Interest in a Ferrari TV channel? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Interest in a Ferrari TV channel?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Mar 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What would your interest be for a dedicated Ferrari TV channel that could be accessed online?

Poll closed Mar 16, 2018.
  1. Very Interested

84 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Moderate Interest

37 vote(s)
    24.0%
  3. Little Interest

16 vote(s)
    10.4%
  4. No Interest

17 vote(s)
    11.0%
  1. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I was thinking this as well, one of the problems I have with Velocity and the automotive network are the constant replays of shows and the overall quality of the shows that are on. There are certainly shows on each that I enjoy but wish there were more shows about the cars themselves rather then the mush mash of were rebuilding this car today at so and so hot rod and tshirt shop.

Personally I like cars, sure I like some makes and models more then others but I have a general overall love of cars in general. Love the shows they go into the history of the brand, the engines, and the different cars themselves.

While I enjoy some of the various YouTube video casters I think that unless they polished up the content and were making at least a 22 minute episode (30 minutes with commercials) then the content should just stay on YouTube. I enjoyed top gear, and I enjoyed the us top gear. I even like the grand tour. A show or 2 like that would be great but some car shows that are as I described before would be super awesome. And I enjoy an occasional car building show but what I'd really like is someone to give some pointers on how to maintain some of the exotics. There are a fair bit of us that don't have a local Ferrari branch very darn close and would like to do the oil change ourselves, swap the brakes properly ourselves and maybe get into a little more maintainance and repairs. Personally the nearest Ferrari dealer is 5.5 hours away, on a good day.

While an all Ferrari channel sounds good I think a good channel about exotics and high end cars would be able to survive way better. And I'd wager that many of us would enjoy seeing some other cars as well.

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    If you have Roku, Google Play, et al, which have widening distros, check out the channels for exotics and the like.

My Friend - Shane Guffogg, has a show on Noize - The art of Art. Previews are available.

My connection is spotty, so I trust you'll be able to see what On Demand capabilities & production values there are, and distinctions between those shows which are superficial and those that dig deeper and so forth.

"I am weak-ish on snatch" ~ joker57676

3. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Might be cute if done right.

Honestly I hate TV and rarely watch it maybe once a month. Too many fast talkers who think I give a rats behind about anything they say.

If subject matter is diluted beyond belief and severally commercialized I have no interest it watching it. If it's a look at clean garage's or new haircut, forget about it. F1 is a great example of this travesty .

Reviews? Reviews are for people that can't make up their own minds. This review brought to you by acme bondo and olive company

Sorry guys I'm just a creepy old knuckle scraper that likes to stick to facts, heck I don't even like people

xoxo

Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc likes this.
  4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

A TV channel requires significant resources, staff and funding. Colleague of mine was a Chief Programming Officer at a small(ish) channel and just the amount of legal compliance is staggering enough.

GLWS

5. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    I would watch but it would have to be unique, irreverent and at times critical. No cookie cutter ********.

Most automotive content now is nothing more than a stroke fest. God forbid anyone actually says anything critical or contrary, especially when it comes to Ferrari. It's bad enough that all our events have turned into parking lot beauty pageants where people bring their car only to rope it off so teenagers can take pictures of it.

The last thing I would watch/read is more BS marketing disguised as content. Maybe I'm car spoiled living here in Florida but I've had my fill of seeing garage queens just sitting in parking lots. Who buys a Pagani just to trailer it to C&C each month? No more kissing every owner's ass because it might get you in their network or better dinner reservations. Hell, poke fun at the guy who gets his lambo chrome wrapped and brings a stripper with him everywhere! ;)

I would want behind the scenes info of technology, factory race efforts, etc. Most importantly I'd like to see unbiased critical road tests with differing points of view. Don't fluff over the California for example, call it what it is. :) Even better, how about some focus on the dying breed of people who actually work on these cars and/or track them? The old guys hidden away in shops that can tune a Columbo V12 and got dirt on their hands at Sebring or Watkins Glen. I'd really also love to see some attention given to the upcoming gear heads who fabricate their own builds.

And for the love of God no ****ing techno music montage with quick edits.

:)

Lusso123 and tomc like this.
  6. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    I would love to see a Ferrari based tv show. I agree with the other guy that I watch most of the shows on Velocity multiple times, sometimes on things I don’t really even care about!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    I would like this to be available on either Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, since i don't watch regular TV anymore

tomc likes this.
  8. LostAussie

LostAussie Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    That's all happening this season:

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/formula-1-live-stream-service/

G. Pepper likes this.
  9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
  10. LostAussie

LostAussie Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    The only thing is, it's not been made clear which commentary they'll use for the broadcasts in English. Probably Sky or the US team I assume. I'd prefer Sky, but only because that's the team I'm used to.

11. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm just happy they're finally joining the new millennium.

12. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Like others have said, a better idea is a general interest auto channel that doesn't suck. No reality shows with people yelling at eachother or trying to build a car in 5 days for an event that's been on the calendar for a year. No shows with guys buying junkers from auctions only to cover them in bondo and sell on to some sucker for a $500 profit. Good stuff would be race coverage and analysis, documentaries, general car related discussion moderated by someone like Metcalfe, reviews that don't involve racing against a hot air balloon and a one legged bicyclist, etc. A marque specific tv channel is a monumentally bad idea.

Shark01, Lusso123 and Dave rocks like this.
  13. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    So I just took the survey that popped up for me. I would have chose several of the options if I would have had the opportunity. Just passing that along.

Hocakes and G. Pepper like this.
  14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    So a survey pops up and it says would you be interested in a Ferrari TV channel, to which I reply no. Then it says which of the following content would you be interested in and then where would you watch it. I rather think the second and third questions were already answered by the first! Not much point in having a survey if it doesn't make sense.

Robin likes this.
  15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not my survey, but maybe understand it was just a quick survey to get some immediate feedback and not perfect.

16. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Fair enough. Just a bit unfortunate that it didn't hang together.