Feature on StanceNation | FerrariChat

Feature on StanceNation

Discussion in '360/430' started by becausephilchow, Mar 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
  2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Interesting. :)

I like the picture with the knee high boots. :)

recoil likes this.
  3. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Looks nice

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
    thumbs up mate!

5. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    OMG....that looks amazing !

6. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Boom!

Your car makes my Challenge stanced 360 looks like a 4x4 truck!

7. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I follow you on instagram. Love it, but it would have to be a ***** to drive scraping the under carriage, engine cradle etc all the time, constantly avoiding pot holes and the like. Reminds me of the hektik 348 in Japan rolling on VS-XXs, that sends sparks out the back shaving down the rear pumpkin or engine cradle with each drive.

8. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    It has an Airlift system so he can raise it and lower it with a touch of a button. :)

ihavearedferrari likes this.
  9. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
  10. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Phil I like your boots too.:)

11. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    Now that is "stanced" with some stretch too. Nicely done!

12. jjmcd

jjmcd Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2004
    I understand wanting to lower the car so that the wheels fill the wheelwells and matching the offset of the wheels so their outer edge is flush with the wheelwells, but what is attraction of the excess negative camber on the rear wheels? It seems contrary to the other two efforts, which are aimed at fitting the wheels precisely to the wheelwells - since it causes the vertical plane of the wheels to not match the vertical plane of the car’s body.

13. ty423

ty423 Karting

Jun 9, 2015
    Socal OC
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Like the website name it's just a stance thing. It's the cool thing to do these days for the younger generation.

When I was into the whole VIP thing years ago. I didn't do the crazy camber thing but enough to clear the fenders and quarter
    [​IMG]

14. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

It's on air, so, no rubbing of scraping for me at all! Press of a button and I can get anywhere and everywhere I want. I used to own cars this low that were on coilovers. Was fun for a while, but, definitely gets tiring after a while!

To be honest, I'd actually dial in LESS camber if I had a choice. But, the 360 doesn't have the ability, or nobody actually has, camber arms for the Front and the Rear. It's just natural camber when the car is aired out. If you look at the ride-height shot here:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

It's actually not that much. It actually sits at -2.75 Degrees at ride height. Maybe just looks crazier because of the wheel fitment.

The 360 just picks up a fair amount of negative camber when you air out, likely due to the suspension design.

Car looks great! I personally don't like excessive amounts of camber either. Even aired out, the car only sits at -4, which is perfectly fine for me. Hell, on cars that I tracked before, I was running -4 in the front for handling purposes.

Some of the cars that do negative camber in the double digits, or even anything more than like 5 or 6, look incredibly stupid to me. But, to each their own!

15. ideloera

ideloera Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Isi
    Beautiful car, but the poor thing probably drives like **** now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Indy360silver

Indy360silver Karting

Feb 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron starr
  17. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I actually had KW V3s on the car prior to this. Believe it or not, I think it rides very similar to the V3s. A bit softer than them, but, likely due to how I set the V3s up, but, the car still rides, and handles, extremely well.

Air has come in a long way in the past few years. Yes, in previous years, Air really didn't ride great. It was comfortable, but usually floaty and not very responsive. But, if you go with a quality manufacturer, or, arguably best in the business, AirRex, then, I really don't think you'll have any issues.

I've bagged many cars in the past, and, they've all ride and driven well. I don't track my cars, so, everybody's got a different opinion!

18. travisTLGC

travisTLGC Rookie

Dec 23, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Phil - huge fan. Was in Liberty VIP car club before - so I can completely appreciate the air'd out look. Have actually been looking for an R-title or high mileage 360/F430 to do a similar build, then start making some adjustable arms for these cars! Have the same E88 on my Mint Green 964 C2S.

Can't wait to see her in person, keep killing it.

19. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Thanks bud! There's much more that still needs to be addressed, we'll see though. I get bored of cars really easily, so hopefully this one can stay around for a bit, haha.

A 430 would be nuts! I've been thinking of a Liberty Walk Kit for a while, but, not sure if I really love it on the 360.

E88s are definitely some of the best wheels you can buy! Nothing beats BBS.

20. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I think the liberty walk kits are nice.just when you do a kit like that you have to go all out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

21. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    To be able to tuck a wide wheel behind the fender when slammed and have flushed look when the air suspension is raised.

Let's not forget that this is not a static stance, this is adjustable. If you don't put negative camber when slammed on a very wide wheels then when the car is raised it won't have the flushed look and there will be too much positive camber.

I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't drive the car slammed all the time, that is just for photo purposes only.

23. becausephilchow

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    Yeah. I think the fenders look fine, just, the front lip seems a bit off to me. I wonder if I could pair it with a Challenge Stradale Bumper. There was a 430 with a Liberty Walk recently that paired his with a Scud Bumper, looks great.

Yup! The car is still flush when it's driving along also. But, absolutely 0 rubbing.

And yes, my ride-height is actually very useable, I never actually have to lift it up to clear anything really. Airing out is just for photo purposes. However, even whn ethe car is completely aired out, I can actually still roll the car without and rubbing either, haha.