Workshop Manual for F430 | FerrariChat

Workshop Manual for F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Apr 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Since the Ferrari Database website is no longer up and running I just want to share there are sellers in eBay selling the workshop manual on a CD for $12.00.

Its worth every penny as there's so much valuable info there especially for people like me that like to do DIY upgrades to their cars, like how to remove door speakers, center console, etc.

I just purchased one for my Spider and the whole CD contains: Oil change procedure, Recall information, Factory Options, System Diagnostics, Parts Catalog, Technical Specs, Service Schedule, Parts Breakdown, etc. Worth every penny.

Note:
    I have no affiliation to the seller and I wont provide a direct link to it so as not to annoy the moderators.
    Search in Fleabay for "Ferrari F430 Workshop, Parts and Owners Manuals". I believe the seller is from Florida. Below is a photo of the CD.

Just thought I'd share.
    Hope that helps some of you.

Dan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

KBR54 likes this.
  2. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I bought the same one. Very handy.

whatheheck likes this.
  3. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Thank you

whatheheck likes this.
  4. bzubi

bzubi Karting

May 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Full Name:
    Bashar Zubi
    Thank you for sharing; just bought one from Fleabay

whatheheck likes this.
  5. rslee

rslee Rookie

Jan 30, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Roland Slee
    Is it just for the Spyder or also the Coupe? I cannot find any equivalent offer on eBay for the Coupe versions of the F430. Thanks,

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    There is one for the coupe but the sellers are asking $200.00 for the CD...........

You can buy the Spider version as its basically the same except for the additional roof top part.

Dan

rslee likes this.
  7. nessus-gte

nessus-gte Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I bought this same CD from the same seller in Florida. I have had has some disappointments with it.

While researching F1 Actuator removal I realized F1 Gearbox sections D.603 through D.606 are blank pages that only show the words 'BEING PREPARED' (images below).

I am still looking for those sections. I am curious if you see those sections in yours.

kestrou likes this.
  8. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    My version which looks like the same type of screen dump as yours is also missing them amongst others - can't see any date or rev info - file size = 196502 kb

whatheheck likes this.
  9. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    All these knockoffs are from the earliest shop manual, which were indeed pending many sections and pages, as were the 360 and other manuals. Best of my knowledge that info MIGHT be accessible in dealerships by now.

whatheheck likes this.
  10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Yes, mine is missing those pages too.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve

12. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    There's a Coupe version in eBay for $200.00. Perhaps that one is the latest revision and contains a complete version if someone is willing to give it a try.

Again, for $12 this one exceeded my expectations and is all I personally need as the major repairs I just take it to the dealer (beyond my capability.)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

13. nessus-gte

nessus-gte Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Absolutely. It is an awesome resource for $12. I have sent messages to various eBay sellers to confirm if their version of the manual has these missing pages. I'll report back if I get a hit.

whatheheck likes this.
  14. Falcon7x

Falcon7x Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2012
    Flight Level 450
    Full Name:
    Stew
    The real Ferrari manual includes both the coupe and spider and the electrical manual.

whatheheck likes this.
  15. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Man, here I am giving it away for free when I could have been making money.

XLNLIFE likes this.
  16. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    Hello Whattheheck and everyone else:

Here's what I have found, after going through every page of the one I have I have found that here are all the sections which are missing as they say, "being prepared" Please see my 2 attachments to see all the missing sections as I have covered them all! Image Unavailable, Please Login

If anyone knows of a manual that is complete with all these sections covered I would certainly like to know about it, even if it's $200.00 it would be worth it if it has everything!

Thanks everyone,

johnfe

whatheheck likes this.
  17. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    DM me

18. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for compiling the list of missing sections John.

I too am willing to share the cost if someone knows of a complete service manual that's available out there.

Dan

19. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
  20. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    Dan:

If I have too I'm planning on going to the Ferrari Technical website and downloading the missing information if they confirm first it's on their website. The only problem with their website is you can only download a single page of information at a time. Perhaps if we could share the cost, it might be worth it. Please consider sending me a PM to learn more if you are interested.

Thanks,

johnfe

21. nessus-gte

nessus-gte Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles
    PMed!

22. johnfe

johnfe Karting

Dec 22, 2016
    SoCal Usa
    Full Name:
    John F Edwards
    Dan:
    So just how do I get to the PM section on this new forum? That's why I haven't responded as of yet.

Thanks,

johnfe

flash32 likes this.
  23. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    #23 whatheheck, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    Hi John,

Somehow FChat changed it from PM/Private Message to now "Conversations"
    Go to the top right of the page, click on your handle name, there will be a pop up page, select "Conversations"

If you want to PM a member, click on their handle name and select "start a conversation".

For me, Workshop manual is only nice to have as anything that requires more than simple modifications I just take it to the dealer or my Indi mechanic.
    Ever since I had right knee replacement surgery 5 months ago the movement of my knees are now limited and still hurts like hell....still recovering.
    And soon I will have to deal with the left knee too....

Im still willing to chip in and if we can have enough people join in it will be cheap for everybody and benefit everybody.

Dan

Flea7 likes this.
  24. ilappassionatodicavallino

Nov 2, 2016
    Texas
    I have several copies of the information on the CD. As others have stated, all of them are missing the information listed by johnfe (thanks, man; that is very helpful). I'm willing to chip in for the complete manual, as well.

Manda racing and whatheheck like this.
  25. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I'm in the same boat and would like to have a full copy. Count me in!