For Sale - 458 Italia Subwoofer | FerrariChat

For Sale 458 Italia Subwoofer

Discussion in 'Parts & Collectibles' started by SoftwareDrone, Apr 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    whatheheck and waterking like this.
  2. waterking

waterking Karting
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 15, 2011
    Texas
    Can't wait for the 488 version!

3. sharon amos

sharon amos Karting

Dec 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    sharon amos
  4. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Absolutely! We get the Bordeaux leather right out of the tannery at Ferrari. Still the same price, $999.00 including subwoofer. The only reason I don't sell these for $899 (like all of my other systems) is that the mounting bracket is very expensive to fabricate. It is a large, 'L' shaped bracket made out of 1/8" stainless steel. With this mounting system, you do not have to drill any mounting holes in your leather firewall cover.

5. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I have to give a big shout out for Mike. He recently made me subwoofers for my Testarossa. Quality of the finished product is excellent, and the fitment and color match were perfect. In addition, the customer service from Mike is incredible.

6. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I know that this is an answer to a very old post, but, YES, I now sell both 488 GTB and 488 Spider systems. My 488 web page will not be complete for another week or two, so just PM me with any 488 needs.

7. speedy pete

speedy pete Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    darkside of the moon
    Full Name:
    Pete B
    Codie, gperson and whatheheck like this.
  8. Codie

Codie Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2019
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Codie H
  9. PunjabiM3

PunjabiM3 Rookie

Apr 22, 2019
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Jay Sidhu
    Have you had any customers that have installed a sub in a 458 Speciale? I purchased my Speciale a few months ago and find the stock stereo to be the most awful stereo I have ever had in any car. I think a sub would help out immensely, however, I am not so sure if I want to be drilling holes and tearing apart my Speciale. Also, I did not see any info on wiring and other info such as amp, line out converter, etc. Please PM me with specifics as would be nice to have some bass so long as I am not tearing half of the interior apart. Thank you.

10. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Absolutely! We wrap the subwoofer box in matching Alcantara so it looks like it's part of the car.
    Watch my 458 spider install video:
    The Italia and the 458 Spider are exactly the same. There are shops in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that have tons of experience installing high end car audio systems in the DFW area. Let me know if you need assistance with this.
    The amplifier I sell has a line out converter built in. The wiring is simple: The first four wires (looking at it from left to right) on the top row of the top plug coming off of the back of the infotainment system are yellow (left +), yellow/black stripe (left-), green (right+) and green/pink stripe (right -). You cut these four wires about 3-4 inches from the plug and reroute them to the amplifier and back. Everyone does this. If you ever sell the car, you simply solder the four wires back to each other using some straight shrink tube and no one is the wiser. It is a pain to get at the infotainment system the first time, but after that, it's a breeze. So just make sure you get a shop that has done this before with any car in the 458 line (they're all the same).
    A couple of things: First, my gear has a 30 day, unconditional, no questions asked, money back guarantee. If you don't like the sound, I'll give you your money back before you even ship the gear back to me. Between you and I, I am 59 years old, have a bachelors as well as a masters degree in computer science, and already make an obscene amount of money writing high tech software here in the Silicon Valley. I do this on the side for fun and to help people. Having said that, I have sold over 200 systems for high end Ferraris over the last six years, including over a dozen 458's. I have a buddy with a 458 Spider who lives about 20 miles from me (young Indian guy, super cool), and we put a system in his car with the dual 8" subwoofer box, and the sound system shakes the ground! It is SO cool.
    The other thing is that I have a portable sound system that I send out to qualified customers around the country. It consists of the 458 subwoofer box, two small bookshelf speaker boxes with the Focal component speakers installed, a portable 400 Watt amplifier, a small power supply and a small head unit. You set the bookshelf boxes in your foot wells, the subwoofer box against the firewall, put the power supply and the head unit on your lap or on the passenger seat, plug the power cord into the wall, pop a thumb drive with your favorite MP3 tunes into the head unit, and crank it up! You'll be able to hear EXACTLY what my sound system would sound like in your car. A thousand dollar deposit gets this portable system shipped to your home. Just something to think about.
    Ping me with any additional questions. I love talking about this stuff! :)
    Mike Niday
    408-529-2701
    [email protected]
    www.scuderiaaudio.com

11. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    Is the set up any different for a 488?

12. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Everything is the same except that installing the subwoofer is ten times easier. There are two machine screws in the center of the firewall that hold up the cargo nets. There are two holes in the back of the 488 subwoofer enclosure in those same two spots. You just use two similar machine screws that are 1/2" longer to hold the box against the firewall (just like the 360 and 430 models). No stainless adapter plate or anything.
    You may consider sending me notes to my personal email address ([email protected]) as every one of your notes end up in my spam folder. Not imperative, just a suggestion. :)

13. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Mike I have feeling I am going to be in touch soon I just bought a 458 spider with standard system. This time there will not be such a rush.

14. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You know, I would have thought that the speaker box orders would have slowed down during the winter months - NOT!! :)
    No worries at all. I have 458 spider boxes 100% complete and ready to go except for the leather and stitching. It takes my guy 1-2 days to wrap the box in OEM Ferrari leather and stitching. I have everything else you need in stock in case you want to upgrade the entire system.
    I left my phone at home this morning but will be picking it up on my lunch hour.
    Thanks,
    Mike

15. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Mike I think I still have your phone number from the last time, I am picking up the car Saturday, so I can do a shakedown run and find out what it is going to need, I will be in touch.

16. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am so jealous!! I want a 458 in the worst way. My phone is 408-529-2701. Congrats!! And, pictures or it didn't happen! :)

17. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Mike, thanks again. Another beautiful job, the leather was a perfect match. The car is still in storage at Algar, I am sure I will enjoy the sound of the dead when it gets back on the road in April.

18. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thank you. You may not have noticed but I have changed the design a little. The enclosure looked too "boxy" so I added a larger radius to the top front corner. It's subtle but looks much nicer now!

Carnut likes this.