Alfa Romeo NEWS 2017-2020 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo NEWS 2017-2020

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by F1tommy, Oct 29, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    " February 20, Alfa Romeo return in F1 will be marked by the presentation of the C37. It may sound a bit like a French Crossover from the smaller segment, but it's really going to be a new compound F1 car where the legendary Milanese brand will make its comeback more. Behind the wheel as said, the Monaco Charles Leclerc and the Swede Marcus Ericsson respectively crawl. The first race is on March 25 in Melbourne during the GP of Australia."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/presentatie-f1-bolide-alfa-romeo-sauber-c37-op-20-februari/

2. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Maybe it's not an issue in the US but it really is in the UK.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

How so? What happened?

4. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    wanted to put me on $ wait list with no info on how long until delivery.

ok for sports car but that doesnt work when talking daily driver

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Agreed. People will walk.

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Already reported but still should also be on this thread:

"Tim Kuniskis Will replace FCA Reid Bigland as an international foreman of Alfa Romeo and Maserati. Bigland replaced Harald Wester in May 2016 and did so with the necessary persuasive power. He is now allowed to concentrate on the North American market. You would say on paper that the Canadian should do a step back, but because for FCA it depends very much on this market, it is rather a pass forward. That also says CEO Sergio Marchionne, who talks about a crucial development of the brands Alfa Romeo and Maserati, on the American and Canadian market. Some see in Bigland, incidentally, a new leader for the group in the era after Marchionne (from 2019)"

https://www.autoedizione.nl/tim-kuniskis-nieuwe-chef-alfa-romeo-en-maserati/

7. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    One more chicago show and again the 4c was locked during press day. At least the Giulias there were open as the Stelvio (Not the Stelvio QV which was locked).

I really like the 4c and Giulia QV, despite the poor interior quality in the Giulia. Hard plastic, small screen..i stepped into a Merc C class and that much better place to be in. Same for Volvos. But i guess you dont care about that when you buy an Alfa.

8. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That's crazy. It was the same whith the 4c. Barely any info, no car to test drive.

9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    "Modena becomes the technical, logistical and commercial center of the two brands, from which all international plans and projects are devised and started. This can be good news for the employment round Viale Ciro Menotti, where there have been concerns about the future for years. That Modena is going to be the new ' Arese ', we will also have to deal with Alfa Romeo ambitions in F1 and perhaps this will apply in a later phase also for Maserati.

That the production in the meantime largely takes place in Cassino is not an obstacle to this plan to create a base for the high-quality brands of FCA (Lancia is on a back burner). Sergio Marchionne will be telling more about these developments at BALOCCO during the presentation of the five-year plan on 1 June."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/alfa-romeo-en-maserati-krijgen-vaste-basis-in-modena/

10. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    All Stealers are pretty much the same. Ferrari does it, Porsche does it etc. The nice thing is that you have choice, the Alfa stealer here in Scottsdale as of December was still asking for a 5% mark up on the Giulia QFs. I walked away and bought one from out of state. Nothing new, just greed.

11. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    HMS completes first test with Alfa Romeo Giulietta

HMS Racing’s new Alfa Romeo Giulietta hit the track for the first time ahead of its British Touring Car Championship debut this season.

BTCC race winner Rob Austin tested the Alfa at Dontington Park and, though his morning running was hampered by a problem with the fuel tank pump, he was pleased with the test.

“It went really well,” he said. “I am really proud of everyone involved; it has been a great day.

“We believe we’ve built an awesome car, but you’re never quite sure until you hit the track. We still have so much to do of course, but we are hugely excited and even more optimistic than we were before.”

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2018/02/hms-completes-first-test-alfa-romeo/

12. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Alfa Sauber and Ferrari F1 2018 testing in snowy Barcelona.... Sure don't sound as good as the old engines.

13. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal

I just bought a Quadrifoglio from an excellent dealer and they have like 17 in stock, give you $5K off, free shipping, and the financing rate they offered me beat my anything I could find by .26%. That's bad-ass. Some dealers in Los Angeles are still trying to get $10k over but I've never paid over sticker even on the two brand new Ferrari's I've bought and wasn't going to start now.

