Sold - 1991 Lamborghini Diablo | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sold 1991 Lamborghini Diablo

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Scaledetails, Feb 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    A 12 cylinder, handmade, low production, Italian car, which was one of, if not the fastest cars in the world at the time it was launched, and also happens to be one of the most stunning cars ever designed, by none other than Marcello Gandini for $150k. Plus all the Lamborghini heritage to boot! If the Diablo isn’t the bargain of the exotic car market I don’t know what is...best of luck on your sale. I’m glad all the confusion was finally worked out.

2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Never driven a diablo. My heart is with ferrari but this intrigues me: how this drives compared to a testarossa? Is it good in the twisties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Tbuff and Jam1 you are both wrong; fchat rules prevents speaking about prices unless requested by the seller on an add.
    U can be suspended for that.
    Don’t get me wrong i hear what u are saying but u should give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one4torque likes this.
  4. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #54 ylshih, May 2, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
    Let's be clear about what the rules in the classified ad section really are rather than the ad lib above.

The rules do not allow users to express a negative opinion on the asking price of a car relative to the user's opinion of the market. Nor do the rules allow users to express an opinion on whether a seller's gain or profit is "inappropriate" or "unfair". Nor any other negative opinion on how a seller chooses to conduct his sale.

The rules do allow users to note that the car in the ad was listed for sale at $136,888 prior to the current sale, which is a fact relating to the specific car. The rules do allow a user to convey first hand knowledge of a conversation with the seller that "the car is a keeper". The rules do allow users to ask what work was done to the car since owned, and even how much the work cost. The rules do not require the seller to answer any questions asked, provide motivations for sale, etc; and they certainly do not allow users to badger the seller for choosing not to answer.

JAM1 banned from the thread for 7 days for providing factually incorrect information ($130K) before providing a link to a more accurate previous listing price of $136,888. The incorrect information inflated the price differential and was then used to badger the seller and provide unwarranted opinion about what the seller ought to do to justify his selling price.

Now that it's been explained what is and is not permitted, any further infractions will result in additional thread or site bans.

5. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Thanks. I agree with you 100%.
    About this thread, it was certainly not my intention to create this mess, after all we are all car guys with a strong passion. At the end of the day it is just a car for sale, not the "Mona Lisa", which, happens to be the nick name I gave her. LOL.

My heart is with Ferrari as well. Having owned 5 Testarossas, there are many similarities with the Diablo, both coming from the same "era". The Diablo is extremely comfortable to drive like the TR, made for long trips and going straight very fast. I have taken many long trips with both and find them equally capable, even in hot traffic. The twisties however are a little tricky, the Diablo is much harder to tame, having so much more power and torque, which explains why they eventually added the VT feature on later cars. I suspect many early cars ended up in Italian roadside ditches. LOL. I still prefer the 2WD version being simpler and lighter. I just never had the guts to push it to the limits, not my thing, in fact, I drive the Diablo like my grandfather did, slow and carefully.
    As for service, they are similar being both 12 cylinder beasts. The only difference in price would be the Diablo's clutch, otherwise routine repairs and maintenance costs are relatively the same over the course of ownership. I also found that both cars are equally durable and reliable. I have seen more than a few with over 150K miles, which speaks a lot about the way they were designed and built. One flaw the TR eventually showed us was the differential, whereas the Diablo didn't have that problem.
    One department the Diablo wins over the TR is how much attention and respect it gets. I still find it amazing how people react to it 27 years later, as if it was still a new car no one has ever seen. Compared to the newer Lamborghinis any Diablo is simply a camera magnet, and deservedly so in my opinion.

6. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Glad we got this sorted out. Stuff happens, and my intentions weren't to discredit you in any way. If you are ever up in north in Canada will buy you dinner.

Besides, no such thing as bad publicity right?

Yassa and jjmalez like this.
  7. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    That is so true!
    I will take you up on that, deal!! Thanks ;)

mrp_e likes this.
  8. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I bought our red 91 Diablo from Stephane few years ago right here off fchat. Not the near perfect specimen he’s selling now, but with two coast to coast sprints under her belt and just minor services she’s been an epic experience. Should be worth at least 1/4 if not half an F40. Same era, similar crazy looks, similar production numbers.. what do I know. Until then, grab one while they’re this cheap. Love the TR, very much, but not in same leage in my opinion...

9. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Nice to hear from you Bill. Glad you are driving it like it should be driven , these cars are made for that, not for the museums. ;)
    Thanks for the nice comments!

mrp_e likes this.
  10. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    What is the current asking price for this car please?

11. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    $150K

one4torque likes this.
  12. Allcollectorcars

Jul 14, 2018
    PA
    Full Name:
    Dylan Stahl
  13. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    probably one of the lowest prices for a nice early diablo

14. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Everything is negotiable ;)

one4torque likes this.
  15. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

That's what I thought too. I can't believe I still have it for sale.

one4torque likes this.
  16. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    OK, here it is:

New price. $142K.

mrp_e likes this.
  17. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Love the Testarossa, but its not in the same league as the Diablo. Also, where the Diablo excells over the TR is in timing belt services.

mrp_e likes this.
  18. 5859

5859 Rookie

Apr 5, 2020
    Full Name:
    Hess
    Long shot, but is this still available? Doesn't show as sold. Thanks

19. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Boy, sounds like a great deal on a very good car being sold by a solid guy. A 12-cylinder beast...

Scaledetails likes this.
  20. mrp_e

mrp_e Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2003
    Coasts
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Geeeeez, this is ridiculous. The most complete mint 91 Diablo ever seen. Nicer than the white one on BAT recently, I think. Jealous of the owner to be.

Scaledetails likes this.
  21. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Fairly certain this thing sold Sept 2018

Scaledetails and mrp_e like this.
  22. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Yes, sold a good while ago.

mrp_e likes this.
  23. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Scaledetails, Boomhauer and mrp_e like this.
  24. topcarbon

topcarbon F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2006
    I have never seen ‘01 wheels on a roadster
    Sharp

mrp_e likes this.
  25. Sledge4.2

Sledge4.2 F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2007
    Marin
    Full Name: