Wanted: Garage/storage space in Europe for my 348 | FerrariChat

Wanted: Garage/storage space in Europe for my 348

Discussion in '348/355' started by Texas Bumblebee, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Group:
    I’m trying to find a storage unit or garage space in Europe to store my 348. My plan is to ship my 348 to Europe for four to five driving vacations from July through October. I’ll need to store my automobile over there during the periods when I return to the U.S. I would like to rent a storage unit or a garage space for 4 months. To charge the battery while the 348 is in storage, I’d prefer space with an accessible electric outlet. The storage unit would need to be at least 3 meters wide and 5 meters long to accommodate a 348.

So far I've had no luck in finding a storage unit. Apparently the self storage facilities there aren't setup for vehicle storage. If anyone could give me any contact(s) in Europe who might know of a storage unit or garage space or direct me to someone who could help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Roger Jones
    Email: [email protected]

2. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Email sent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Ga68_

Ga68_ Karting

Jul 16, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Gaetan
    En France ?

4. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    France or Germany would probably be best; central or southern part of either country. My idea was to fly into a major airport then take a train to the city/town where the 348 is stored and a taxi/Uber to the storage location. I plan to avoid major cities while driving the 348 in Europe. Thanks!

5. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    I would suggest Germany to avoid air traffic /airline challenges likely to occur in the summer in some parts of continental Europe.

It’s a long while since I worked out of Munich, but I’m sure they’ll be options around there, or Berlin. Sorry I can’t be more help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Thanks Stuart. I'd been thinking Frankfurt would be great because of the wonderful airline connections to Dallas/Fort Worth airport.

7. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    That makes sense, I worked with NATO and the USAF used that for civilian flights. The trains are great too, and the autobahn means it’s quick to get around. Good for Italy, France.... sounds like a brilliant trip(s).

8. thibaut

thibaut Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Thibaut A.
    If you want France, you can contact these guys:
    http://www.compagnie-des-remisages.com/parking.html

they are in La Defense which is not too far from Roissy CDG Airport (Paris main airport).

I have not used them but did consider them in the past.
    If you are looking at london I have some guys to recommend

9. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    I'll contact the company in La Defense. Regarding the UK, I probably won't take the 348 there because the thought of driving my steering-wheel-on-the-left-side 348 in the UK is rather scary. Thanks for the response; I greatly appreciate your help. Roger

10. DarkHorseTerence

Oct 25, 2012
    Hey I wouldn't be worried about the LHD thing - its very easy after a few miles.

Anyway - good luck - whatever you do - don't miss the drive over the col du bonnette into Nice....the route both up and down is amazing....

Texas Bumblebee likes this.
  11. F_driver

F_driver Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2015
    Belgium
    If Belgium is an option, I know a place.
    If interested, you can send me a PM.

12. thibaut

thibaut Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Thibaut A.
    you really shouldnt worry about driving LHD in the UK. It's not a problem at all.
    I also drive a RHD in france and the only annoying thing is the toll roads. easily sorted with the transponder that allows you not to stop anymore and saves a lot of time too.
    Just be mindful of different attitude of police forces towards speeding. French have become very repressive.

13. Marius

Marius Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Germany/Belgium
    Full Name:
    Marius
    Hey Roger, we do have plenty of space right here at the german/belgian border, some 30minutes of Spa-Francorchamps, 60 minutes to the Nurburgring and just a two hours drive to the coast. And your car would be in nice company... ;-)
    Just drop me a pm if we can help. Next airport is Cologne or Dusseldorf, both of them around 45min away. Frankfurt would be a 2:15 hours drive.
    Retardation,
    Marius

14. Marius

Marius Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Germany/Belgium
    Full Name:
    Marius
    Damn T9, I meant REGARDS... :)

15. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sounds like a sweet vacation. I'm curious to know how you are shipping it? Via plane or boat? Isn't a plane like 10k? I thought about shipping mine over here but I was too worried about shipping it via boat due to the salt water and corrosion.

16. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Paul, I plan to ship in a 20 foot container just for my 348 so, hopefully, no worries about salt water or corrosion. Here's cost estimate so far:

CFR Rinkens shipping from Houston, Texas to Bremerhaven, Germany

$1,500.00 for 20 foot container for my 348 alone

$1,200 (2% of the value of the 348 for full coverage shipping insurance with $500 deductible)

EUR 650.00 Port dues, container trucking to Bremen, unloading at warehouse Bremen, return of the empty container

EUR 125.00 Custom clearing as a tourist

17. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Marius, I sent you a PM (I think/hope). Thanks, Roger

18. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Mine came from London to Seattle including a few day layover in Bogota to change ships. Was in a dedicated 20 ft container. It was dirty when it got here, not sure if it happened in the lot awaiting insertion into the container, of it is was just dust from being in the container for a month.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Texas Bumblebee

Texas Bumblebee Karting

Aug 4, 2015
    Texas US
    Full Name:
    Roger
    Thanks for the information. Great color for your 348 and I really like the Alfa. Italian family!

Roger

20. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    And the 400i, and the Spider, and the Alfetta, and the X1/9. ;) I have an Italian car problem.

21. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thank you both for the information. That wasn't too bad of a price to ship it to the other side of the world! But seeing Brian's car being dirty and it looks like there was moisture condensing on it as well makes me somewhat happy that I didn't do it. I hope it's ok!

22. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    hah. Not a problem. Moisture condensing? Again, my bet was UK rain prior to it being put in the container. Either way, it was fine.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

PaulK likes this.
  23. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    StuR likes this.