No-Drill Front License Plate Mount for 308 & 328 | FerrariChat

No-Drill Front License Plate Mount for 308 & 328

Discussion in '308/328' started by Carbonio, Aug 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #1 Carbonio, Aug 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If you live in a place where a front license plate mount is mandated by law then you know what a pain it can be to mount a number plate on the front of your 308 or 328. Not only is it an eyesore but there is no good place to put it without making holes.

Luckily we at Carbonio have come up with a cool and modular solution that clamps on and off in seconds and lets you easily install and remove your front plate at will. We call it the 'No-Drill Front License Plate Mount' and it offers the following advantages:

- Fits all license plates worldwide making it a truly global solution

- 5 second easy on and easy off makes it great for car shows, washing, or quick roadside police officer 'fixes' for those owners who want to take their chances with the law but want a possible out should they get nabbed.

- High speed tested for stability. Our mounts firmly hold the plate but are cushioned to protect the mounting surfaces.

Available for 308's 328's and almost every Ferrari model made from 1948-present. While these brackets are starting to be carried by Ferrari dealers the full offering is currently available from our website with online ordering and worldwide shipping:

Carbonio Performance - License Plate Mounts

Here are some installed photos...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    For those wanting more information here is an online video showing the install procedure and some product features:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gfvWasNIxY[/ame]

3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Thankfully I don't need one in the free state of Alabama, but that's a brilliant solution -- well done!

4. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    Excellent !

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I was recently gifted one, definitely a nice item!

GLWS!

6. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Actually yesterday I took my 308 out for a drive and was surrounded by cops everywhere I went. After almost 15 years of driving around without a front plate (and countless run-ins with the law because of it) it was a liberating feeling to be totally legal for the first time in my Ferrari ownership

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Cool video and explanation !

Too bad my cars got drilled already, it would have been a nice option to have.

Good luck in your sales !

8. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #8 Carbonio, Mar 16, 2017
  9. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    More and more owners are buying our mounts as they are the only clean solution for a front license plate on a Ferrari. Best of all when you want to remove it, it is only a mater of seconds and it is off with no trace.

Carbonio Performance - Ferrari 488 No-Drill Plate Mount

Ignore the '488' in the link as it is a coding error we will soon correct.

10. ALUMINUMYELLOW328

ALUMINUMYELLOW328 Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rhett R Arcilla
    All, for those who own an E38 BMW the 308/328 plate mount will work as well, i have them for my 740i and my 750il as well as my 328. Love the mount.

11. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the cross fitment information. We are working on some BMW applications right now and will keep this information in mind.

12. ALUMINUMYELLOW328

May 30, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rhett R Arcilla
    You are welcome.. will provide pictures.

13. ALUMINUMYELLOW328

May 30, 2004
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Rhett R Arcilla
    #13 ALUMINUMYELLOW328, Jul 22, 2017
  14. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for sharing these images they are most helpful.

15. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    With driving season around the corner and lots of cars being either bought or brought out of hibernation we would just like to remind everyone that we have an established and tested solution for easily mounting front license plates without making hideous holes :)

https://www.carbonio.com/License_Plate_Frames_s/106.htm

16. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    A bump to our original thread for this product as we have found that some have struggled to find it in the search function. Driving season is upon us and a plate mount is a great way to keep things legal in 2018.

17. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    A resurrection to an older thread. In recent years there has been a rise in front license plate enforcement particularly in California where the rules were ignored for decades. Dealerships and owners have clued into this with significant increases in plate bracket sales. If you are currently not legal by not running a front license plate give our solution a try.

18. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Is that your green GT4? Was it ever a US car?

19. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Not our car. It belonged to a customer and was photographed with generic plates for our catalogue.

20. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Thanks. Always liked that color on GT4.

21. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Any photos of the plate holder mounted on a 328?

22. NoGoSlow

NoGoSlow Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2014
    Republic of Texas
    Full Name:
    Mark Jacks
    Brian, talk with Ben. There was a green one here in town for many years with the rear seat delete option. Long story, but my wheels came from that car.

23. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Long story about it. Remind me and I'll tell it over dinner.

NoGoSlow likes this.
  24. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    Looks a nice piece of kit! I admit my first reaction was, "WHAT? 189 bucks to hold a license plate? Zip ties cost almost nothing!" But it looks very nicely done, easy to mount/dismount and I wouldn't (won't) hesitate to buy one if they start enforcing the front plate thing.

Re that, I guess I've been lucky, I've had the car since '08 and driven it across country twice as well as putting miles on it living for years in MD and now in TX and law enforcement never paid any attention to it having just the rear plate. So my plan is to keep driving that way until I get ticketed, then I'll buy the Carbinio holder. :)