Need input on teenager car | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Need input on teenager car

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Husker, Feb 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    Also, European roads aren't filled with 5000lb+ SUVs and jacked up pickup trucks, with their driver more often than not texting their phone.

My first car was a 2000lb Fiat X1/9, and back in the 80s in rural NJ the biggest danger was coming around a blind curve hot to find a farm tractor taking up the entire width of the road coming the other way :/

I love small, light cars as well but can't fault a father for wanting his young daughter to be in something with a bit more steel around it than a Miata.

nicholasn and carguyjohn350 like this.
  2. davidoloan

davidoloan Formula Junior

May 6, 2009
    Full Name:
    David
    Creepy IMO

3. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My second car was a '74 FIAT X1/9 that I got in '75 when I was a senior in high school with just 4,500 miles on it. Doctor bought it for his wife, and she ended up wanting something with an automatic. Chrome yellow. Loved that little car.

davidoloan likes this.
  4. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    What he said.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Europe is not wall to wall SUV's with cellphone using idiots waiting to physically drive over a Miata.

6. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Cooper S Clubman before huge. 14, 19k miles. Bond St. edition. 1/130.
    She’s got skills, more restraint after 92/65 was her problem. On way home with it she and brother discussed turn in, lift throttle, and balance. Both kids kart but skills need experience. Absolutely recommend good school. Daughter getting my M4GTS school at Spartandorf.

7. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I was thinking more Countryman S. I had a couple of Cooper S, R53 and R56, and while small, they are safe cars. For a teenage daughter that wants a cool car, I like the Mini. The Countryman has 4 doors, and is a little bigger and higher, so being surrounded by behemoth SUVs won't be as intimidating. HPDE or Street Survival is a must.

8. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    #58 vinuneuro, Feb 25, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    Honda/Toyota -car not suv- is a no brainer. You'd also doing be doing your kid a huge favor by explaining to her that she doesn't need to be rolling around in a european vehicle just because classmates are. She'll thank you for it when she's older.