I can't think of another car that will do what the Quadrifoglio will do. I own AMG Mercedes. Nice but too heavy. M3 is too stiff and bouncy. The Alfa is comfy when needed and faster than hell...and has the excitement I get from Ferrari and Porsche. I'm not worried about service. If it has a little hiccup BFD all my other cars did too.

In the event anybody here is looking go to Alfa Romeo Strongsville Ohio www.alfaohio.com the sales manager is

Jimmy "Z" Zabielski [email protected]

Or call his cell 216-544-6607

It was so easy. I picked out the exact color I wanted, a couple e-mails, a couple text messages, done. Car should arrive in a week or so. If anything goes upside down I'll let you guys know!!

NEP, TheMayor, CETH and 2 others like this.
  14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    As already mentioned on the 4C thread....

"During the salon in Dubai, We recently noticed that the 4c Coupé and 4c Spider are still fully involved in Alfa Romeo's line. In Geneva we see the beautiful color Blue Misano returning to a special edition of the 4c Spider, nicknamed ' Italia '. The name is not a coincidence. The colour and sportsmanship of this model correspond to the Italian national identity in the sports world. The title is listed on the side. The Coupé is there in Grirgio Vesuvio Opaco with a special matted sticking and has the third name Competizione. On the bonnet , a large Milanese ' Biscione ' is flanked by a subtle Italian three colour."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/alfa-romeo-4c-coupe-competizione-en-spider-italia/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP likes this.
  15. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    "Marchionne said that Maserati and Alfa Romeo will become a strong unit with a production that will only take place in Italy. The first Maserati on Alfa Romeo platform debuts between late 2019 and early 2020 (SUV based on Stelvio). The MiTo also gets a successor soon, but that will not be a comparable car again. A small B-segment SUV is more obvious and Melfi is the most plausible candidate for production. The Punto will go out of production this year and will not get a successor."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/marchionne-geeft-voorrang-aan-alfa-romeo-en-maserati/

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Oh that awful HALO!

17. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  18. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Fabrizio Giovanardi excited ahead of Alfa Romeo comeback
    1 hour ago
    By Pietro Casillo

Fabrizio Giovanardi will return to Alfa Romeo in a Giulietta TCR in this year’s World Touring Car Cup. The Italian already tested the car at Monza and is eager to get back to full-time racing after his last full season in the British Touring Car Championship in 2014.

“I am excited ahead of this fresh challenge,” said the driver from Sassuolo to TouringCarTimes. “I know there is work to do, but I’ve never been scared by hard work. I’m back because I love racing and I want to win. I was impressed by the passion of the people at Romeo Ferraris and decided to take on this new, exciting project.”

The opposition level means Giovanardi will not have it easy on track, something the multiple touring car champion is fully aware of.

“With people like Gabriele (Tarquini), Yvan (Muller) as well as some fresh blood, I know I can’t even spare a thousandth of a second on track. On the other hand, I’m not here to make up numbers, so we will aim as high as possible. The car has been successful in the past, so we’re hoping to build on that and mount a serious challenge.”

The excitement of the fans was an extra motivation for the touring car legend, after a long winter spent trying to find the right project for a comeback.

“I have recently opened a Facebook page and I was amazed at the support people still give me. I knew I couldn’t let them down, so I got my head down with my staff and sought the best solution for me. I know the names of myself and Alfa Romeo are like an icon, especially in Italy. It is an extra motivation as well as a positive pressure, because I want to live up to the expectations of so many people who have supported me for years.”

Giovanardi says the race he did in September with BF Motorsport in TCR Italy, sharing a SEAT León TCR with Alessandro Thellung at Vallelunga, was also confirmation to himself of how much he still loved racing.

“I hadn’t been doing anything really for three years, but the taste of competition and all those positive feelings came back. Although we didn’t get the result we wanted, it confirmed to me I just wanted to do what I’ve been doing my whole life, and that’s racing cars. I can’t wait for Marrakech to come to see where we are compared to the opposition.”

