Sold - 1991 Lamborghini Diablo | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 1991 Lamborghini Diablo

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by Scaledetails, Feb 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

Thanks. Sorry I thought uncle Sam got a piece of it despite going to the state. Same difference to me ;)

phrogs likes this.
  2. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    150? Roy had it for sale for 135 iirc.

What work was done btw?

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #28 Scaledetails, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018

I'm trying to sell a car, if you don't like what you are reading, move on. I know what I paid for the car, and I know what I have. I am also not interested in reversing the market or be influenced in doing so. Any serious party should PM or call at the very least, but not challenge what I am posting. I think I know what I am doing, thank you.

4. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    This was for "tbuff", sorry:
    I'm trying to sell a car, if you don't like what you are reading, move on. I know what I paid for the car, and I know what I have. I am also not interested in reversing the market or be influenced in doing so. Any serious party should PM or call at the very least, but not challenge what I am posting. I think I know what I am doing, thank you "tbuff".

galt likes this.
  5. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Calm down dude. I was interested and asked a question. Heaven forbid!

Good luck selling.

6. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I know what a "real" interested buyer is, thank you. And I am quite calm. ;)

one4torque likes this.
  7. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Car was listed on Roys site for $136k obo, but whatever. Good luck with the flip buddy.

8. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Clearly you dont. You just alienated two of us. And your responses would suggest anything but calm.

All I did was ask two questions. No chance im gonna pursue this further

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    The seller is always free to ask what he or she wants and make as much profit as the market will bear, but being deceptive in the process is not going to hold that seller in good stead with his potential customers.

10. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    #35 Scaledetails, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018

Still trying to figure out the "deception" part, but that's OK. Price just went up to $175K. I'm all about profit from now on. Welcome to my new world.

11. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Wrong again. Not sure what game you are playing but I am actually enjoying it now.

12. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    • Insulting other users (and potential customers) may result in a ban. Tread lightly...

Based on your previous comments I sense you couldn't afford a new microwave. I'm not worried I lost a sale here.

97 Spider likes this.
  13. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I think I found the issue here. If it is post #13, I didn't say that I paid $150K, I said if you make a $150K purchase at 8.1% you do the math, simply implying how much sales tax is involved on a large purchase. I rarely disclose what I pay for my cars because it is nobody's business, sorry if this post was misunderstood. On the flip side, I am entitled to ask whatever I want, regardless of what I paid. I was asking market value. End of story.

14. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    How could you tell that? All I wanted to know is what was done to the car in the past year.

Boomhauer likes this.
  15. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Post #7. Is that how you wanted to know about the car? Insinuating I'm unloading the car after 5 months when I've had it over a year? What was that about? I can't stand people that make their own assumptions. What if I had a son that needed treatment for cancer? What if I needed the cash to save my mom's house? I posted the car for sale, not interested in anything beyond that, only the car matters, and I will answer serious buyers questions about the car. My personal life has nothing to do with it.

galt likes this.
  16. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I get that. I trade cars frequently and I never understood the relevance of the question “Why are you selling?”, it’s really none of their business. The only salient issues are the value of the car, whether the car is as described and whether or not the person wants to buy the car, not the reason for the sale.

DetroitDetomaso and galt like this.
  17. tbuff

tbuff Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    I think you misinterpreted my post. I had asked you last year in a PM that if you ever wanted to sell it to contact me first. And you said nope its a keeper. I can dig up the PM. The date mightve been off by a few months. My apologies if it was.

You are free to ask whatever you like. And are free to put it on the market too.

Good luck selling.

Boomhauer likes this.
  18. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    I understand, but then why didn't you PM me again? It would have made more sense, and I would have remembered you if you indeed contacted me last year about this Diablo. But when I see questions like that out in the open it shows me other motives. Sorry if I took it this way, this is why PM's are the best way to communicate when looking to buy a car on this forum. It has worked for me on numerous occasions. In fact, I don't think I would even post anything out of fear someone else sees it and buys the car before me, I always get scared when I see more posts on a car I am interested in. Just my opinion.
    As to the reasons, I think I stated them in my first post, I am blessed to have "too many" cars and I really don't drive this one often enough, plus my business could use some cash as well. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this Diablo, and I am not unloading it because it has issues or to make a profit. I welcome inspections if needed, the car is straight and solid. Thanks for the comments everyone.

19. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I hesitate to post because I see you're changing your tone and I don't want to appear overly pedantic, but I don't appreciate you claiming I am "wrong again" for posting the car was offered by Roy at $136k. I was interested in the car when he had it and immediately recognized the unique attributes (mirrors, lack of a wing) and "higher" miles when I saw your listing. I also checked my old saved links and even notes because I had looked at the same car. Here is a link showing your car originally listed for the price I stated.

It would still be nice to see what work was done on the car over your ownership, but it's up to you if you want to post any of that.

20. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i heard a rumor lamborghini made a profit on this car also

21. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Of course I have to believe that now and thanks for posting it, but I assure you at the time I inquired about the car with Roy it had been dropped to $140, or 139,900 (From an initial asking of $150). Reason I know this is because that was my max budget (140) . I wish I had seen that 136,888 price which would have given me a little more negotiating power and believe me, there wasn't much of it there. Too late now. LOL. As it turns out, I bought a great car from a great reputable guy, and there is no regret whatsoever. The reason I bought that car is because I knew who represented it and the fact that the last major was done in 2015, that was a big plus.
    Going back to what I have in it with taxes and work done there is no profit even If I got my full asking of $150K, but I am not complaining, nor trying to recoup a loss, you can't buy what these cars do for you, there is no cash value there. I've owned 6 of them and I will die a very happy man.
    Over the last 12 months I have done the usual stuff Diablos require, which include:

Alternator rebuild (common for early Diablos, they fail regularly, inevitable expense)
    Battery (do at same time as alternator)
    Clutch slave cylinder (common weakness on early Diablos, they are prone to leak).
    Oil changes
    Exhaust replacement with LOC unit. Must do if you own an Early Diablo, rear muffler is useless, designed to be a crumpler zone, heavy, totally useless large metal box. LOC unit makes Diablo breathe better, sound better, lighter, and more HP. It does trigger sensors/CEL lights but who cares.

In my opinion, other than the annual oil changes this car will need nothing for the next 5+ years. I would not hesitate driving it across the US, rain and all. Someone called and inquired about rust. I don't think there is anything that can rust on this car, it is mostly carbon kevlar and aluminum with a steel roof, super cool piece of artwork.

nickmb likes this.
  22. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Stephane has always been an asset to F-chat. With the exception of hogging all the Ferrari Mondials, I cant say a bad word about him. Perhaps some miscommunication on this thread.

IMHO

Joe

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  23. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Thanks for the rational response and explanation of service done under your ownership.

24. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Very kind of you Joe. Sorry about the Mondials ;)

My pleasure. Sorry again for being rude, I must have been on my period again.
    I should point out that of the work done under my ownership, none of it was done by me, I couldn't even change a light bulb. LOL. I did however replace the tool kit leather straps and Gandini badge as they were showing some age, and I like the Diablo to look good in places you don't really look.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk