Lusso T | FerrariChat

Lusso T

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by montpellier, Feb 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Has anyone bought one ?

Those that have driven it say it is excellent, but every review says spend the money on the V12 (wonder engine)

But have any been sold ? Or is it region specific based on tax laws for vehicle engine capacity ?

Just curious as a review popped up of one on Pistonheads

2. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Great car and goes very well but it is not the full fat version and for 30k less and a saving of approx £600 or 700 in fuel what is the point of missing out on the best GT Ferrari have built to date.

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The people I know who have driven both say the V8T is more nimble and thus, they said it was more fun. However, I've chosen the V12 for the same reasons the article points out. The specialness of the v12- the sound and ferocity of the revving is really something else and won't be around for ever- and also the extra traction when needed as I will really drive mine. Yes I will equip it with winter tires as well. I think the author was very impressed with the grip because the car has great weight distribution, and the Ferrari e-diff and F1 trac (and probably other systems I'm forgetting) conspire to something very special- I cannot believe the difference in traction I have between my F12 and former 599. These systems work flawlessly and nearly undetectably and allow me to put power down effectively in most situations (of course I am judicious about deploying all that power).

PS- heres the article in case anyone wants a quick link:
    https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-driven/ferrari-gtc4-lusso-t-driven/37560

Natkingcolebasket69, R J and Bas like this.
  4. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    I have driven both - and honestly, I can't see one single reason why to go for the T. The marketing wants us to believe it is sportier, but it is not.

Bas, uhn2000, F2003-GA and 3 others like this.
  5. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    When you open the hood of the T its a joke. At this level you spend the money on the V12.

Griffon83 likes this.
  6. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Really enjoying this thread. My Lusso T just went 10 red.

MalibuGuy likes this.
  7. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    Oh so true, on the Portofino the V8 on engine bay looks much better. On the LussoT it looks like they tried to fill the gap.

8. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    So why did you opt for the T over the V12 then?

Jonathan

9. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    My experience was completely opposite. I have owned and driven the 12 over 3,500 miles and was more favorably impressed by the FF I had owned previously. Throttle response and general visceral feel of the drive being greater in the FF than the 12 Lusso.

When I drove the T Lusso, I felt the return of that visceral excitement. The two most contributing factors were the greater torque and lighter weight.

-K1-, pcht5 and uhn2000 like this.
  10. Sims123

Sims123 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Svizzera
    Fair enough though I am surprised -- Torque? you may have the impression of more agility on low revs (not for me but could imagine the impression), the V12 has a never ending torque from the 4500 to the top. Weight? I did not feel the difference. In contrary, the exit corner speed is more agile with the 4WD, given the weight of the car (both T and V12).

I have had two Lusso's so far and have done all sort of extensive driving experiences - the Lusso is such a great car and continues to amaze me.

T or V12 - its a trade-off on very high level. Guess, we are all lucky folks.

635CSI likes this.
  11. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Dealer asked me if I wanted the first T allocation. Seemed like a good idea since I never went racing around in my FF and I don’t need 4WD in Southern California. I have a V12 that I can drive if I miss the twelve cylinder experience. Who knows, maybe I’ll like it better than the FF. If not, somebody’s going to get a smoking deal on it.

Seems like everybody’s bashing the T and I don’t know anyone in the US that has even taken delivery of one. My car was supposed to arrive this month and has been pushed to May/June. My dealer hasn’t even received their demo.

It would be nice to get some feedback from owners, not just YouTube “celebrities” who only care about their number of followers/subscribers. Their opinions don’t decide what kind of car I drive or how I option it.

12. Data

Data Karting

Dec 11, 2007
    Autocar review:

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Another thought came to mind. Granted, it was almost silly at first. But, I wonder what the mileage difference is between the V12 and V8. The reason I laughed to myself is, of course, fuel cost isn't really the determining factor with such cars. However, range between fill ups could become more of an issue, as I know from friends with FFs who say they would like a little better range. If the V8T were to provide you with another 2-3 days driving in between fill ups, that might be something else worthy of consideration in the V8s corner.

14. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Thanks for that. Most interesting.

