Testarossa Price Trends | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    As with anything else, there will always be cheap finds out there. Some owners just don' know and will sell at a low number, others will ask the moon, and others will be in the middle.

Right place at the right time could land you a nice car. Wrong place at the right time could have you over paying for a car. Comes down to the buyer. If they know the market..they will not over pay. But they will know a steal when they see it and take advantage. These things used to trade whole sale at 35-40k. Try getting anybody who used to sell these things by the bucket to pay anymore then 60k for one could be a chore.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  2. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Realignment takes time to sink in. I still remember an interview with an old race mechanic talking about the astronomical values on the Ferrari 250 GTO that he used to work on.

" it was just an old racecar that no one wanted"

...and no, I'm not comparing values lol...just what was seen as old news becomes coveted.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    True but the TR is a high volume production car with zero race history. The only history it has is that it's a Ferrari. It was built for the American market from the start as a high speed chesterfield. Cool car and I love them, but it is not at the point of serious collectability. It won't be for a while.

Prices will go up and down like a toilet seat at a baseball game for the foreseeable future, but I don't think the car will be worth a constant 200k while I'm alive.

4. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    So like said 90/100k for a good driver tr which is accurate and is so much car for the money and 12 cyl. Went to Pasadena ferrari show today and there were a few tr out there imo it's one of the most beautiful ferraris made. There undervalued imo glad I got mine before that changes

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Whilst i mostly agree let’s not forget that:
    1-its the last manual 12 cylinder rear/mid engine
    2-its the last non super car enzo saw
    3-its an icon
    4-7k made is a lot but compared to newer ferrari that is not much and given the amount of tr i saw wrecked i am thinking there are more like 5500-6000 left.

That should, in time, mean something value wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Natkingcolebasket69

Most beautiful to me with the f40!
    458 is my favorite modern, sounds incredible too!

7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I'll bet there are less then 5k left..if that even. The car should be worth more then it is..no doubt. But they have been cheap for so long, its really hard for people to pay triple the amount for somehing that just five years ago could be bought for 50k.

thorn and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    I did add my disclaimer that I wasn't comparing the two cars in any way ! lol

....only that of the mindset change...that's all.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    The 91/93 diablos have gone from 60/75 k to close to 200k and IMO the tr is the better driver compared to early diablos there time will come right now buyers market diablo not so much

Shamile likes this.
  10. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Saw a few f40s today amazing I prefer the 430over the the 458 call me crazy but I enjoy the 430more had a 458for a few weeks and enjoy my 430 more. Now 488 I’m in

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The Diablo is completey different. It is on another level above the TR. Even though the TR is the better car..the Diablo is well above it in collectability.

Shark01, goldlifter and Shamile like this.
  12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    It went from 75 to 180 k or so and people are paying the tr is undervalued it’s time will come just thankful I got mine I was going to get my 3 rd Diablo again and seller didn’t get back to me and looking through DuPont coouldnt sleep and found ad for the one I bought and I’m happy got the tr over the diablo for now but I will have a diablo vt again just not at there prices if they come down than great if not I enjoyed my vt and sv in the past and happy got the tr every time I see it in my garage I can’t believe it’s mine :) I’m really enjoying this thread

13. Natkingcolebasket69

I would think the diable is the better car though: newer, faster etc

Shark01 likes this.
  14. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    The Diablo? Meh . . . Although it can be given credit for saving Lamborghini, along with Lee Iaccoca and Chrysler money, I was never that impressed with it's overall finish.

The VW/Audi group is who can be given credit for what Lamborghini is today.

As far as collectibility goes, I'm amazed that any of Lamborghini's products have increased in value since the Miura. Of course, I'm old . . . . .

Jakuzzi likes this.
  15. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Really? I’ll wait then. Hey on another note. MS is selling his 94 again for $399. I may want to make another bet with him but he welched on the first one. Actually. Let him off the hook but he could have insisted. Lol.

R

Bradwilliams likes this.
  16. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #466 Mr.Chairman, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
    Well. Whoever is in this pic looks like they are getting it from behind. That’s you right? Lovely. Your not even setting up the car properly to perform the engine out. Unless your a dip sh*t and plan on taking engine out from the top. Your probably changing the exhaust and flushing some fluids.

R

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Nice car that 512 but 399k... lol ; not even close to what it will sell for one day! Its more of a 249k car and even That is a tough sell!

Jakuzzi likes this.
  18. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Totally agree. $249 - $275 (being generous here). She is very clean and believe the condition is as advertised. I should make another bet with him. Lol.

19. Natkingcolebasket69

I imagine it won’t sell but who knows. Definitely bet with him!
    Dang 400k! That’s a nice house in Florida!

20. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I agree but....

Do not dismiss msdesign, he single handedly lifted the Boxer above the 100K market. I am only half joking.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/boxers-tail-will-wag-dog-now.78361/

Jakuzzi likes this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

Interesting read! It would really hurt me to pieces though to give 400k for a 512tr. With that kind of money i would consider putting it down towards financing of a f40 or something.

22. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Not to stir the pot but, That individual was partly resp........ forget it I don't want to engage with him in an Internet forum war. ;)

turbo-joe likes this.
  23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Like a lot of things, there's a "market price" and then there's the price that a custodian of an excellent example of a particular item is willing to part with it. Something this cool goes way beyond a mere commodity.

Shamile likes this.
  24. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
  25. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name: