Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 40 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I thought about that part, too, but the pdf brochure renders at least don't reflect so. It is supposed to be body colour in the standard range colour, no livery, but the first renders of the plain red car show this part black, too, so mustn't be it?

2. SH488

SH488 Karting

Nov 11, 2017
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Sam H
    What size wheels does the 488 pista have, 21/21? they look larger than the standard 488's wheels

3. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    of2worlds likes this.
  4. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques

5. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thanks, it roughly aligns with the Italian list shared earlier! But 26k EUR to get "free-of-charge options" would imply a rationale that I'm clearly too simple for to understand. Especially because the carbon fibre elements are listed separately too and the Personalization Programme (page 47) states that "several optionals
    that strongly characterise it will be available at no additional charge and can be selected by the Client".

Judging the items where the term is listed, the "auf anfrage" would normally (but then again, since when is this logical?) imply free-of-charge options or simply 'on demand'. On the 458 Speciale, selecting a yellow (RPMY) or red (RPMR) rev counter was 'free'. Same for the shield (LOGO). Both have this "auf anfrage". But that doesn't tally with carbon fibre center tunnel (CITZ) and inner door sill( CISC), which surely won't be free-of-charge options!?

More questions than answers this time, sorry...

Jelial likes this.
  6. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Those who plan to order a Pista with lots of options (in excess of 70K Euros) might get their car as early as Oct. 2018. All others who will order theirs with min. options (like me:)) will get theirs early 2019.

7. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    ^^ exactly.

i doubt also a lot of prices - and how they are categorized...

8. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    And if it really is a or the true press car ...what's the change it has magically been massaged by the company. Are'nt car companies known for doing this?

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I've been told about the same, although the timing was not that specific - resp. Q4 2018 and from Q1 2019 for others.

The dealer have a few allocations they need to prepare with a lot of options and transmit to Ferrari for confirmation, since they do not have the list price yet :)

On my side I am still trying to figure out what it means to have options "free of charge" that still have a price... what I hope is that the €291K that has been circulated for France includes these "priced free of charge" options.

Jelial likes this.
  10. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Next Thursday before attending the Mugello race, I will be in Maranello for the atelier service to configure the Pista. Early next week my dealer says we will know most of the options details and their prices. I will try to share the info and details as soon as I learn more.

Shack, of2worlds, jo_ker and 2 others like this.
  11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thank you and enjoy.

12. Jelial

Jelial Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2017
    They told me exactly this: basically the price is like 270k but you have to add "free of charge" items....they say free of charge because in Ferrari they dont want to hear things like "mandatory".....but is the way it is, unfortunately....with those prices that I saw right now make completly sense the 291k in France including the "free of charge items" plus VAT.
    Using those prices that they have in germany posted previously in italy adding everithing the final price became 291k and I guess we have the same VAT as France (22%)

13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Gentlemen - some clarification please.

This photo is the floor of the red show car. What material is this? Is it the standard material or carbon fiber? I already know the silver show car has Alcantara.

of2worlds likes this.
  14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Another question - is this circled trim piece an option or standard? If it’s an option, what’s the MODIS code? According to the Personalization Programme, the green section is the glossy carbon fiber sill (MODIS - CISC), but I mind find any reference to the inner piece I’ve highlighted.

of2worlds likes this.
  15. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    That's the standard material: Tessuto Apollo Bright nero / Black Apollo Bright fabric (Page 49 of the Personalization Programme). To change it, you'll either select ALIC (Alcantara® cockpit carpets, Page 50) or CTU3 (Leather cockpit carpets, Page 52).

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  16. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I believe (but I'm not 100% certain) that it is standard. Here it's matt carbon because both show cars have CIMP selected.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  17. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If that's true, it's not only illogical but almost funny! "You have to add these 'free-of-charge' items". But at a cost. Sod that, if ALL the carbon fibre in the exterior is optional / free-of-charge but chargeable (even though most of these parts were standard carbon fibre to start with!), I'll go with matt black, thank you very much. If that pushes back the production date, so be it...

18. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you. I suppose looking at photos is slightly deceiving. It seems like Black Apollo Bright Fabric has a slightly cushy/spongy feel to it, yet the floor liner in the red car seems to have a firm texture.

of2worlds likes this.
  19. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    #995 BarryK, Mar 15, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Don't know about the Sweater vs Luca era but hard to take Fiorano times as gospel when they not independently verifiable and could have a marketing spin on them. Being track focused, Ferrari felt they should to put out a lap time on the Pista but they have not done so on the 812 for example (as far as I know, despite what zeperfs says which seems to incorrectly refer to a web page from Quattroruote magazine). My dealer says it was not released to "protect" the tdf time, but who knows. Just to complicate things, Ferrari has not allowed magazines to do an instrumented test of the tdf yet, but has done so with the 812 (Quattroruote Jan 2018). One could assume TDF and 812 laptimes are similar adjusted for tyres.

