COC 456 MGT MY 1999 | FerrariChat

COC 456 MGT MY 1999

Discussion in 'France' started by JM35, Mar 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JM35

JM35 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    Gents

I'm looking for a COC for a 456 MGT MY 1999.

I'm planning to import from the USA to France, I know already few things that need to change such as

Remove the lamp inside the side markers
    Change the rear lamp cluster Left and right
    Install or modify to get a rear fog light

What about the noise ( i have Tubi exhaust and plan to replace it with OEM silencer for the test period )

What else by experience you see that need to be replaced or adjust to meet the French regulation?

Where can I get the COC or Attestation from Ferrari?

Thanks for your great support

2. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Hi JM35
    Any Ferrari official dealer can get you one, it is issued by the factory. Rather expensive in France, around 1500/1800 €. And they will not give it to you without seeing the car. You know that if you import for good in France, you will pay 20 % VAT + 10% Tax as USA not part of EEC. Why don't you keep Texas number plates if it is temporary ?

3. JM35

JM35 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Texas

I'm moving permanently in France/ Spain so I will be exempt from all the tax and so

4. JM35

JM35 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    Should be less expensive if ask in Italia for example ?

5. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Probably. Even in France price is different according to dealers. Switzerland is also cheaper. The problem is : they want to see the car.
    If you want COC, that means you want to register the car in Europe. No taxes at all because you are moving ??

6. JM35

JM35 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Texas
    Yes When you move from outside EEU to EEU country , as long as you have been resident for more than 12 months overseas, your personal effects, and household are duty free, this include cars
    You still need to pay for the registration and any modification that the car need to have in order to pass the test

7. RC-BB

RC-BB Rookie

Jan 13, 2015
    Be careful to ask about the coc from Ferrari. The coc is a European conformity document that you get when you purchase a car in Europe only. I don’t think you can get one for Cars built for other markets, eg USA, UAE, Japan, China etc.. the specs vary for all of those. I’ve tried for a 12’ Gallardo I wanted to import from Texas, and ended up not purchasing the car.
    Also, it may be like Switzerland in France whereas the cars you bring in with your move, don’t need a coc.(works like the tax exemption).