F1 TV Now Available | FerrariChat

F1 TV Now Available

Discussion in 'F1' started by trumpet77, May 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    According to the F1 webpage, you can now sign up for F1 TV, subscribe for the year or the month, not available in all countries.

https://www.formula1.com/en/subscribe-to-f1-tv-pro.html

As great as that sounds, now that we have all practice and race coverage on ESPN/SKY, I'll have to think about this!

2. Sharknose

Sharknose Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Good point although the promise of multiple in-car shots and enhanced timing is tempting. ESPN/SKY has been doing a good job so far so it will be a difficult decision. Perhaps some reviews will help when people do sign on.

3. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I think you're right, the attraction for me is the multiple in-car camera views available.

4. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    I signed up yesterday. The "pro" subscription is $89 a year for the next month, and then goes up to $99 a year. I seldom watch the races live, so I'm very curious how the race replays will work. (For example, will they be available immediately after the race?)

5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    So what parts of this week's F1 is ESPN/Sky not going to show us? I would like to see FP 1, 2, & 3 as well as Qualifying. So far ESPN/Sky isn't giving that to me. F1 TV will get my money and ESPN will lose my eyes unless ESPN starts doing a credible job.

6. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    ESPN is showing P3, Quali, and the Race. I'm sure on race day they will 30 Pre-coverage.

7. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    P1 and P2 are live on ESPNU. P3 and Qauli are live on ESPN2. The race is live on ESPN2, and replays on ESPN2 and ESPNNews later on Sunday.

Sharknose and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  8. 06F430Spider

06F430Spider Rookie

Feb 12, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    I have Direct TV and with the ESPN/SKY network, I could not get the Qualiftying for the FORMULA 1 2018 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX . I had to watch it on a Spanish network, guess what, I speak English. At least I got to see the event! NOT HAPPY with SKY/ ESPN Sports Network.

9. Kiwi Nick

Kiwi Nick Formula 3

Jun 13, 2014
    Durango, CO
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    This is the ESPN schedule site. I believe that all of the listed showings are also available online as well as cable (if your cable company carries all of the ESPN channels). You may have a problem with Direct TV not carrying the ESPN channels that carry F1.
    http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?categoryId=4922&startDate=20180511&type=upcoming

10. AustinMartin

AustinMartin F1 Veteran

Mar 1, 2008
    Los Angeles/Idaho
    Really wishing that race replays weren’t a two day delay, but without currently having cable/satellite I might have to pull the trigger. I’ll probably hold off until some reviews come through this weekend.

11. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  12. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
  13. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    It appears that only the first three races are currently available for replay on the site...

It says that they should be available on demand.

There is also an archive area for previous years.

So I will take some time this weekend to try it all out.

Robb

14. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    According to their email today, I’m automatically able to use it as an existing subscriber (in the UK, in case it makes a difference), they just recommended I make sure I update the app on all devices to guarantee service. No additional cost, so it says

15. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So what about all three practices, qualifying coverage? Is this included in the cost of the race weekend coverage??? I didn't see any where on the subscription coverage this is added in or not!

16. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    The cameras and timing are tempting for me...

However ESPN is providing the same content ad-free with Sky commentary and analysis and they already have a Roku app to put it all on my big TV. F1 TV has no Roku app or any other native TV platform feed so it's iPad or computer only.

For me it depends on the commentary of the F1 TV. Do we know who it is going to be? There is NO WAY ON EARTH i am taking it if they hired the NBC guys.

The discount is available to the end of the month so I think I will wait for reviews until I decide.

17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If you get Apple TV box, then you can put your screen up on the TV

shashi27 and Robb like this.
  18. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    I am not sure they have commentators. At least they don’t have any for the first three races. I don’t know if it will just be the world feed. I hope that is not the case. The banter helps put the race and positioning in perspective. I skimmed some of the archives they have and they are so dry with no commentating.

19. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  20. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    According to F1TV they are not available I the USA at this time.

21. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    I've watched a lot of sessions this year on the ESPN app on my phone and on a FireTV at home. Not sure if I get that because my Verizon FIOS includes ESPN or not.

22. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I'm debating the value of the current deal in Canada - F1 TV Pro is not available here either, only the base F1 TV Access which doesn't offer the fancier onboard camera selections etc... and in Canada, you have to wait 7 days for replays to be available. It doesn't sound like a good deal without the Pro option.

23. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Million dollar question... who are the commentators for this feed?

24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4

Attached Files:

25. cockrill

cockrill Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 23, 2008
    Columbia, MO
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Cockrill
    Same here... I logged on to watch Spain Practice 2 after it had completed. It's not available on F1 TV, but is available ESPN Live (or whatever it is called). So, even though I paid for F1 TV, I had to watch practice 2 on ESPN.