The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread | Page 193 | FerrariChat

The Michael Schumacher Career/Injury/Recovery Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Dec 29, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Be glad you don't know it.

I have been damaged by it in my formative teenager years. :)

2. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    The only true news about Schumacher's condition are the news that comes out from Sabine's mouth.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Seriously? You'd take the word of a spin doctor over that of a medical doctor?

Na Bravo!

4. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    They haven't given up. That's the good news.

5. NORTY

NORTY Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2008
    CARLSBAD, CA, USA,
    Full Name:
    NORTY
    Has he shown any improvement since the collision?

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Bravo..i remenber the girls in my class used to buy that crap...even though they couldn't understand a single word printed on it, lololo but hey, there were some posters from "Bross" or "modern talking", lolololo

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup. I remember entire volumes printed about the "Bay City Rollers". Remember those? Me neither...

8. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    OCTOBER 16, 2017

Schumacher family should tell truth says Weber

Michael Schumacher's former manager thinks the family of the F1 legend should come clean with his millions of fans.

Almost four years after the seven time world champion's skiing crash, almost nothing is known about the extent of the now 48-year-old's brain injuries.

Concurrently, there are unconfirmed rumours Schumacher will be moved from Switzerland to the US, that his health condition is improving, and that he has relapsed into coma.

Willi Weber, who was Schumacher's long-term manager, blames the confusion on the great German's family and current management.

"I find it very unfortunate that Michael's fans do not know about his health. Why are they not being told the truth?" he asked.

Weber was speaking to the Munich-based newspaper TZ, shortly after an operation on his back.

"Formula one is just like my back now -- painful," he said.

"It is now a Mickey Mouse show and nothing else. The sport has gone into the background," said Weber.

daytona355 likes this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not, i don't (fortunatly for me)...Modern talking was already bad enough..of course there was also "Falko" and "Sandra" ,lolololo...plenty off stuff to cut your wrists!!!

10. Sounds like a rather unhappy fellow with a few axes to grind. A pity to be so miserable. :(

11. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    I feel there isn't any reason or responsibility for the family to tell anyone anything. It is a private matter, and certainly not a happy one.

Thomas S. likes this.
  12. Please no. 'Been down that road in this thread..... Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I never liked Weber to begin with. And calling today's F1 Mickey Mouse makes him look a total idiot.

14. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Michael Schumacher urged to 'keep fighting' by daughter Gina Image Unavailable, Please Login

Michael Schumacher, who suffered devastating head injuries in a skiing accident in the Alps, has been urged to 'keep fighting' by his daughter, Gina.

Gina Schumacher, 20, made an emotional appeal in an Instagram post in which she wrote "There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved #naturephotography #natureforsoul #keepfighting."

The Instagram post was one of the few occasions in which Schumacher's family have publicly referred to his condition, even obliquely.

Michael Schumacher, one of the greatest drivers in the history of Formula 1, is still recuperating from the severe head injuries he sustained in a skiing accident in France on December 29 2013.

The family remains fiercely protective of his privacy with the family spokesman insisting that no comment would be made.

In 2015 Mrs Schumacher successfully sued three German tabloids - Bunte, Freizeit Revue and Freizeit Spaß over reports that he has had begun to speak again and was undergoing specially-designed therapy.

Gina Schumacher's plea, which accompanied a picture of a tranquil lake which she took while riding a horse, has taken up by fans across the world with support being posted in several languages.

15. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    DECEMBER 6, 2017

Schumacher would love to attend FIA event

Figures close to Michael Schumacher say the F1 legend was missed at an FIA function this week.

F1's governing body launched its hall of fame, and seven time world champion Schumacher was among those inducted.

"I would have liked to see him here tonight," FIA president Jean Todt said, according to Bild newspaper. "Michael continues to fight."

Schumacher suffered brain injuries in a late 2013 skiing fall in France. His current health condition is not publicly known.

The 48-year-old's manager Sabine Kehm was also at the FIA event, and said: "We all know Michael should be here himself, and I'm very sure he would love to be here.

"He always had the utmost respect for everyone here and would feel very honoured," Kehm added.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Still a lot of love for the man...

Several people noted the "era" of my coat, this past weekend at an event in Woodlands Texas.
    Best wishes to him

My thoughts were that, at this point he has beaten a lot of odds, to have survived.
    Medical advances almost daily in this field.

He may well be seen and heard from again!

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I only hope Michael is not in pain or suffering and is in some way: happy.

Brains do work in mysterious ways. If anyone can make some kind of recovery it's Michael.

daytona355, mcimino, NürScud and 3 others like this.
  18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I mean guys it’s great to have hope but the biggest mistake one can make is to think one of our heroes, whoever they are, are better or not human.
    The same way Michael Jordan will die some day, the same way michael Jackson past its life.
    Anyone that sustained the kind of coma schumacher had is likely tetraplegic and in a semi vegetative state.
    Of course prayers and hope are great and miracles do happen but i also fear he will never get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NürScud and Andrew D. like this.
  19. Jeronimo GTO

Jeronimo GTO Formula 3

May 15, 2010
    Happy Birthday, Michael!

20. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Well, indeed, Michael is having his 49th birthday today. The greatest of all time is silently vanishing in the minds of many.
    Happy birthday, Michael. Let's still hope for a miracle, and come back!
    Godspeed Michael!

21. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Barrichello blocked from seeing Schumacher

APRIL 20, 2018

Rubens Barrichello says he was blocked from trying to see his old teammate Michael Schumacher.

The pair were at Ferrari between 2000 and 2005, but in late 2013 Schumacher injured his brain in a skiing accident.

"I tried to find a way to visit him, but they said to me 'It will not do you or him any good'," Barrichello told Brazil's Globo.

"So I don't have any news," he added.

22. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    I had been thinking about this topic, out of the blue, and I get a notification for this thread today. I think, overall, that Schumacher isn't going to recover. It isn't reality to think he will.

23. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    I hate to be pessimistic. But, do we really have any reason for optimism? I'm afraid not.

24. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    These sites like to "selectively" quote people.

https://globoplay.globo.com/v/6673868/ video here. Maybe someone can translate the interview.

:(

lorenzobandini likes this.