MY 488 PISTA SPEC | FerrariChat

MY 488 PISTA SPEC

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by chinojp3, May 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Spider68 likes this.
  3. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Just my opinion, std black calipers as they are matt. Remove red from the underdash as its only on one side. And I don't like the stripes ( on any car ). We know its a PISTA.

4. will89

will89 Karting

Dec 29, 2013
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Will
    I was told you cannot specc stripes on blanco colours, has this changed?

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Very nice. But I would do without the stripes.

6. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    The red calipers tie in perfectly with the seats, I would not change them to yellow. The white and black is a good combo but then that is what my new car is so I am biased. Looks good with or without stripes.

7. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Nice spec! I would add red pin stripes on the exterior of the black stripes.

8. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    Agree with Nelson

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk Pro

9. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    elmadi likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Do not get rid of the stripes! They look great. I like the seats in the first post and change the tach from yellow to black. Congrats! Stunning car!

11. ffchkgrich

ffchkgrich Rookie

Mar 6, 2017
    HONG KONG
    Full Name:
    RICH FU
    I checked Hong Kong dealer, seems they only offer Pista to certain customers who own at least two Ferrari, I can not order it as I just got one Ferrari 488GTB.

12. QueueCumber

QueueCumber Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    I'd go with black seats (with white accents, if possible) instead of red personally. Not a fan of red seats. White exterior with black interor just does it for me. Makes the white pop even more, and with those black accents on the exterior, it would look really good. The red calipers and ferrari logos will pop even more in a good way with the rest of the car being more monotone.

I guess as long as it isn't yellow exterior with red seats ("McDonald's themed"), it's not the end of the world.

13. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    #14 QueueCumber, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    BTW, I personally wouldn't paint the calipers yellow. The yellow Ferrari logos (on the side of car and on wheels) will pop less. The red calipers look much better being a closer match for the tail lights and side-lights, IMO (creates a perfect balance throughout the car of colored accents, IMO). The Ferrari logos (on side of car and on wheels) are small enough that the yellow doesn't conflict with other accents of the car, but the calipers are large enough to look awkward when other large accents, like the tail lights, are red.

You could always paint them white or black, but I think red works best with more monotone base colors because of the tail lights...

14. QueueCumber

Jul 9, 2015
    CT
    Full Name:
    QC
    #15 QueueCumber, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    I'd also do white or black instead of yellow on the dashboard dial. Same reason. The Ferrari logo on the wheel doesn't pop now. It loses its visual impact with the yellow dial above it. Black will make it pop the most, which is what I would do.

Of course, it's your car. Just because Ferrari puts the options there, doesn't mean they should or need to be used.

Just my 2c.

P.S. I do love the white with black stripes on the exterior... Black seats would make the look even stronger. Right now, for me at least, the red seats distract from the exterior aesthetic.

15. Mattyghee

Mattyghee Rookie

Jun 6, 2017
    OMG - INSANE.

Would backflip seeing this in person.

16. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    wow : white, black, yellow, red :confused: too many colours

17. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    I think the Pista is hard to spec as it's so aggressive and so much is going on
    looks better without the stripes imo

18. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    The stripes are a matter of taste. Personally I like them on the hood but definitely not on the bumper. Too much going on there. Red calipers tie in with the interior.

19. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Another color combo to consider-

White exterior as you have it with yellow calipers.

Black interior-

Yellow tach and yellow stripe in middle of seat.

Very subtle but ties in the yellow nicely.

20. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    I would delete stripes. Not option yellow tach or shields. Silver wheels, callipers, CF centre caps. Interior matte CF, black Alcantara, Exterior Blu Pozzi.