F430 - Did I get taken for a ride? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F430 - Did I get taken for a ride?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JerseyBland, May 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Was this a ‘smart’ buy

1. Nope, you got hosed!

8 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Better to be lucky than good, you did well

40 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Ruh roh....rookie mistake #1, I didn’t get the originals back from the dealer...I’ve had the car for 5 days...is it reasonable to ask for them now?

They paid for the new wheels

2. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I would ask for them. A lot of Ferrari people like and look for originality.

daytona355 likes this.
  3. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Will do...great advice tyvm!

4. skullyspice

skullyspice Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2013
    L A
    Full Name:
    erik
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I think we all know the feeling!

JerseyBland likes this.
  5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I tell people this who are looking for their first Ferrari. I can understand the worry and sometimes frustration involved in buying an expensive used exotic car.

Buying a used Ferrari is not a game to see who can find the cheapest car out there. No one is keeping score. You don't get extra points for finding and buying one cheaper than the next guy.

Buy the car that you like, that suits your check list (model, year, color combo, mileage, condition, service, location, etc) and is a price you can afford. You don't buy these every day. Get one that appeals to you.

And never let a good car go for a few thousand bucks.

Once you own it, never look back. The first rule of Italian driving applies here: "Whatza behind me izza not important". :)

Mikael-F360, mnogj, Bhh and 5 others like this.
  6. Mondial83

Mondial83 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2014
    Congrats on the new Fcar. It’s beautiful. Welcome to the Ferrari chat family.

JerseyBland likes this.
  7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Honestly I don't get coming to a Ferrari gear head forum and asking "Did I get taken ?"
    The time to ask is BEFORE.
    Most here would be more than anxious to give an informed opinion (but take with a grain of salt).

8. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Thank you, being here is an honor...reading the threads, humbling...and all the reply’s, well just cool as ****!

9. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Can’t argue the logic, should have done my homework. That being said, I didn’t. So wanting to know after the fact, seems reasonable to me.

10. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    Looks ok to me...and if you love it and enjoy it..its all good....if thats still the case in a year...and you can afford it, keep it...get your Son to love it as much as you do..get him involved, go driving with him, take him to Car-Events and the love will grow and grow...and probably in 20 years this Baby will still be part of the family when everyone is driving electric and i doubt it will be worth any less than what you bought it for then...thats what i try with my daughter because i want my Babies still be around and in good condition when i am too for this :D:D:D

JerseyBland and Bowzer like this.
  11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    There should be a third option in the poll; "Did the seller get hosed'

That one would've gotten my vote.

Bhh, TheMayor and JerseyBland like this.
  12. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Beautiful car whereabouts in New Jersey are you I am in Summit New Jersey. There is a great group of guys they get together up here for cars and coffee you should bring your new ride sometime.

13. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    From Jersey, however residing in AZ these days...thanks for the offer and reply, had I been local I would have certainly taken you up on your offer!

Afonsolaw likes this.
  14. poljav

poljav F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Pol J.
    This!

15. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Are your new wheels HRE's? They look great! I always see HRE with factory Ferrari yellow center caps?

16. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I understand the OP's concern. But the cool thing about buying a Ferrari is you don't have to explain. After I brought my first one, I told people the reason I bought a Ferrari was (1) because I wanted to, and (2) I could. You don't need to say anything else. Just leave that for the Porsche guys. ;)

daytona355, JerseyBland and Afonsolaw like this.
  17. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    They are Savini DM14...factory center caps being installed this week...thx!!

DrewH likes this.
  18. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Lol said like a true Texan! (I spent 5 yrs in dallas and 4 in San Antonio)

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. rajagopalan_Kg

Apr 18, 2016
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Raj G
    Congrats on your purchase! About 6 months into my 360 purchase and I still have the stupid grin on my face every time I see her in the garage :)

Enjoy your beautiful car in good health!

JerseyBland likes this.
  20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I don't know about prices in the US, but as a fellow 430 Spider owner...you did great. The best thing is to buy a car you love and will continue to love. I'm taking mine out this week end (a sunny holiday weekend here) and I'm as excited as I was when I was a single figures boy looking forward to looking at cars at a motor show the next day. And you have a son to enjoy it with - none of that can be quantified in monetary terms.

But if you have to...you paid a third of list price of a new 488 Spider, with somewhere between 75 and 129 per cent of the fun (depending on your preferences) and a fraction of the deprecation. Are there more fun convertible cars out there of the same style for the price you paid? You did very well. Have fun.

21. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Well said, thank you for the clarity of thought...guess there were a lot of reasons that made this a great buy!

Enjoy your weekend, my girl is the shop having Ferrari center caps put on the wheels and the factory sub replaced. So I will have to distract myself and dream of the next time I can take her out

22. Mklempa777

Mklempa777 Rookie

Sep 29, 2013
    Plano Tx
    Congrats! Based on your description, I was the last previous owner as just flipped the car for another Ferrari and it was well taken care of at Boardwalk Ferrari.

JerseyBland and daytona355 like this.
  23. Gialllo uno

Gialllo uno Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2014
    Reisterstown, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Porsches are DADS........A "Dime a Dozen", It is nice to own a car that does not go down in value, but who can measure the pleasure that you get owning a Ferrari. If you want an investment........just open your 401k statement or brokerage account statement each month............sometimes good, but not quite the same as when you are hitting 8,000 + in your Ferarri. I bought a F355 F1 with blinders on and got lucky. I think I was so captivated at the sound and quite frankly the overall experience. Trust me when I say I imagineyou are the coolest Dad around......just dont let the son drive it!!!!!

24. dbfitz

dbfitz Rookie

Jun 1, 2012
    Arlington VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis F
    Having purchased a Ferrari or two, I have come to realize this. The cure for worrying about whether or not you got a good deal is simple and does not require a prescription. Get in the car and drive it. All doubts are erased.

(BTW my garage houses an '08 spider. And other oddments.)

JerseyBland likes this.
  25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Great advice! I’m happy to report I’ve wasted more money than most on cars, and had toooooo much fun it gave me three heart attacks, and was sooo worth every moment!

JerseyBland likes this.