New Stratos limited run of 25 | FerrariChat

New Stratos limited run of 25

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by Zarathustra, May 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    Okay... I love this car.

http://www.manifatturaautomobilitorino.it/new-stratos-limited-run/

I had a Stratos (#1882) for many years and would love to have a new version with more power. I would absolutely order this concept from Ferrari or Lancia, but MAT? Yes, they have good clout and an excellent reputation. But, honestly, this new hybrid is just an up-up-scale version of a Lister Bell STR-M, which is more visceral, primitive, and considerably less expensive:

http://www.listerbell.com/products/str-m

The New Stratos costs about US$600k plus a donner 430, which is about $110k. (Of course, I would want to butcher a manual, USA 430, so that would be about $190k.) By the time I fly this thing to Hawaii, the total: US$800k. The good news is that all 25 are likely already spoken for, so I don't have to loose any more sleep.
    I hope.

cnpapa24 likes this.
  2. ghibliman

ghibliman Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2009
    Thanks for posting.....wish there were a few more photos of their production car.

Love that damn Stratos too :)

3. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 7, 2006
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gary Robinson
    MAT has not made one yet. The cars at their Geneva Car Show booth belonged to Michael Stoschek, and they're just reproducing Stoschek's design.
    So here are more pictures:
    http://www.new-stratos.com/en/#/article/a3

4. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    I have a Stratos and do love it. I’m not a fan, however, of retro styling exercises. To me the New Stratos is fundamentally the antithesis of the original one. The original was innovative, even groundbreaking. It had a clear mission and used the best the times could offer to achieve it. The New Stratos is a 14 year old car redesigned to look like a 44 year old one. Just not as inspiring as far as I’m concerned. For the money I’d rather buy a good period Group 4 Stratos. Add a bit more and you can get one with decent history...

beng, cnpapa24 and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Well said.

I’d get a Lister Bell and pocket the rest.

Matt

6. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    Love them...old or new. Of all the retro cars 're-done' in a more modern world, none have impressed as much as ANY Stratos remake in my opinion. Ford GT, attempts at Pantera, etc are all ok, but must be that shape, because the updated versions look REALLY good!

7. Sig. Roma

Sig. Roma Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2007
    Bella Italia
    Full Name:
    Dom T.
  8. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    NürScud and hyenahf like this.