Fiat Chrysler Announces In-House Restoration Program for Classic Cars | FerrariChat

Fiat Chrysler Announces In-House Restoration Program for Classic Cars

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrariformulauno, Feb 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferrariformulauno

ferrariformulauno Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2008
    33km from Maranello
    Full Name:
    Andre
    Similar to other manufacturer programs such as Porsche Classic and Ferrari Classiche, Fiat Chrysler has officially launched a division dedicated to the restoring and selling of classic cars. This new program, dubbed Reloaded by Creators, will deal in vehicles falling under the umbrella of Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo, Maserati, and Abarth. FCA will provide its classic cars with a certificate of authenticity, and use the proceeds of its sales to track down and restore more cars.

"The new 'Reloaded by creators' project opens a new, original chapter in the FCA Heritage story: From now on, the department will also be offering for sale a limited number of carefully selected classic cars, specially purchased by the department, which have been restored to their original glory and guaranteed by the constructor (hence the name of the service). The sums raised will then be used to finance new scouting activities to add important new pieces to FCA's historic collection. This is therefore a real cultural project, inspired by the modus operandi of art museums worldwide.”

Right now, Reloaded by Creators is offering five vehicles for sale.

1991 Alfa Romeo Spider
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    FCA Heritage
    1973 Lancia Fulvia Coupé Montecarlo
    FCA Heritage
    1981 Fiat 124 Spider Europa Pininfarina
    FCA Heritage
    1989 Alfa Romeo SZ
    FCA Heritage
    1959 Lancia Appia Coupé
    FCA Heritage
    With any luck, these five classics will be just the start of a program that allows people to enjoy classic Fiats for generations to come. Prospective customers can head to the FCA Heritage website to request additional information on any of these cars. Reloaded by Creators will also be offering its services to current owners of classics that may be in need of some TLC.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/18408/fiat-chrysler-announces-in-house-restoration-program-for-classic-cars

NEP, Ira Schwartz and Streetsurfer like this.
  2. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Glad to see this is becoming a sort of trend.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I owned a 91 Alfa Spyder.

To make it authentic the glove box door has to be warped and not fit the dash. Every one made was that way. The doors were molded with a warp and the wrong dimensions.

My airbag light was on all the time. The Siemens black box was defective and discontinued. They are all like this. So, how “authentic” can it be? Did they leave in the flaws?

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I have an 1982 Fiat Spider 2000. Great car. Glad to see it starting to get some attention.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Steering wheel is wrong on the SZ :D

AbarthDave1 likes this.
  6. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Ha!

Anyway, the NCRS and Bloomington Gold take original Corvette flaws seriously. If the body is to straight, it loses points in judging. The glass fibre bodies were never perfect.

7. porkchopious

porkchopious Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2009
    Oakton, VA
    Full Name:
    David
    Great idea. I can see cars that might never get much love being restored.

8. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    Fist Heritage has announced it's considering continuation car production for Abarth, Alfa, Fiat, and Lancia marques. TZ1? Would they need Zagato buy in for carrozeria built models?

9. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I am incredibly curious what they are charging. Has to be huuuge euros.

BTW, expect virtually every old car that was popular to be 'reimagined' (ala Singer) or simple made new again (ala Revology). There is a new law that allows for a company to make 300 cars per year and not deal with DOT. AND there are now companies making new bodies for classics. No need to buy an old rusty shell. You can buy a new body for virtually any muscle car, 50-60s British sports car..etc.

This niche in the aftermarket will have real money chasing it.

We toured Revology. I am NOT an American car guy. When I was a kid American cars were..junk. However, the 60s muscle cars were and still are cool in their own way. I never desired one because I didn't want a wobbly hog of a car even if it was fast in a straight line. Enter Revology.

100% new Mustangs (soon others) Mustangs. The late 60s mustangs are beautiful. Great designs that easily rival the designs from the Europeans of the same era. Now, you can buy literally a new car with a new everything, licensed by Ford (and Shelby if you want to pay the Shelby tax) that you can use as a daily.

I have restored many cars and know the cost to make a car right. for reference a 67 911S we restored cost over $100k to restore. That was 5 years ago. I am sure the same car would cost easily $150k to restore NOT including the car. I sold the car for $200k. I barely broke even. Never again.

A NEW revology is around $200k. A bargain.

Big picture, you will soon be able to buy a 'new' classic. Today I know of NEW $100k Minis, $600-700k Porsche 911s, $225k Broncos..and about 20 others off the top of my head.