If Pista's performance is similar to 812 (very crudely, based on similar fiorano laptimes), then that would be bad news for the Pista. The 720s destroys the 812 based on test numbers (on zeperfs for example). I doubt Ferrari would release a car which is not more or less on par with the 720s. So, a long winded way of saying, I expect that the performance of Pista would be better than what is suggested by the official Fiorano lap time.

All speculative but we'll soon know when someone lines up Pista vs 720s vs GT2 RS.

redcaruser likes this.
  20. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Made the trip to Geneva yesterday to look at the car in person....

All the info shared on here in recent days and weeks (thanks to everyone who has shared some info) meant i was well prepared on the specifics and nuances before seeing the car.

In a nutshell for me the design is absolutely beautiful. The first new ferrari in a long time that genuinely does take the breath away. Don’t get me wrong, there have been lots of good looking Ferrari’s in recent times, but very few where you instantly think they have nailed it. you cant say that with this car however IMHO. Every angle has something special about it.

I love my 488 Spider - but cant help but feel that it now looks rather sedate when looking at the body form and aero of the Pista, especially with the carbon exterior trim, and then directly comparing back to back with the 488 Spider that was also on the stand. This is not to criticise the look of the standard 488 which is a lovely looking car, but as others have said ferrari have really “blown the doors off” with the styling on the new car and should be commended for doing so.

Before seeing the car in person I was concerned as to how the waterfall front bonnet would look - yes it’s certainly different, especially when standing over it and looking down through the gap between bonnet and front bumper - but it absolutely works. The bonnet panel has a moulded curve that helps on the eye where it drops sharply and when you see the car in person i don’t think you will question the steep rake of the bonnet. Will also be interesting to see the car without stripes to see what this does on the eye.

The two display cars were loaded with gloss carbon exterior trim which i think works really well - possibly a must have on the external sections (whether as options or standard elements as discussed elsewhere) for visual purposes. the entire rear diffuser section in carbon ties perfectly with the carbon strip between the rear lights and the carbon winglets under the edges of the rear wing.

Interiors as described elsewhere in matt carbon also work well with the alcantara and fabric on the show cars. Gloss carbon I don’t think will work as well in the cabin if alcantara and fabric are chosen, maybe those who select leather internally may see the gloss carbon option as suitable though.

wheels- well i have to be upfront and say that for me this was the most disappointing aspect of both cars. The carbon wheels whilst the outer surfaces look very detailed with the carbon weave, i think they are totally let down by the light coloured inner finish - why could they not have developed the entire carbon wheel in a consistent finish? (Others have commented re heat etc) Regardless of the issues of damage repair and kerbing etc raised elsewhere, i cant help but think that this light coloured inner section will quickly get dirty with brake residue etc meaning a full time job to keep clean so as not to spoil the visual effect of the carbon wheel overall.

the silver wheels on the red car were in a very shiny aluminium type finish and from a personal perspective i would have preferred something a little less “shiny” maybe closer to the Grigio corsa forged wheels available for the 488 currently. There are other wheel finishes available so selecting to complement body colour should hopefully give enough options.

Will be interesting to see the first physical customer cars in different colour combinations and with/without stripes - my sense is that this is a car that will work well in a wide range of colour options as highlighted with the Rosso and Argento show cars, both very different visually but equally stunning.

For those lucky enough to get the chance to spec your own car, it could be a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    That the 812 SF should be faster as the 488 Pista on the Fiorano race track is a joke, or, just as already mentioned, pure "model protection policy".

1525 kg (dry-wight) and 718 Nm of torque in a front/mid engine layout meets 1280 kg and 770 Nm of torque in mid/rear engine layout (with better power transmission to the ground). IMO a clear matter that leaves no room for speculation.

22. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    lol.....yes I said this as well. I'm confident it can beat the F12 tdf and be a LEAST as fast as the LaFerrari around Fiorano circuit. I would say that under Sergio Marchionnes drew direction he wouldn't want the two limited(especially LaFerrari) to be beaten

23. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    The 720s is matching the P1 in some areas of performance. If you think of LaFerrari and P1 as been roughly equal, then the Pista can't be far away from a LaFerrari if it is going to be on a par with the 720s.

of2worlds likes this.
  24. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    guaranteed.....The 488 pista would have huge amounts of torque to launch it out of corners and propel it down the straights. The pista is also lighter and has better aero so really the only thing that the LaFerrari has on it is straight line speed. As for the F12 tdf its basically y the same story with less straight line speed than the LaFerrari and less cornering capability than it was well.

Ferrari just doesn't want a Special edition to beat their ultimate Limited editions......didn't used to be like that