New bottles of Leatherique HORRIBLE. New formula???? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New bottles of Leatherique HORRIBLE. New formula????

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by tubeguy, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    besides the sofa, how did it work for your interior? any difference than the sofa?

2. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    They denied having any issue at Leatherique and called it a sample to sample variation. I call it f*cking up my sofa. I'm so busy at work I have not chased them down on it. I mixed a bottle of Prestine Clean with the Rejuvinator oil and have used that without issue....but REALLY? Can you imagine a real company like Lexol or Meguires or some other REAL company offering that bullsh*t excuse?

It's really annoying. The original Leatherique that I had bought years ago was as thick as say cream or half and half. I have a little bit of it left and will make a video comparing it and then hold them to task.

My point is you have a $300,000 car. Do you think they make something that others can't or won't make better?

Grrrrr...Pauli I was forgetting about this. Thanks!!!!!

3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    The mere fact that some users like this product, while others despise it - combined with such apparent lack of product consistency, has convinced me to never put this stuff on my seats. Too much of a gamble, and I don't even buy lottery tickets.

4. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I did the Leatherique treatment on my 83. My seats were in perfect condition. Now they look like the OP's chair.
    I called them to complain and was told that's pretty normal. She said just strip and re-dye. ....it's no biggie.

5. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    :eek::eek::eek:

I realize that FChat basically sponsors this stuff, but I'm not so sure I want to use it on my car. I'm just sticking with Griot's Garage. They even have a leather rejuvenator that I plan to use when I get back from Europe.

6. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    I redid my 85 Mondial interior with Leatherique a couple of years ago.

It was a lengthy process. However, the seats came out great. They look like new -- except where the leather was too far gone.

I created a thread, with pics, that documented the process. Before and after pics are revealing. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/and-so-it-begins-leather-restoration.502419/

It's been over 2 years now, and the seats still look great, except where the leather was too far gone to begin with (driver's booster).

Sid

Formula Uno likes this.