Here in the UK, I am so far aware of 93 GTC4Lussos having been delivered/registered and of those 78 are V12 and 15 are T. Note that there are 11 dealers plus Ferrari North Europe who I think (haven't checked) each have a demonstrator (the FNE car is the one in the Autocar test linked to above) and that means not very many actual customer cars. Although it may not be a fair comparison given that the T was announced a bit later.

Jonathan

Veloce12 likes this.
  15. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Will be interesting to see where the V12 vs T numbers settle given the T was meant to be targeted at high-taxes countries e.g in the Far East. From what i have heard from my UK dealer, they are only shifting the T now.

16. montpellier

montpellier Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2009
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Paul
    After the last round of price hikes in uk the Lusso T starts at £200,165 and the Lusso V12 at £240,402 so the difference is now £40k

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id go with a T if it alleviated frequency of fill ups for sure.

mclaren slr and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Not that I am at all experienced in the FF/Lusso market Paul, but my decision would be based on how long I was going to own it. If it was long term, I would go with the V12 due to the fact I think it may well not be in production that much longer,it’s demise possibly hastened by the arrival of the SUV. If it was only relatively short term, then chances are the V8 might enjoy lower depreciation?

uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  19. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    True, Clarkson on The Grand Tour said that a friend of his when sold the V12 GTC4Lusso, just few months after the purschase, he lost around 50,000 GBP.

The V8 is definitely for tax purposes first and foremost, same story quite frankly with the Biturbo and the Quattroporte IV in the Italian market (Superbollo).

20. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    #20 Dolceexte, Feb 24, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    Just watched the video, yes...

21. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    We ordered a T, we were loaned one for a weekend and I fell in love with the car.
    That of course was principally the driving experience, the quick turn in and mid engined feel.
    That’s the advantage of an engine that doesn’t fill that long nose but feels like it sits in your glove box.
    Now, I have had 3 V12 Ferraris and still own one. This car is actually a replacement of my Wife’s Cali T.
    We decided that we would rather have grand touring space rather than a (heavy)folding hard top and again, just loved the way the Lusso T drove especially on average UK roads compared to the HS Cali.
    Our regular journey from town to country house and back can now be done fast without stopping for gasoline.
    This is really cool, it makes you feel modern and efficient.
    The £40 K saving , well that goes pretty quickly when you start tricking options boxes, including the best panoramic roof I have ever experienced.
    So you might get a few sneers on here from the weighty 4x4 crowd (though I wouldn’t knock their awesome cars) but don’t let that worry you, the Lusso T is a really really good modern Ferrari.

bretty2901 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  22. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    Clarkson exaggerates everything to make it worth telling. His understanding of what is actual fact is so removed from reality even he can't hide his glee at misinforming.

23. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Horses for courses. (Pardon the pun).

I’ve had an FF and will likely get a Lusso at some point.

I have driven both versions and they feel very different but are both great cars.

The downside of the T for me is the lack of 4WD and the mighty V12. I also think the air inlet pipes to the V8 look cheap and could have been much nicer looking. Having said that I’ve driven my rear wheel drive F12 at Zero degrees C today and it’s been perfectly well behaved!

The £40k difference is significant but I personally think it’s not enough at this price point, although Ferrari were offering a £10k deposit contribution on the T recently which makes the difference £50k.

It will be interesting to see where values are in a few years but I have a hunch that the V12 Lusso might be looked at as something quite special once out of production.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I believe the shorter the V12 Lusso stays in production and the less V12's manufactured will make the car more desirable hence the value will not depreciate as fast as the V8's which will be considered not as special. The Lusso GTC V12 may be the last naturally aspirated 4 seat, 12 cylinder Ferrari! End of an era. I will definitely keep mine as there really is nothing to replace it with and I am not interested in an SUV unless its being used like a Range Rover.

25. bretty2901

bretty2901 Rookie

Feb 27, 2017
    uk
    Full Name:
    brett edbrook
    I tried a T for a couple of days and loved it, the v8 handling and the interior feels so special compared to my f12, but you cannot replace that glorious v12. As an everyday F car it was awesome...my T should arrive in May/June can’t wait.
    Another point i have considered is how ordering a T will reflect on you as a future Ferrari customer for future models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk