How many kilometres with a litre? Ferrari 488 | FerrariChat

How many kilometres with a litre? Ferrari 488

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Andrew97, Dec 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew97

Andrew97 Rookie

Sep 14, 2016
    I've noticed that the 488 consumes a lot of fuel...i make about three kilometres with a litre in normal conditions...is normal or the car may have a probelm?

2. 997usa

997usa Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2014
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Full Name:
    Robert J.
    Seems you have a leak. That's crazy. The whole point of turbos is higher performance at lower consumption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    My 458 runs 10 kms on one litre if driven in Automode "slow" or 5-6 kms if driven firm and fast !

Something seems to be very wrong with your car imo ! Ask the F dealer to look into this matter quick ! :)

4. carlito458

carlito458 Rookie

Nov 2, 2016
    belgium
    Full Name:
    carlito
    hi andrew, your questions interest my also. i drive a 458 and i posted earlier also a message about fuel consumption, only to know if the consumption is ok and to know if there is no mecanical problem. i read here above that a 458 can drive 10 km with one litre, this is impossible for me, also for the owners who answered my question.
    if i drive slow, automatic, normal roads not highway , i can drive 5 to 6 km with one liter.
    if i put in manual, sport or race, i have 3 to 4 km per liter.
    driving on highway, legal speed, but upshifting and downshifting all the time to listen to the exhaust music resulted in 5.7 km for one liter. The workshop said if something is not normal in fuel consumption in comparison to drivestyle, you will have an electronic fault code on the screen.. and if you ask the full horsepower , you pay it in sonsumption.
    so andrew, if they would find something technical wrong on your car, about fuel consumption, i would also like to know what was wrong
    thanks andrew

5. carlito458

carlito458 Rookie

Nov 2, 2016
    belgium
    Full Name:
    carlito
    Hi andrew, as wrote before i had also 3km a litre with a 458. Do you still have the problem ?
    I think I ve found the problem, but can not confirm it now, because i have only my licenseplates beginning of next month.
    Then i could 100% conern that my former problem is solved, if you feel interested.

6. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    That's seems high if you're not properly enjoying the car, that is, flooring it and having spirited drives.

I've converted your numbers to a ratio more familiar to me, and that's roughly 34 liters of fuel used to run 100 kilometers.

I honestly never checked fuel consumption on any of my Ferraris, but the 458 in particular seems to have a pretty decent fuel consumption. I bet I can do 400 kilometers per fuel tank (or more than twice what you posted) under cruising speeds.

3 kilometers per liter... Either a leak, an instrument malfunction or you're cruising above 200mph all the time.

Kind regards,

Nuno.