio for good, when pression the on/off button only when the radio screen is up, ie when you havent pressed the "options view" yet and are still able to control the choice of radio station etc...

5. RobertM

RobertM Formula 3

Apr 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    Full Name:
    Robert M
    note that you can NOT make certain changes (example, set the time, date) if the car is moving.... Lesson's learned ..... There are certain menu screens do not even show up if the car is in motion.

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Funny that the radio on thing still persists on the most recent models. Personally, I tune the radio to a dead channel before turning off the car so when it comes on at startup there's no sound. I somehow cannot get through the owners manual to find out. Its very boring and far too much to remember. When I asked the service manager about it he said it was normal which really doesn't mean anything as I'm sure he doesn't own one or know how to research it.

FChat is very useful in this area as I think someone posted the correct procedure one time. The problem with my Ferrari is that its just so darn thrilling to drive that I don't spend a lot of time going through the hugely non-intuitive menus and controls the vast majority of which I have never used. Recently I noticed buttons on the ceiling and the rear view mirror. More mysteries if I someday ever get bored with the throttle. Good luck with your quest.

7. Macki

Macki Rookie

Oct 3, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Simon
    You can also press and hold the on/off button to disable the whole right screen/infotaiment system. So you wont get Calls, radio or navigation.
    its my most used mode. also you get a digital or analog speedo(have to chose which one in setup) if you disabled it.
    so the left screen is free to use for whatever you like.
    i personaly dont like the small speed displayed at the bottom of the left screen, can barely see it.

8. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Picking up my 488 today, so I will ask my sales guy to show me how to accomplish this. What are the odds he will know?

In the meantime, is there a way to put “media” (infotainment) selection on “aux,” which effectively disengages the radio function? This is what I had to do on my GT3.

9. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Right screen control switches near the HVAC duct. Dial to radio, toggle off. Exit screen.