Vettel’s 2019 teammate | FerrariChat

Vettel’s 2019 teammate

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Apr 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Who would you pick?

1. Bottas

2. Kimi

3. Leclerc

4. Ricciardo

5. Other at the end of their contract (please specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    These the main contenders imo.

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I still like Kimi...

Just replace all of the Ferrari strategists...

Robb

Makuono, Finlander, stavura and 2 others like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Kimi is the perfect team mate, ferrari really need to steal Some new strategists so that they actually support Kimi as much as Vettel, even if the overall bias is sensibly towards the four times world champ, driver paid five times the fee vettel. If they hire a new driver, unless Vettel is going somewhere, why buy in ricci or anyone else - the team can’t cope with that situation with Kimi being as docile as a new puppy, a driver with any ambition will blow the team apart! Better to bring in Charles, train him, manipulate him however you want as he’ll be grateful of the opportunity, and will likely be more happy to wait for his chance at a title tilt.

Robb, stavura, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    I think Kimi will stay.

5. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Lewis! Then finally we can have harmony on this forum :D

A348W, thirteendog, trumpet77 and 2 others like this.
  6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Kimi is doing fantastic this season. If he wants to stay I can't see a reason not keeping him on. Get the strategists to pull their finger out so he can actually be a mobile chicane where it matters (and be open with him about it). Holding up Elton/Bottas on ruined tires is not very effective at all.

I love Danny Ric but I just can't see it working out with him and Vettel. I don't think there's much difference between the two, and Ricciardo is far too hungry to start playing 2nd fiddle. He won't sign for a single year, he's not stupid.

Ferrari keeping Kimi on for another year, as they have the luxury with him for that (age, end of career type thing) keeps their options well and truly open to either get Leclerc in for 2020/21 or indeed exercise their option on Ricciardo, or a matured Verstappen.

daytona355 and NEP like this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Danny Rich for 2019.

If not, keep Kimi.

375+ likes this.
  8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Kimi, but if they decide to retire him ,then Ricci please.

9. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I´d pick Ricciardo, but probably he´s too expensive. Keep Raikkonen at a reduced wage for another year and let´s see how this Leclerc does.

10. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Even though I'm a big Ric fan, I've gone for Kimi as he is still doing really despite the unfair treatment he's getting.

I was also very impressed by Leclerc over the weekend and I can see him in the Ferrari seat sooner rather than later.

And in regards to the Lewis post earlier..... Please NO!

NEP, daytona355 and Robb like this.
  11. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    I would sooner replace Vettel with Riccardo than replace Kimi with anyone else.

SPEEDCORE likes this.
  12. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I’ll be going on a sebatical from Ferrari if Lewis comes anywhere near...

Robb

RWP137, stavura, Bas and 1 other person like this.
  13. PDX_214

PDX_214 Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    J
    I'm a Ferrari fan first before any drivers, but if they ever picked up Lewis I'd never tell anyone I was until he was gone.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Me too.

And what about the combination Ricci-Bottles?

15. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    There's no question the answer should be Leclerc. Vettel will move on in another year or 2. Ferrari needs a future driver to nurture.

If it isn't Leclerc then they should stay with Kimi one more year.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I wouldn't want to be making a decision quite yet but otherwise I agree absolutely. Leclerc did a stellar job in Baku and if he carries on like that it would be madness to let him go anywhere else.

Jonathan

17. YorkieV12

YorkieV12 Karting

May 23, 2014
    I don't think any driver of worth is going to play second fiddle to Vettel......even though he is a 4 x Champion. That's history, and the future is the next race. Until Ferrari change their obvious preference strategy, then nothing will change.
    Give Kimi equal back-up through this year and see who comes up with the points.........I'd bet on Kimi for sure. There again, Kimi might have had enough anyway by the end of the year.
    With a bit of cash in the bank......just take it easy.......do some sponsorship like all the racers from the past.
    Why stay on to mix it with the young guns..?

18. gf1red

gf1red Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Staten Island N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Mike G.
    Leave Kimi at Ferrari he knows what he's doing.

19. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Leclerc would.

daytona355 and tifoso2728 like this.
  20. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Using that logic, Ricciardo will not be going to Ferrari then.

21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Kimi is best for Ferrari's second seat. IF in fact they would replace him for 2019 I wonder if Bottas would be the best fit, similar Finnish temperament and perhaps bring some Mercedes info with him. Rici would be fine if the previous two don't work out.

Isobel and daytona355 like this.
  22. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Keep Kimi. I think it’s too soon to pull the trigger on Leclerc, and I think it’s usually better to grab someone who may be able to advise new employers who shows promise among the technical side to snag them too. Everyone likes Kimi, he adds to the Ferrari mystique and he also know the score, he has no chance of winning a race if Seb is still running. Taking a gargantuan cheque to be humiliated every race day is a great gig, especially if no one else has you on the radar.

NEP, daytona355, furoni and 1 other person like this.
  23. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Exactly.

Kimi is - until further notice - Ferrari's last World Champion.

TurboFreak650, NEP, SPEEDCORE and 2 others like this.
  24. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    Kimi is resurgent this year and driving great. I'd like to see him end his career on a high note, but no matter how well he's driving he's close to the end. The Honey Badger is young, very very fast and hand down the best overtaker on the grid. They'd be foolish to let him go and end up at Merc where he and LCH could be an unstoppable Force. Ferrari need to embrace the concept of two top drivers at the top of their game and stop trying to pander to a single prima donna (no offence meant to Seb with that remark) with a solidly defined 2nd driver. They need to concentrate on not just scoring points, but stopping others scoring them. Kimi has stepped up this year, but for the last few there were too many times he was too far off the pace compared to Seb meaning that one or both of the Mercs were ahead of him, even if they were behind Seb.

25. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    I agree with you that Leclerc is the future.

However, I don't see it happen that soon (at least not before the 2021 season). If you look at the age of Ferrari's recruits since 1990, it's clear that Ferrari has a preference for slightly "older" drivers. Their youngest recruit since 1990 was Gianni Morbidelli, who was nearly 24 years old when he "joined" the Scuderia for the 1991 Australian Grand Prix.