Testarossa Price Trends | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    For the most part, everybody here on this forum tries to be helpful to others and they respectfully enjoy both the cars and the input of other forum members.

Then a newbie comes along in Dec’17, posts some 49 or so messages which are primarily designed to troll and outright insult some very respected members of this community.

Now, you threaten to ban long time, subscribed members over this guy?

I would ask of you the same question you posed to the subscribed members - but I will not show you the same disrespect you have shown the longtime members of this community. I’ve been here since about 1997.... do you really want to ban me, and others over a non-paid troll?

I suggest that a permanent ban after post #503 would be a more appropriate action.

Respectfully,
    Vincenzo

2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    +1

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  3. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Ve
    Very well put. It is a matter of taste at the end of the day. I applaud you for USING your cars Sir.

Shamile and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  4. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I personally do not mind the 512m's looks, but I do have an issue with the wheels/rims. They do not look good on the car.

I have seen some 512m on Fchat with 512 wheels/rims and that change makes the car look much better.

cgt000 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I grew to like the front headlights but i am still challenged with the rear ...
    Too bad because it is technically the best iteration of the 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jakuzzi likes this.
  6. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Thanks!

64,000 miles on my Testarossa

72,000 miles on my former Diablo VT Roadster

23,000 miles on my Lamborghini Murcielago Roadster

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

7. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I understand about the rear, but I have gotten used to it after time has passed. I understand that it was done to bring it more in line with all the other models offered at the time.

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nope. I don't see it that way.

I suggested thread bans for some, and a permanent ban for 1taliantrash. I think that's an appropriate recognition of long term vs. noob.

We're always looking at users who seem to have issues with how to get along with others. 1taliantrash is already on the radar, and I have hope he'll get this place figured out before he's shown the door. Hope springs eternal, eh?

As to respect. Posting that a guy may have a psychological problem shows a pretty high level of disrespect. I expect better from the longtime members of the community and noobs as well.

So, respectfully, I think this entire thing is getting blown out of proportion. We should all unbunch our panties and get about the fun of talking Ferraris. Can we give that a shot?

D

blkdiablo33 and turbo-joe like this.
  9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    best would be to close this thread now
    and open a new one: Testarossa Prices Raising
    remember 10 years ago how the prices have been and how they look now: still higher than at that time here in germany, even you may add the inflation

and it is sad and also a matter of dreaming to buy a F to get all the own problems solved in his life and also to think that the girls will date the owner. sad course of action I only can say. :(

10. Natkingcolebasket69

My wife loved the testarossa but certainly didn’t understand why i love an old car lol

Jakuzzi likes this.
  11. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    I can only speak to what I know turbo Joe, and it seems to be Ferrari ownership and attractive women go hand in hand. Maybe some of you veteran members can shed a better light on that subject from experience.
    As to the 512M wheels, I love them. 3(?) piece wheels from the factory are hard to argue with.

12. TRCo

TRCo Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Totally agree with Romano. I bought mine 5 years ago and it is certainly worth a lot more now than what I paid for it. I know it has been said before but we do spend a lot of time saying how great these cars are, but we probably spend more time pointing out all the negatives!

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I think this is totally true.
    They are not that hard to fix and understand.
    Primitive electronics help a lot too .
    With the proper exhaust they rock !
    I think prices are correcting and trending slightly dowm for the modded examples...but it still much better than 5 years ago.
    Now that being said, if you account for your true cost of ownership (i.e maintenance+what you paid for) i am not sure the investment would return much.

I like that car video on this topic.

Shamile likes this.
  14. TRCo

TRCo Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2012
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Maybe I've been lucky but at the very worst i would be break even (if i were to sell now) but in that time I have 5 years of fantastic trouble free motoring (with one minor incident that Romano helped me resolve) in a 12 cylinder classic. Hard to beat the ROI on that!

15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #540 paulchua, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    I think Testarossa prices are quite healthy. I've seen a small dip since 15' but that's been with most Ferrari.