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018/03/19/fabrizio-giovanardi-excited-ahead-alfa-romeo-comeback/

19. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    BTCC race winner Aiden Moffat to head Alfa Romeo entry in TCR UK

By TouringCarTimes

British Touring Car Championship racer winner Aiden Moffat is to be part of a two-car entry into the new TCR UK Series this season.

Moffat, who will continue to race in the BTCC with his Laser Tools Racing Mercedes, will be at the wheel of one of two Alfa Romeo Giuliettas entered into the series by the Scottish DPE Motorsport team.

Former BTCC driver Derek Palmer will drive the second car, with the possibility of a third car being added later in the season.

“Any petrolhead loves Alfa Romeos,” team manager Derek Palmer Sr confirmed, “and it fulfills a personal ambition of mine to run two of these fantastic cars with two brilliant young drivers in the British arm of the world’s top touring car series.”

News of the Alfa Romeo programme in the UK comes on the same day that confirmation came that former BTCC champion Fabrizio Giovanardi will drive a Giulietta in the new World Touring Car Cup.

“We are very happy to start a collaboration with Derek Palmer and his experienced team,” Michela Cerruti, operations manager for the Romeo Ferraris outfit that has developed the car, said. “Since we made the first tests in the UK at the end of last year, we have found a lot of interest and passion towards the Alfa Romeo brand and our Italian product.

“Alongside the other programmes of the 2018 season with our Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR, it is for sure an additional value for us to be in the TCR UK championship and we will support the team and the drivers as much as we can in order to achieve great results.”

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018/03/19/btcc-race-winner-aiden-moffat-head-alfa-romeo-entry-tcr-uk/

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    "A small SUV Alfa Romeo in the compact segment is forthcoming and will form Alfa Romeo's slip to replace the MiTo. Sergio Marchionne had already hinted at the Geneva Motor Show and will presumably reaffirm this on 1 June during the presentation of the new production plan for the next four years. Given the shared platform with the 500X and Renegade (front wheel drive and 4 × 4 so), it is plausible that Melfi will be the production site. SUV might be called Rombo wich in Italian translates to motor growl, ruffle or hum, a much used term by Italians,"

https://www.autoedizione.nl/b-suv-van-alfa-romeo-heet-rombo/

21. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    F1tommy likes this.
  22. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
  23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  24. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Gianni Morbidelli completes Alfa Romeo line-up

Gianni Morbidelli has become the latest experienced name to be confirmed for the World Touring Car Cup season after securing the second seat with the Romeo Ferraris team.

Morbidelli will race a Romeo Ferraris-entered Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR alongside countryman Fabrizio Giovanardi in the inaugural season for the new season – marking his first campaign in an Alfa Romeo since 2006 when he competed for N.Technology in the World Touring Car Championship.

The 50-year-old has already has chance to sample the Giulietta in testing at Monza and admitted he was delighted to have secured his place on the grid to race the car.

“I am extremely happy and honoured to be back at the top level of world’s touring car racing, and to do it at the wheel of an Alfa Romeo Giulietta TCR by Romeo Ferraris, sporting the logo of such a prestigious brand,” he said. “It will be a championship of the highest level, with many great teams and drivers, and this makes the challenge even more exciting.

“I wish to thank Team Mulsanne for their trust and for giving me this great opportunity, as well as Niki International for their valuable support and for making all this possible.”

Romeo Ferraris operations manager Michela Cerruti was also pleased to confirm the deal, with the experienced pairing of Morbidelli and Giovanardi being seen as key to moving the Alfa Romeo programme forwards during the year ahead.

“We are very pleased to have Gianni joining us alongside Fabrizio Giovanardi,” she said. “Without any doubt, they form the most expert driver pair of the series, and this is exactly what we need to demonstrate our car’s potential.

“Team Mulsanne is back to racing after one year and to maximize its possibilities at such a competitive level, Romeo Ferraris has opted to ensure the services of two well-known professionals such as Marco Calovolo and Nicolò Castello, respectively in the technical and marketing areas.”

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018/03/23/gianni-morbidelli-completes-alfa-romeo-line/