2018 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 8 | FerrariChat

2018 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Joe_CT, Jan 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I will no longer be attending this event. I did not like when the event was opened up to other Italian makes beyond Ferrari. The Ferrari Concorso event, when it was Ferrari’s only at the Capital, was a special event and what convinced me to buy my first Ferrari back in 2007.

2. Rich7

Rich7 Rookie

May 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Rich
    So does that mean it's part of a Cars and Caffe event or other event organzier?

3. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    The event is now organized by Connecticut Children's Medical Center (CCMC). The organizers are CCMC employees and are not associated with any club. I wish them well but suspect that the event will be changing. The car guys are out.

4. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I have attended because it was a Ferrari Club event. The Club asked if we would bring our cars a make a $100 donation, which we did. We also gave rides to some CCMC patients. Now CCMC wants us to donate and additional $100 to give a kid a ride. I don't think they get it? I was there for the Club and the Kids. I'm not there for CCMC and I don't need the additional responsibility of giving rides if they are going to charge me to do it. I thought I was doing them a favor. Apparently they view it the other way around. I won't be in the patient parade or showing my car this year. I don't need to burn an entire summer day for someone that doesn't appreciate my contribution to their cause.

Joe_CT likes this.
  5. LNtoast

LNtoast Karting

Jul 11, 2013
    I'll go, if only because Horacio Pagani is the guest of honor and there will be a good turn out of his cars.
    I didn't see anything about non Italian cars.
    The website still shows
    V I N T A G E , E X O T I C & M O D E R N M O D E L S
    A L L I T A L I A N M A K ES W E L C O M E !
    Ferrari ~ Lamborghini ~ Maserati ~ Alfa Romeo

6. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Just went to their site to sign up for the event. The application was only for personal information. Nothing about the car I was bringing. That's because they don't care what you bring. I was wrong about it costing $100 for the privilege to give a kid a ride in your car. It's $150.

7. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I need to correct my prior post. The registration form does ask for car details. Any car will be accepted.

8. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Any car will not be accepted. I received an email from Charles Vest, sent to all past participants of Concorso Ferrari and friends. I asked if they were still open to Italian cars only, or all cars.

His response was as follows: 'Hi Jason, We have pretty much been sticking to all Italian cars, but we've allowed some other exotics- Bugatti's, McLarens and a few others on occasion.'

This is a great event in a beautiful town. A nice setting where you can go grab a nice lunch, a drink, etc... And the proceeds go to a good cause. Not sure why so much vitriol about a car show that is intended to be a fund-raiser for a children's hospital. If you don't like the format, don't go.

9. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I ask if I could bring a Jaguar this year and was told "Yes".

10. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I inquired with the Club president about the show because it is absent from the calendar of events. He informed me the club is no longer involved. Maybe Charlie is still working the event. It's a nice event. I would recommend attending. Just be aware the event will be transitioning due to the organizational changes.

11. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    I went on line to register on the connecticutchildrens.org website and didn't see the usual form to fill out, so I contacted Charlie, and he had in fact sent out an email on Mar. 29th with the old form attached.
    I have signed up all three of my cars as in the past. I suspect the vast majority of participants will be Ferraris.

12. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I didn't get an email from Charlie. Maybe I've been black listed?

13. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Anyone going to go tomorrow? Don't think the weather is going to cooperate, but I'll see how it looks in the morning.
    Brendon.... Is that Pinin sign still on lay-away? You'll be looking for storage fees pretty soon......

14. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'm possibly in weather permitting

15. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I'll go if it's dry.

16. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    All depends on the weather... hoping for a dry start to the day but not looking promising at this point.

17. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    The rates are reasonable.

18. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Looks like it will be a dry morning. Who's in?

19. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    I'll be there. DD or F12..... making the decision by 8:45, watching radar.

20. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I'll be there. I took the roof off Monday and have little desire to but it back on. I'll have to take something else. I would never put up with the weather in Connecticut if it wasn't for the tax advantages.

JazzyJay likes this.
  21. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
  22. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Hopefully June will be sunny Sundays

23. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Anyone going to Lime Rock on Saturday? I’m stuck driving a moving truck on Sunday, but it’s for a good cause.

24. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  25. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey guys! Good news, the CEL has stayed off for 2 days now...hoping to get it through emissions this Sat, then they'll process the registration and be back on the road!

FJS961, Joe_CT and bman6074 like this.