Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Not me. I’m thrilled to see Ferrari push forward. I love my Tdf and have a 488 Pista coming. They’ll be great stable mates.

2. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    we need more details.
    technical slideshows. videos. words. sound files.

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D

4. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Matching Pista Ron?

5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Like a bare aluminum Pista?! No chance! I’ve got some ideas but want to wait for the configutator. I’ll do Atelier with this one not Tailor Made.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  6. bbr

bbr Karting

Jun 22, 2011
    Geneva-CH
    Full Name:
    BBR
    7.7%

7. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Not true

8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    #533 MalibuGuy, Feb 22, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
    Anyone know how many months will the Pista be in production?

Amazed at the pace of improvement which Ferrari has unleashed in terms of style looks and performance. The current model range is stunning.

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    So I'm guessing you're getting a Pista without ever buying a Lusso ?? Any prior LE purchase history ?

10. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Why does Ferrari make you buy the Lusso in order to buy the Pista.

Make a few more of the Pista. It’s not a LE, right? (and maybe make less Lusso)

Roland1688 likes this.
  11. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

12. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I asked my dealer about it. He said the Lusso helps, but is not a hard and fast rule. Only one of several factors considered, and he has allocations for non-Lusso customers.

of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I stand corrected. Not a requirement but it helps.

of2worlds and Motorwerks like this.
  14. agrun

agrun Formula Junior

May 24, 2009
    FLA
    Have an allocation. Is anyone a betting man on whether atelier can arrange a gated shift. I know F stooped the gate a while ago but this would be a fun car to do it with

15. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    You mean replace the paddle shift system with a manual? Not a chance. Not even Tailor Made will oblige.

Caeruleus11 and Nelsonc275 like this.
  16. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    The TDF has more track focused tires than the Superfast so probably pretty close performance on the same tires.

Caeruleus11 and G. Pepper like this.
  17. John117

John117 Rookie

Sep 14, 2016
    Per Ferrari, they will never go back to a manual for their cars as their mantra is about using the latest racing technology available and integrate it in their road cars. And even in the miniscule, almost impossible chance they'd even put a thought to just consider a one off—like Pagani if you want it for the Huayra—I bet the price would include all of the development, R&D, and testing of the gearbox before it is put in the car.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  18. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    There are many variables looked at by Ferrari and dealer when determining ones eligibility for buying Pista . I haven’t purchase a Lusso but I have a 12 year history of buying and selling back cars to dealership . I’ve also attended many events including Ferrari racing events . I’ve also owned a scuderia in the past along with around 6 other Ferrari’s. So I was offered a Pista but definitely not the first one . Just happy I’m getting an allocation as the car looks incredible and a real upgrade from the 488.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  19. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Ferrari (the Manufacturer) is not making you do anything... It's your dealer that's playing the allocation game with customers. Dangling a carrot in order to make more money.

The Lusso and 488 are made on different assembly lines, so a reduction in one doesn't necessarily impact the other. Portofino is what could clog things, as that shares the same line as the 488.

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Bizarre statement. Here's the Fiorano lap times (source Wiki):

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Someone posted the LaF official at 1:20.0, The F12 Berlinetta is official at 1:23.0 tied with 488 GTB (and 0.5 faster than Speciale - we've all heard the story about the track day compares so lets not rehash. Talking official times here). Someone else posted 1:21.5 for F12 TDF.

So, in order for this non-LE car to surpass the LaF, it must drop MORE than 3.0 sec from the GTB which would be huge at Fiorano. Yet, they only added 7.5% more hp (+50 hp) but did add 20% more down force and presumably better tires (someone posted the tires which can do a lot). I think it will be official at a 1.5 to 2.5 sec improvement so between 1.21.5 (tied with 812 as someone posted) and 1.20.5 (a half sec slower than LaF).

Remember, Ferrari can tune any one of their production cars to really wherever they'd like it to stack up against the rest of their own current lineup. They don't care about the competitors at Fiorano as they don't have official Fiorano times to compare against.

If there is an LE performance verson for Cliente than maybe drop 0.5 and match LaF as it would be appropriate if last turbo mid V8 prior to hybrids. My guesses anyway.

FerrariFR33458 and dustman like this.
  21. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    That’s weird. I could have sworn I have two Speciale Apertas in my garage. I mean, technically they were called the Speciale A, but still.

22. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I think different dealers make different demands on customers to buy other models in order to get allocations. In general the factory wants to see clients who have broad support for the factory line up, including the GT cars (Lusso, Portofino). I think that makes sense, but I don’t think someone should be forced to buy in order to get another car and I don’t believe Ferrari would ever instruct a dealer to do that. I ordered a Portofino last year -which is coming soon- because I love the design and want to use it every day. Nothing to do with my other orders. Haven’t bought a Lusso -although it is incredible- because it is a little too large for my daily needs, however I do believe these two cars stand perfectly on their own and should not be seen as a way to buy limited models.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Caeruleus11 and F2003-GA like this.
  23. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    I own a 488 GTB , I have a Portofino on order so I called my dealer and thank god I got an allocation for the Pista, they said I can configure mine after Geneva.

of2worlds likes this.
  24. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    There are still some data we do not know about the 488 Pista, which could positively influence lap time. We do not know the braking data, so the braking capacity to slow down, and we do not know the size of the tires, with effects on both braking and curving.
    Do not forget that to get to 200km / h takes more than half a second less, as they have added 50hp, but also have taken off weight (- 90kg), which increases the advantage.

25. renzone

renzone Rookie

Jan 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    lorenzo rossi
    In my opinion, if it was called "Pista" it has high ambitions as a lap speed.
    0-200 from 8,3s to 7,6s .... the ability to accelerate has grown a lot.