Last movie you saw | Page 260 | FerrariChat

Last movie you saw

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PrettyBoy, Jun 21, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Annihilation : What a pos. First the Shimmer looks like soap. Second, the pace is soo slow you dont feel tension or suspens at all. Finally, the end is just so stupid.

2. jefffromcanada

jefffromcanada Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2006
    Alberta
    A Quiet Place

Great movie, a think it is a must see in the theater.

Saw Rampage and Lara Croft as well. Both popcorn type movies, don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. LC could've been so much better but the actress that plays LC is smokin hot, and in crazy good shape. Rampage was exactly what I would've expected from a human vs large monster type movie. It had some funny bits and I like the Rock as an actor...very charismatic.

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Although Blade Runner takes place in "future LA," it is actually based on modern day Oakland. :) Neon lights, pollution, hookers, and crime.

4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I watched "13 Days" a few days ago. It's my favorite Kevin Costner movie even though his attempt at a New England accent is comical! I lived through the Cuban Missle crisis while living in DC, so it hits home.

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Texas Forever likes this.
  6. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    Watched The Square, and running with the crappola theme, this one fits right in with the others. I'd like my 2 1/2 hours back.

7. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great movie. Shot in San Antonio, Texas.
    T

8. WilliG

WilliG Rookie

Apr 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Williams Wittiet
    Ready Player One - 8/10
    Rather enjoyed this a lot, so much going on in the background with references and so on.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    15 - 17 to Paris.

The Clint Eastwood movie about the terrorist attack in the Thalys train from Germany to Paris where 3 young Americans and one French American saved many many lives. It was very good. Acting was not good bc the actors are the actual heros but it made it all the better actually.

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Saw "The Dark Tower" on the airplane

Gee just what I want to see on a plane -- kids being tortured to destroy the universe. Really bad movie. Does Mathew McConaughey have any acting range at all? He's either bored with himself or bored with everything

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    It's really nothing like the books, which were great.

12. sverduzco

sverduzco Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    john wick 2 too much killingmade it seem unrealistic. i liked the gunplay and story. looking forward to jw3...

13. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    MM doesn't put out his best effort unless he gets to take his shirt off.

14. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Charlie Wilson's War.

I watch this every few years, and it keeps getting better with each viewing.

A sample: (NWS)

15. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I’ve never seen the movie, but anything about a coke head is not high on my list.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I've seen it. Its interesting but not one of Tom Hanks great movies.

However this movie would shock the #MeToo generation!

Texas Forever likes this.
  17. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Inspired by true events, Entebbe, directed by award-winning filmmaker José Padilha (Elite Squad), centers around the 1976 hijacking of Air France Flight 139 en route from Tel Aviv to Paris, and the daring rescue mission that followed. With only a week to comply with the terrorists’ ultimatums, Israel must make the critical decision: negotiate or launch a seemingly impossible rescue attempt. Starring Rosamund Pike, Daniel Brühl and Eddie Marsan, Entebbe spotlights the harrowing human story behind the global crisis that changed history.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

In my opinion the film is pretty good in the whole. A neutral film that chronicles the events of that time (1976).
    The editing is perfect with a scene that I found excellent.
    The music is perfect, the dance scenes are at the top, especially the last one. that I relish.

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Ready Player One was really entertaining. There were tons of pop culture references that I'm sure I didn't even pick up on 80% of them like subtle ads/art painted on sides of industrial buildings I found out after watching.

Black Panther was entertaining, but Marvel is getting pretty boring. Same old story line...superhero vs supervillian leads up to big battle and then hero wins. Yawn.

Pacific Rim Uprising was not that good. I liked the first with its ridiculous fights, but this was same old and not as well done.

19. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    Under respectable outside, the International Bank of Business and Credit is a multinational finance company specializing in money laundering and the financing of illegal operations. In front of her, Louis Salinger, Interpol agent, and Eleanor Whitman, assistant prosecutor

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I saw Black Panther today....

Ok, what was all the "hub bub" about? It seems like a rather weak Marvel creation. And the CGI hippos were SO FAKE it was laughable.

It seems like me the writers work so hard to try to draw them all together somehow into "The Avengers". This tie was "vibratiam" which as about a convoluted an idea as I've ever heard of.

Not impressed.

21. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    I agree it was repetitive to other storylines and the Vibranium/rare item is nothing new. It's really no diffierent than Avatar's "unobtanium" or other movies rare metals with magical qualities. I'm pretty certain all of those are based on the dream of a room temperature superconductor, which would allow things to float (like the mountains in Avatar, monorails in Wakanda, and hoverboards like in Back to the Future).

22. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
  23. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Tried to watch Father Figures last night, with Owen Wilson. Appalling to say the least! Of course, the trailer makes it look funny and appealing. I ended it at the bathroom scene.

Quote from a Rotten Tomatoes reviewer, "Would you like to watch Wilson and a young child urinate on each other in a rest stop bathroom? Thought not."

24. Jedi

Jedi Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 18, 2008
    Seattle Area
    Full Name:
    Dave
    "A Quite Place"

What an absolute piece of crap!! OMFG!!

Predictable, annoying, and stupid.

Jedi

25. I.T. Guy