Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 43 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Red car with a blue interior. Wow indeed. Unique no doubt.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lionworks Auto likes this.
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Eric- 28% is what is generally given for the last 20 or so years on US percentage for production. I just rounded that up to 30%, so 28.6% sounds pretty close.

I doubt the MGT percentage is as high as 50%, too, but not like some owners were claiming at 10% or so. I put the F-Register data in a post in one argument over that, but the dissenter was too lazy, or did not know how, to crunch the numbers. Especially since it would have disproved his argument.

3. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Taz, it was your F-Register post that sent me off on this. I'm a physicist so data reduction and analysis is no stranger. With just a bit of effort, you're 30% to the US is supported and the manual question of 20% is answered as well. Gives us 71 manuals out of 362 456Ms total. I have a bit more to do to pretty up the sheets and then I'll send the Excel file if you're interested.

Pretty much validates what you were saying all along. As for individual cars, there is a big range of info from unknown paint and interior color on some to close to a complete options list on others. It has been a fascinating little exercise. There were some really cool cars that were built.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Eric- Glad to look. My small 575M data base does not include color or other option info except FHP/HGTC/F1/manual.

Assume you know that the 550/575M FHP hydraulic steering ECU works on 456Ms? MSW can provide one for a very reasonable cost. Takes about 5 minutes to install. Will not work on 456s, at least the 2.7s. Not sure anyone has tried it on a 5.2 456.

5. losgatos789

losgatos789 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Taz,

Yes, MSW ECU works on 5.2 456M. I have had one installed on my 2001 456M GT for over a year. Very expressive and connected.

-stu

6. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Taz,
    Did not know that about the steering ECU. Thanks for that most significant Hmmmmm....

7. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Stu,
    If you have been following my working the data on 456M production VINs and the split between GT and GTAs, I would appreciate a PM concerning your car. I'd like to confirm it against the F-register data. It would be much appreciated. There is a special column on my spread sheet for "confirmed by present owner". Thanks, and I'll tag you in on a side conversation on this topic.

8. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Great job Eric!! As I posted somewhere else in the 456 forum the 456 needs a Taz to put together and maintain a 456 data-base. It looks like you are off to a great start!! The number of 456M manuals here in the US has been long debated, here and elsewhere. The 456 community has long needed a data-base, such as you are doing here, to try to get the answers to questions such as these (number of 456M manuals that in the US). I thank you Eric, as does the rest of the 456 community.

9. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Hey Temple, I'll throw these preliminary results out here more in the open than the conversation. Everyone needs to be aware that these are preliminary and require quite a bit more work. Then it will require a continuing maintenance to be accurate as missing data can be found. This is based to first order on the F-Register data of Ferrari VINs and description of build options. It is being augmented, checked and corrected by data from owners, dealers, etc.

Okay, now that all the usual disclaimers have been fully asserted (side-effects may include death from the drug you are taking to cure your disease that may cause death....I love those, along with the ever popular "don't take this stuff if you are allergic to this stuff"....duh!!)

This data covers the production of 456Ms. Non-M earlier 456s not included yet.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    The PO of my 2002 456M GT had the FHP steering ECU installed (thank you Chuck). I don't have anything to compare it too, all I know is the precision handling characteristics make driving the twisties a special treat each and every time.

11. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Great!! First you guys take my cars (Pucky and Laser), then you guys rub it in about why these already special cars are even more unique (fhp ecu, one of very last 456M GT “builds”). Thanks guys!!

12. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    wink, wink

13. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
  14. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #1065 Laserguru, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    This is the Grigio Scagliettii over Grigio Nuvolari just like one of the last ones sent to the US. Interesting. The wheel paint matching the lower Grigio Nuvolari looks really good. Just a hint of brown in the grey leather compliments the Nuvolari color really well. And then the red stitching as a touch. I don't think I object to these maybe as strongly as others. This car looks pretty dang good to me. And row your own. I haven't seen in the data a Schumacher that was Auto. Price at just shy of $150k US doesn't break my heart at this point either.

15. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As I keep this quest going, you'll be the first I holler at if something interesting suddenly pops up. Least I can do.....you really fly from Portland to NYC and out to LI to look at the Grand Prix Cafe car? Now I kind of feel guilty if you went that far. Not quite guilty enough but its the sentiment that counts....

16. 500tr

500tr Formula 3

Feb 28, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Volkmar Spielmann
    Approx. 25 Schumacher all in all, 1:1 Manual / Auto.
    A very rare chance...

17. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I pillage the data base for Rest of the World (RoW) knowing there were only 3 for the US. Another interesting tidbit. Curiousity, where did you get the ~25 data point??

18. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    25 with a 1 to 1 ratio ?

19. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Think he means there were approx 25 Schumacher Editions made and all were manuals.

20. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The Bicolore Scaglietti Schumacher Edition cars are easily delineated in the F-Register data base. I just did a really quick scan through. 3 came to the US as previously mentioned. Ferrari does seem to hold to the ~30% to the US market so on that basis, one would expect about 10 Bicolore cars. And guess what, my quick scan shows....10 cars.

21. AKINSB

AKINSB Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2013
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Alex K
    Eric

Do you have any numbers in a spreadsheet on the 456 prior to the "M"'s

Best

AK

22. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I do not yet. I am working my way back from the Ms but it will be coming. I find the process extremely informative about the cars, the company, everything so I'm kind of hooked. i'll back this up to bring in the 456 non-Ms and then likely finish it with the RoW cars as well. Will share as it all comes along. Anything in particular you are looking for or have a focus on?

23. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Laser, I have family in NYC, was born and raised in NYC, so visit quite often. But only for 2-3 days. I had to take the Hampton Jitney (bus) to Grand Prix (about 2.5 hrs each way)

Ok, everybody can line up behind me and laugh, but that Schumacher edition is a bargain right now at 150k US. In five yrs, 10 at most, it will have doubled. Mark my words!! Eric, another “bet” (on it)?

24. Temple

Temple Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Temple
    Thank you Volkmar for that link!! Beautiful!! 456Taz2, have we created a monster b/n us (and the others on that pm group)? What you’re doing is so great Eric!! I hope you saw my comments in the private group chat.