What's For Dinner? | Page 317 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No pic, but I portioned out some Bison liver in slices for meal sized freezing/thawing, then had a slice last night. For the last couple years, I have enjoyed liver, after realizing it doesn't have to be blackened to smithereens while cooked in onions. (Thanks for all the good nutrition mom, but Bison liver is so much better tasting than Beef’s. I fixed it with a dry rub of mustard seed and rosemary, cinnamon, and fennel.

Lisa saw while reading Bison liver recipes and falling upon an article on treating low thyroid, that pill sized pieces can be frozen and swallowed as a way to supplement. She prefers not to eat (chew) Bison, Lamb or other red meats. She reports “no issue” with ingesting her first frozen dose.

2. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    The steaks in this thread and the lobster thread have me craving both. So plan is too go for steak and lobster tail tonight...... Have a steakhouse chain here called The Keg...... Its not the best steakhouse chain around. Just the best steakhouse in my town.

3. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Did the liver again today so’s to get a picture, and that its so good. Side is corn pasta with cucumber, artichoke, lemon juice, hemp oil, salt and turmeric. Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm not a big fan of beef liver..... I buy it for the dog sometimes, as a treat.

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    That actually looks really good. The big thing I never liked about liver as a kid was that it was so tough and dry, probably like you mentioned above from Mom overcooking the snot out of it.

6. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    We rushed dinner... Since both the women I'm dating are busy tonight. Took my parents. Now watching boxing with my Dad. I have a big screen, so we often watch things at my place.... Steak was ok... Ordered it rare and it came med. Lobster tail made the meal...... Since sashimi is my favorite meal, I joke about not liking cooked seafood now.

7. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    That pizza looks awesome...... I've decided my diet is semi over. I want to maintain my current success. The problem, I keep getting cravings for the foods that made me need a diet. Like pizza. Its a cycle....... I had a late sashimi lunch. Since I also had a few rolls, I'm currently stuffed. So that will be dinner as well.

I took the psych nurse Rachel.... She took a night shift for a co-worker. Her unit needs several nurses 24/7. I guess a few to watch patients in the ward. Think she said she is assigned 9 patients tonight. She watches them, etc.... She also has been assigned the emergency room. If a psych patient comes in tonight, she does the intake with the doctors. Sounds like a hard job.........

8. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    I'm Mother's Day cooking. Canapes with breasola slices with a schmear of pesto/lemon mayonnaise, and retro antipasti skewers with mozzarella balls, artichoke hearts, blue cheese stuffed olives, multicolored cherry tomatoes, and folded soppresatta. Then chicken piccata with a tre colore salad and Israeli couscous with feta, local asparagus, parsley, diced red onion, and lemon vinaigrette.

9. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Did a mothers day brunch with my mother and brother..... I'm pretty full now. I might skip dinner again or just have a salad..

10. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

11. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Looks like the stuff I had for brunch..............

My house is radiant heat, so no ducts and means no AC.... Its 80 in my house and decided to go for a drive to cool off in the trucks AC. Stopped at DQ for an Oreo cookie blizzard...... So that's my dinner tonight, ice cream!

12. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm planning a light meal after yesterdays brunch. Had two plates of brunch food and desert...... Plus the blizzard. So tonight I've grilled a chicken breast and going to have it over Iceberg lettuce and Caesar salad dressing........

13. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I skipped breakfast and lunch.... After the gym, I was starving. So I hit a Japanese place for rolls. Had a chopped scallop cone and 8 Philadelphia rolls. Cream cheese and smoked salmon...... So that's part dinner besides the chicken Caesar salad..........

14. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Had to take my mother to our version of social security, her old age pension is messed up. So I took her to the states after for Panda Express. Needed to do some banking in the USA and get gas.

15. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    SCFerrari and TexasF355F1 like this.
  16. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Those tacos look tasty....... I wonder what happened to T? He hasn't been on in a few days.

I have a cold... Running nose and slight cough. So Campbell's chicken noodle soup.

17. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    sasso1977 likes this.
  18. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Looks awesome. Never had crab legs like that. Just tiny Blue Crabs.

19. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    My mother is making spaghetti and meatballs for my dad. Since she doesn't know how to make it small.... My brother and I are heading over to help them eat it all.

20. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

It’s raining. It’s chilly. Perfect for homemade Mac and Cheese. Costco Chianti Classico Riserva and listening to beautiful music, Lisa Batiashvili, Spiegel im Spiegel.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I like my mothers Mac N cheese.....

I didn't go. But yesterday it was 50/50 Id have to go to Eastern Washington State again. Going tomorrow instead. So it messed up my plans for tonight, as in having a date or something lined up..... Instead gave into the cravings and had KFC popcorn chicken and small potato salad for dinner..... Now what to do tonight.....

22. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    sasso1977 likes this.
  23. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

^ Love figs. Especially right off the tree. A previous neighbor had fig trees in her back garden... when they were ripe it, wow, amazing!

I.T. Guy likes this.
  24. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

arizonaitalian likes this.