Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 29 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    I remember seeing $100-150k depending on the model for those 70th anniversary cars here a while ago. From what I have seen on the 70th anniversary car thread, the mods are cosmetic only. Which is why I said before that it's a nice easy earner for Ferrari.

If you are looking for mechanical mods, I doubt they'd get out of bed for less than that.

2. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    I also wish that but I am not very optimistic:(

3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Carbon wheels are not designed in the single lug nut style. Also that design would not work when Ferrari starts selling the carbon wheels to other 488 owners who can't get the Pista edition 488.

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    That's what happens when people give up their freedoms and want the government to take care of everything.......... they take everything and leave you with the crumbs. That is a confiscatory tax rate.

5. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    And they despise those who take the crumbs and make something of it. Oh and don't forget the 50% personal income tax :)

Back to allocations - the waiting game is killing me :(

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Yes. Poser quotient quite high.

An existing way to clean and service the wheels/tires and suspension area without a 6 Foot breaker bar/torque wrench? I guess you need to have removed your own wheels and torqued to spec yourself to understand why a ginormous breaker bar/torque wrench is ridiculous for a street car. Think about it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

370 ft/lb. (500 Nm)?? One has to ask why this makes sense on a production road car.

7. Macki

Macki Rookie

Oct 3, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Simon
    It makes absolutely no sense. Just like +400 horsepower, dual clutch transmissions, carbon brakes, "race" harnesses etc pp.

you see the point.

Afonsolaw likes this.
  8. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    There is no need other than make the car look even sexier!! Sometimes its just the look that can make the difference. It's the little things that can matter and this is one of those things. Center locks look hotter than any 5 stud! IMHO!!

chrixxx, sfcorse and Afonsolaw like this.
  9. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
  10. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Well, a center lock wheel and all the other race goodies make a big sense for me as I will track it often. If you track your car seriously and have to change tires a lot, then it is great to have just 4 nuts to deal instead of 20.

Caeruleus11, chrixxx and Afonsolaw like this.
  11. Macki

Macki Rookie

Oct 3, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Simon
    my post was sarcasm ;)

but: if you drive your car to the track ,without a support vehicle, you can barely fit the torquewrench into your GT3 for example. trust me, done it already ;)
    also, if you dont have the right tools it takes longer to remove one center lock to just pop off 5 nuts with your electric impact wrench
    ever tried to remove the front center lock with cold slicks on the car, on the very smooth concrete floor in the pits? yep, impossible because the wheel will just spin. you need someone to step on the brakes. For the front axle at least.

almost nobody really needs center locks. They look cool however

12. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Yes, but do you know how many Man Points you get for owning a wrench like that? Loads!

13. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Isn't just about EVERYTHING on Ferrari's these days ridiculous for street use?

Do you really need flappy paddles, F1 eDiff, titanium bits, carbon fiber, carbon brakes, race type seat belts, active aero, and on and on and on?

Yes, center lock wheels are ridiculous for street cars. And they look cool. So what are ya gonna' do?

-F

Afonsolaw and Rossocorsa1 like this.
  14. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Centerlock wheels is somethjng Ferrari leaves for their flagship vehicles ... unfortunately.

15. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Center lock wheels were standard on early Testarossas and 512s. All dealers have these wrenches as these cars still visit service departments.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Pretty much applies to any high end product ie. watches, cycling skiing etc etc. One wouldnt purchase this stuff it it did not advance the way it has

17. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Can't wait to see the specs Ferrari has chosen to unveil them at Geneva. One will be red for sure, I wonder if the other one will be grey (second 812, 488..were unveiled with such color) and with a different stripe design.

Nelsonc275 likes this.
  18. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    I'm sure we will see a red spec with carbon rims presented, as that was available for private unveil and ready to go. Some reason I speculate white for the second one.

19. TomTom77

TomTom77 Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2013
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Who says that there will be 2 cars on display in Geneva? That wasn't the case when the Speciale was launched in Frankfurt?

I hope that there are 2 though. Am flying to Geneva on Thursday...

20. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    No argument there, perhaps wishful thinking since they had 2 for the 488 GTB and 2 for the 812 Superfast.

F140C likes this.
  21. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
  22. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    Can’t wait until Friday to take a seat. And sneak hours around it.

23. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Car in pictures is 488 challenge. Has a rear wing!

ingegnere and F140C like this.
  24. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Isn't that just a regular 488 by the look of the nose? Perhaps by one of those horrible tuner set-ups.

25. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Don't agree... Some people like to drive their car on racetracks, AND get there with the same car.
    Btw, there are still some places in the world, where it's legal to drive and accellerate extremely fast.

JagShergill likes this.