Acura NSX Thoughts/Experiences? | FerrariChat

Acura NSX Thoughts/Experiences?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by F355 Fan 82, Feb 24, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    So after talking to someone on here this week who mentioned some NSX lease specials to me I spoke with a local dealer out here and indeed they are doing $30k off on 2017 NSX cars + dealers will take another $15-25k off and you can lease 2017 NSX $200k or so MSRP for around $1400/mo including taxes with minimal downpayments. I really couldn't believe it but its true.

I set up an appt to drive the car monday but any thoughts on it would be appreciated. Seems like a great daily driver. Would love to hear more about living with the car.

2. Boston George

Boston George Rookie

Feb 5, 2018
    The technology on the car. Is really ahead of its time. The car will feel like a great every day driver. Will not be as tight as the 458 or 488. But you will be happy it is a nice car. It’s not s Ferrari or lambo. But I put it in the R8 Audi category kind of a car. Either way its a nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Not sure what you mean by not as tight. I guess I don’t drive my 458/NSX hard enough to get near any type of limits and notice such a thing. All in the NSX is the better car. In the flesh it’s one of the best looking cars made today. Acura build quality. Only downside is interior storage.

4. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Jon can you tell me more about charging the electric motors? I live in a condo and do not have an outlet to charge the car, I've seen some of the teslas here in the building with a unit on their parking spots, I assume I'd need to buy one of those? What do you do as far as charging the electric motor?

5. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

#5 Tcar, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    You charge the BATTERIES... motors cannot be charged.

Do you have 120V (slow charge) available near your space?... can you get 208 or 240V (faster charge) to your spot?
    You'd have to have an electrician run power to your space.

Are you talking about a true electric (Tesla) or a plug-in hybrid?

6. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    You don’t plug the NSX in. You’re good to go with it in an apartment.

7. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    So there is no charging at all? I know I have a friend with an I8 and he told me it gets like 30 miles of electric but he never charges it. The NSX needs zero charging at all you're saying?

8. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have an i8 and I get about 14-15 miles of electric range. I don’t charge it though, the car charges itself to 75% in sport mode which is what I usually drive in. The NSX has no charge port. It keeps itself at 100% in anything other than quiet mode.

9. s4play

s4play Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    NSX has NO CHARGE PORT!

It's not one of those electric cars.

10. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
  11. Lloyd

Lloyd F1 Rookie

Aug 25, 2001
    Austin
    I just bought one and love it. It is crazy fast. It is only a hybrid in the same way a LaFerrari and the 918 are hybrids. Here is a video which gives you a good idea of the car.

12. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
  13. DoccL

DoccL Rookie

Jan 26, 2016
    That is correct. I have a 2017 NSX and it charges the batteries via regenerative braking. You do have the drive the car for 30min at least every three weeks to keep them fully charged.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Took the car out yesterday and today. I found a nice flat, straight empty stretch of road and did a few launches. Man the 0-60 makes your stomach turn. Feels like a roller coaster. Wonderfully addictive feeling.

15. SlickMurphy

SlickMurphy Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2004
    Essex
    Full Name:
    David
    I own one. The acceleration is absolutely gut wrenching to about 40mph. The car uses the electric motors to launch and then only for "torque fill" and vectoring after 40mph or so. The launch is quiet, smooth and incredible fun. I launch it 5-7 times a day due to the simplicity of activating the system. To 60mph it feels faster than my TTS and my 488 due to it's ability to lay down all the power with awd and high electric torque at zero rpm. I just love the car, love it. So much so, I sold my 488.

D

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I launch it a lot too. only 400 miles I've probably done 10 launches. I drive it mostly in track mode. Grip is excellent even with the systems turned off and acceleration is brutal above 5k rpm which is where it stays mostly in track mode. Gas mileage is pretty poor though, I'm getting 14 mpg with how I like to drive!

17. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i watched the video.
    i think i need to drive this car.