86 Mondial 3.2 Cab: suggestions for replacement Cat | FerrariChat

86 Mondial 3.2 Cab: suggestions for replacement Cat

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by SaratogaCA, Apr 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    I noticed that Ricambi no longer carries cats for 1986 Mondial 3.2's.

I found some vendors, but they don't ship to CA, which, I presume, is because their product does not comply with CA's very stringent pollution control standards.

Does anyone know where I can get a high quality cat that is plug-and-play compatible with the 86 Mondial 3.2?

Thanks,
    Sam in Saratoga

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I have passed the required Canadian emission tests with a Fabspeed cat on my 88 Mondial, Swiss Model which had the most stringent Euro emissions standard, more so than the US at the time, but same exhaust and cat setup as the US model. Still have my old OEM cat, which also passed, so I can confirm it made no difference to emissions. Did make for a slightly nicer growl to the exhaust, which is why I did the switch.

Hyper-Flow is probably the most common aftermarket cat used. http://www.nicksforzaferrari.com/forzaferrariwebsite1_046.htm

3. dfranzen

dfranzen Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 31, 2013
    Ponte Vedra Beach , FL
    Full Name:
    Don Franzen
    No aftermarket cat vendors will sell in CA, ship it to a friend out of state then have friend ship it to you

Or pay to play in Cali!