The cheapest I saw that sold at auction in 2018 was RM Sotheby's Fort Lauderdale sale for #70221 (34K miles) $88,000 (includes buyer's premium)

Some folks (cough Bradwilliams) have said for like the last 5 years now the Testarossa is going to crash back down to 50K. (anything is possible, but I think until the Feds ban ICE, you all are fine)

Silverstone 2018 - 91 (27K miles) $133K
    Paris 2/9/2018 - 86 (~27K miles) $152K
    Scottsdale 1/20/2018 88' (19K miles) $118K
    Oklahoma City 2/24/2018 90' (12k miles) 121K
    Amelia Island 3/9/2018 88 & 1/2 (1K miles) 168K

I think like many other Ferrari: condition, miles, provenance.

Whether they are worth 1 million or 1 dollar, I hope you all drive the hell out of your beautiful machines and enjoy!!! You are all a blessed to own one.

Testerosse, turbo-joe and Shamile like this.
  16. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Better I keep quiet. Dm n did a excellent job keeping order. Would like this thread to stay open. There is some good info and discussions going on. Plus I hate seeing something I started get locked up. Lol.

R

Jakuzzi and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  17. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    When it comes to the looks of the 3 iterations of the Testarossa, I like the 512TR the best, then the Testarossa (two low mirror versions) and then the F512M. That's just based on looks. As I've never driven an F512M, and have driven the other two, I can't comment on it's performance. As only 75 of the F512M were imported, it's definitely the most rare.

paulchua and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Those sales number are amazing. Definitely not common on the market.

paulchua likes this.
  19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Oh and the 512 and 512m are very healthy. The 512m being my favorite (yeah I'm strange)

:)

20. Natkingcolebasket69

No u are not;) different strokers for different folks!
    I am hoping to snatch a good 512 in the 130-150k range by year end. I think its possible;)

VColin and paulchua like this.
  21. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Thank you for your kind words my friend. There is a rap video with Cardi B recently featuring the TR - I think the design is timeless and iconic - appreciation will only grow, nice to see 'youngsters' paying respects. Of course, black swan events can torpedo us all, but you can't dwell on valuations - that will only hurt your enjoyment.

Kind regards
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  22. Natkingcolebasket69

Actually the cover of the single is also a 512m. I love cardi B lol

paulchua likes this.
  23. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Great video. I know Ed from ********** ( l a m b o p o w e r ) lol and he's on my fb.

He really sums up the costs of ownership. I will say from my experience that the newer and newer exotics are far more expensive to maintain. Not only mechanical parts but sensors, computers and reprogramming cost are extremely expensive....all dealership!

I can do everything on my Testarossa except the belt change and valve adjustments.

Clutch, fuel injection, intakes...no problem.

On my Murcielago, I can definitely change the oil! lol

With the newer and newer exotics with no manuals, there's no mechanical linkage between you and the engine. If one electronic component goes out, you're stranded.....ask me how I know.

So, by modern exotic car standards, the Testarossa is not really that expensive. It's mainly the NLA parts like a $500.00 hazard switch and things like that.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

24. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    As a paid, long term, value adding member - I expect not to have false accusations leveled against me by a moderator.

Re-read my posts.

“Posting that a guy may have psycological problems...”
    NO WAY. I politely suggested some reading that may lead to constructive introspection and “wisdom”.

Later, I urged some addition reading to help our new friend get past his clearly and directly stated “hate” towards himself (his own words).

Further, I suggested:
    “No need to prove yourself here. Just enjoy the forum, learn, make friends and work towards getting your Ferrari.

I also expect to not receive profanity laced threats from the same moderator.

Of all the posts on this thread - yours is among the worst. You make false accusations towards your paying customers, throw false accusations at them and fill your threats with profanity.

You owe the community an apology.

I too, “expect better”.

Sincerely, Vincenzo

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes! Electronics, ceramic brakes...a killer;)
    The tr family is cheap for that and still reasonably fast and good looking;)) a bargain for sure!