Any nice roads near miami? If no what’s the point of owning a supercar there ? | FerrariChat

Any nice roads near miami? If no what’s the point of owning a supercar there ?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hi everyone!

I mostly post on the TR west coast forum but some business opportunities are leading me to a potential relocation to miami.
    Obviously florida is flat... i am worried about how will i enjoy the TR there? Where would i go for my sunday drive?
    Any fun drives within say an hour (bit of corners and gear changing?).
    Do some of you guys just go on a road trip to Georgia every now and then to enjoy better roads.
    I am sure there has got to be more to florida roads than just showing off ur car... i love to drive and whilst i do enjoy scenic road by the ocean i think ferraris are at their best either on track or little twisty roads otherwise not sure what the point it!

Any recommendations or experience so i can do my due diligence is appreciated;)

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Not really. Lived in Florida 45 years, and other than running the road out to Lake Okeechobee, the roads are pretty boring. I live in GA now, and there are tons of great roads once you are about an hour north of Atlanta. Have been coming up here since 2008 to enjoy the roads, moved here in 2012, and a pretty large group from Florida still come up twice a year or so to enjoy them. Most of our original group from Fchat don't post here much (if at all).

3. Natkingcolebasket69

I guess monthly i got to trail the car for a trip!
    I dont see a point of owning a TR to show off in Miami, i love driving it.
    And it’s not teally a track car.

4. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    A ride through the Florida Keys is always available living in Miami. Leave early in the morning to miss the traffic.

Cheers

gt1995 likes this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s scenic but not really twisty

gt1995 likes this.
  6. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I’m afraid Miami is a terrible city for enthusiast drivers. Other than parking your car outside of trendy areas to be seen there are no good twisty roads.

Frankly driving in Miami has gotten so bad I don’t see the point of driving anything there at all. Broward isn’t any better. With the decline of track enthusiasts and the rise of primmadonna shows we don’t have real track events like we used to. :(

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

I was afraid u would say this;((
    I guess track is the best thing every now and then.
    This what i did over the weekend here in the bay.
    Hoping georgia has some roads like the ones in my video?

8. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    umm the macarthur causeway early in the morning is the best drive ever. You'll see me in my 575 on it at 7 am or so a couple times a week having a nice run on the water.

9. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Yeah, if that’s what you are used to you are going to be very, very unhappy with Miami driving.

Sorry. I wish it was different. I’d kill for good roads and runs like this with friends. Going in a straight line from restaurant to restaurant just to park and drink cocktails isn’t my thing either. At least we don’t have winter! :)

Next best thing is going to have to be Homestead Speedway and Sebring track time.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Now on the positive side i must admit california, at least northern, is not all that great: very expensive and not much fun (to me).
    I loved LA for the beach and backroads but wife says florida so that’s where we are heading lol
    Guess the tracks are not bad!
    I love miami area for sure but there is something about the west coast, road 66, National parks i will sorely miss;)

11. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    If you want a guided tour of the good stuff in north Georiga / WNC I would be happy to oblige. I recently finished my cabin about two hours north of Atlanta, or if you prefer to stay for a long weekend closer to the city my house is about an hour north of Atlanta. Let me know what your plans are, and I will see what my schedule allows. Some people here know me, and can attest to my route planning. Feel free to send me a PM here to get in contact.

12. Natkingcolebasket69

Will do! Seems like aside a road trip florida will mostly only offer some straights or track days;(

13. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    florida may be flat and boring..... but at least you don't have the pot holes like here in NY, terrible road surface's here...

14. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Is there a problem with this thread? The initial post does not appear, nor does the thread itself in the Florida forum. I accessed it because it shows as the most recent post in the general site directory.

I'll flag it to the moderator in case there's a technical problem.

15. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Not seeing the problems you're describing. It's listed as one of the top threads in Florida due to recent posts and I can see the first post fine. :confused:

What browser are you using?

16. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I'm using an iPad at the moment.

Edit: I'm still not seeing post #1.

Thread still does not show at the top of the Florida forum.

17. Natkingcolebasket69

Hope there is no issue;))
    I just want to know where to enjoy a nice drive near miami or closest. so far some great great help as usual from the members!!!

18. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Well, it appears I had the IP on ignore. I have no idea why! Sorry....and thanks, Yin.

Now, where's that red-faced imogi?

19. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    I just looked in on this thread on an iPad/Safari and it still looks OK. Sorry, I'm not seeing what you're describing. That usually suggests that there's something local going on. But I'll post it to the admins to see if they're aware of anything like this.

20. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    See post 18 above.

Thanks for your help.

21. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Glad it's resolved!

22. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I hate it when your signature applies to me!:D

23. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Now, to respond to the IP, I lived in south Florida for over 50 years. Except for some interesting drives in south Miami, there never were, and still aren't any interesting, fun driving roads. Flat and straight, that's what you get, plus 50 years' more traffic congestion. I guess if you own a supercar in sofla you cruise South Beach or Las Olas, go to cars and coffee, or ship it to western NC to do some mountain driving.

24. ken qv

ken qv Formula 3

Oct 25, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ken Roberson
    Miami is horrible.. at least for driving.

25. Natkingcolebasket69

Jeez;( that saddens me;( i actually love to drive my car, not show offy person at all. I like my Sunday drive in the morning to de stress maybe i should pick up golfing in south Florida then as a hobby;)