Calling All F360 Challenge and F430 Challenge Owners | FerrariChat

Calling All F360 Challenge and F430 Challenge Owners

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by deimh, Feb 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi

Within the last year or so I have purchased a F360 Challenge and one and a half F430 Challenges (the "half" being a badly crashed F430 Challenge as a parts car).

These cars are long term "keepers" and I plan to restore both of them and going forwards fully maintain them myself. I am aware that these are complex cars, but I already restore and race-prepare all my historic race cars (mainly 1960's and 70's single seaters, from a Formula Ford to an F1), so I'm think I'm up for the "Challenge" - if you pardon the pun:)

I imagine that there are a number of other "new" owners of these fantastic cars that are also wanting to learn more about them (e.g. mechanical and servicing insights, set-up, potential parts supply, etc.) and are looking for some support, encouragement and access to technical know-how - i.e. exactly in my position...

So I was thinking that it would be great for all of us in a similar position to try to make contact with each other here, so that we can form a support network to share: knowledge, access to technical manuals and insights, availability of spares, clever modifications, etc.

I was certainly not thinking that we should try and set-up a seperate forum or anything like that, but rather for us all to start to interact with each other and start posting to this F-chat forum instead of just passively glancing at others' posts.

What do you think - who's on board?

Dave

2. leopard881

leopard881 Karting

May 11, 2014
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi Dave,
    welcome and congrats to your Challenge cars!
    I'm driving one of the few road going 360CH - if you happen to be once in Switzerland and considering a special experience of a 360CH on alpine roads, then send me a PM.
    Cheers
    David

360trev likes this.
  3. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi David

It is a bit of a dream of mine to get at least one of my Challenge cars road registerred! Why have a Challenge Stradale, when you can a 100% Challenge race car on the road.

It must be fantastic fun!

Dave

4. lgargour@hotmail.com

Feb 25, 2017
    How did you mange to road register it

5. 360challenge_road

Feb 8, 2018
    Full Name:
    Guy G
    Hi guys,
    I am also a new 360 Challenge owner.
    Soooo happy with the purchase. Cant wait to get it on track (and possibly the road).
    Im based in London. Any one planning on attending the Red Bull Ring ***** weekend?

6. Bahb7

Bahb7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2011
    Boston, MA area
    Hi Dave,
    Great that you started this thread! I'm in a similar situation.....I've recently purchased a 430 challenge and intend to run/support the car largely by myself....both for cost reasons and I just enjoy the technical aspect of learning to run/support such a car.

I've been working on the family cars with my dad since I was probably 2 yrs old, have a background in mechanical engineering, and have been running/supporting a BMW M3 track prepped car, as well as being the go-to person for several of my track buddies. So I think I'm also up for the "challenge". It will be great to share info!

Cheers,
    Bob

7. Bahb7

Bahb7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2011
    Boston, MA area
    I just started tinkering with my car last night, and I have my first issue. I'm trying to fix the cabin ventilation fan. It doesn't turn on in either the 1 or 2 position.

Does anyone know an easy way to access the actual motor for the fan. I removed the bulkhead panel in the front trunk, and had my head under the dashboard with feet in the air (very awkward for a tall guy with the rollcage and race seats in the way), but wasn't able to see any easy access to the fan motor, short of removing the whole large fan box/unit. Removing the whole fan box/unit looks pretty involved (maybe requiring removing the entire dashboard, or even the abs unit from the front trunk). Are there any short cuts?

I'm hoping I can replace just the fan motor instead of the whole fan/box unit, which was big $$$$ for the parts. Or maybe I find there's something jamming the fan.

And where would the fuse/fuse box be located for the fan?

Any help would be great!

Bob

8. Bahb7

Bahb7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2011
    Boston, MA area
    Does anyone have a copy or know where to obtain manuals for the 430 challenge? I'd be happy to pay for either paper or electronic copies.

I'd be looking for:
    Any owners manual
    Any technical manuals
    Any service manuals
    Any overhaul manuals
    Any internal training manuals
    Parts catalogs/manuals
    Etc.

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Indirect answer in that Eurospares website in the uk has 430 challenge parts book (& 458 & 360 & 355)

Not too sure what technical manuals there are beyond the standard 430 workshop - FNA used to have a resource site to which one could subscribe

10. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi

I am based just outside indsor and it would be greaqt to catch up sometime.

I have PM'ed you my details - when you have time give me a call.

Cheers
    Dave

360challenge_road likes this.
  11. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi Bob

Did you manage to get this sorted, or are you still struggling?

I would imagine that this is potentially not that different to the standard 430 - have you looked at the technical manuals for that car to try and get a clue on the way forwards?

Dave

12. deimh

deimh Karting

Sep 4, 2016
    UK
    Full Name:
    David
    PS Bob, have you checked that the issue isn't in the switch?

13. Bahb7

Bahb7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 8, 2011
    Boston, MA area
    Hi Guys,
    I actually had ended up bringing the car down a reputable challenge shop (Independent Ferrari Service in Massachusetts) to give it an initial once-over nut and bolt and track prep. I would normally do this myself, but I've had zero bandwidth lately due to my dad recently passing away and a bunch of other stuff on my plate. So for the first time, having them give the car a blessing is money well-spent, given my current situation.

Car is done and deemed in good shape. Only additional item needed was to replace a serpentine belt.

I had them troubleshoot the ventilation fan. They traced it to the fan motor itself, which is what I suspected. Now I'm trying to source just the motor/fan (not the whole ventilation/evap/HVAC box).

Anyone know where I could get just the motor/fan?

Anyone know the part number of just the motor/fan (Ferrari only has a part number for the whole vent/evap/HVAC box, but I guarantee that Ferrari doesn't make their own fan motors. They must source them from somewhere)?

Dave/Deimh,
    Any chance you'd be willing to sell just the motor/fan from your parts car?

Thanks,
    Bob