New 360 owner | FerrariChat

New 360 owner

Discussion in '360/430' started by YorkieMark, Apr 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. YorkieMark

YorkieMark Rookie

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark Lewis
    Dear All

My first post! I previously had a 328GTS, which I very cleverly sold at the bottom of the market! I have been kicking myself ever since and decided that the best way to get over it was to get back in to these beautiful cars.

After reading a lot (including many of the users' posts on this forum - many thanks), I plumped for a beautiful 360 spider F1, Argento Nurburgring, with Nero Daytona seats, sports exhaust, challenge rear grill, wing shields and matching yellow brake callipers. I think it looks wonderful and have uploaded a few pictures of its arrival!

I have had it 2 weeks now and have done 400 miles!

The 328 used to make all sorts of noises and had loads of quirks which took me ages to get used to and I suppose the same thing will be true of the 360. I have searched for most of them on here and found the reassurances I was after, but there are a couple of things I'd like to check if that is ok?

The F1 pump kicks in as it should do when I open the door. It lasts for <10 seconds from cold which I guess is fine. Then when I turn the key to position 2 all the lights come on and the "check OK" lights up - great! But a new pump noise starts and carries on until I start the car (might still be on afterwards but the noise, oh the noise - I can't hear anything above it!). Is this just the fuel pump? It sounds to be coming from in front of the passenger side (Left).

Oil pressure - first few drives were fine, but yesterday I noticed it was up at 140 psi ! I wasn't driving hard and the car was warmed up. I slowed and it did drop a bit but then fluctuated fairly randomly between 70 and 140 psi! Slightly alarming. From reading on here I am guessing this might be a sensor issue?

Beep - beep - every 3 mins whether driving or stopped with engine on, a faint double beep. Much quieter than the reversing beep or any other beep. No idea what it is.

Few minor paintwork issues such as on the drivers side wing mirror back plate, there is some bubbling up of the aluminium and the same on the expansion tank (see pics), but if I can find the right paint type, they are easily fixed.

Thanks for reading and for any thoughts!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ninzi and whatheheck like this.
  2. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Congrats, that's a beauty!

I'm interested in any recommendations also, as I'm picking up my first 360 in a couple weeks.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Very nice! Congrats! The oil pressure senders on these cars are pure crap.

whatheheck likes this.
  4. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Beautiful car! Concur on the oil pressure sender. Beeps might be telling you trunk is not latched. Or top is not fully open or closed.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Congrats Mark! She's a beauty!

Everything you mentioned is fairly normal.

Plenty of information here on what to watch out for and do's and donts.

Here are some:

Quickly learn how to drive an F1 transmission to prolong the life of the clutch. Clutch replacement is not cheap.....
    Read the owners manual to fully enjoy all the features of your car and how to drive and maintain it.
    Follow the maintenance procedure.
    NEVER jump start a dead battery. Replace battery every 3.5 years preventively.
    Have your exhaust manifolds inspected. If they are still original they may be cracking by now which can be ingested by the engine.....
    If you smell fuel in the engine bay DONT DRIVE THE CAR. Fire risk. Most likely the fuel pumps are cracked, leaking and will need replacing.

That's good enough for now. Lots more info here so enjoy reading them.

Enjoy the car!

Dan

billy.gif likes this.
  6. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Welcome to the "360" club. Love the color combination. Stunning.

7. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Congratulations! Nice looking ride!

8. Chiaroman

Chiaroman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 21, 2004
    New Jersey
    Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Beautiful car in a great color.

9. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Welcome. Lovely car.

10. YorkieMark

YorkieMark Rookie

Apr 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark Lewis
    Well, just to update things! It is not going too well! After about 3 weeks, I started the car one morning and I disappeared in a cloud of blue/white smoke. Oil had got into the air intake.

Warmed the car up and it appeared to be overfilled, but in addition the oil was very foamy. One garage says it was overfilled the garage that did the service (unsurprisingly) says it wasn't. They did put 10w/60 in which is non-spec, but they are sure that is not the problem. They think it is drawing air in somehow and bubbling up and back into the air intakes.

It is now back with them to sort out!