Ferrari 488 Pista | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 Pista

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ilikefastcars1, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yup I figured that :)

NEP likes this.
  2. bbr

bbr Karting

Jun 22, 2011
    Geneva-CH
    Full Name:
    BBR
    The figure of CHF 333K was thrown in Tuesday evening at the preview but apparently is still subject to change because of the EUR/CHF.

3. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I too was told a Lusso was a prerequisite. I bought mine 8 months ago so no issues here but others who want the car might have a problem.

of2worlds and Elisesko like this.
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    What is the VAT in Switzerland?
    CHF 333K is EUR 289K, which is the 812 price (including VAT) in France and about the price I am expecting for the 488 Pista.

5. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

Correct, but a Pista follows the CS and the Speciale as limited edition track cars. The 458 Aperta was not track ready in the same vein as the 458 Speciale. It had carpet, sound insulation, radio, etc. The 458 Aperta was not a 458 Speciale Aperta.

6. Blitz88

Blitz88 Karting

You’re right, I’m wrong. Brain freeze.

motodavid2000 and of2worlds like this.
  7. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    i wasn't surprised with the attendees at our event (pretty much familiar faces to me and still the middle aged crowd except for the raiders quarterback). However, a lot of the buy every f car crowd was either not invited or turned down the invitation. It is a tough sell to get people to come watch a video on a weekday at 7 pm.

of2worlds likes this.
  8. anubis

anubis Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I´ve heard 340k CHF in Zürich.

9. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I note that the write-up for the Pista on the Ferrari website does not mention throttle response or linearity (flat torque curve). These are important areas where the 488GTB and Spider are better than their turbocharged competitors (including McLaren). OTOH, there can be a trade-off between maximizing power versus maximizing throttle response and linearity so it is possible that throttle response and linearity suffered a bit in the interests of getting 721 hp from the engine. Did the Ferrari video address these aspects, or has anyone otherwise heard about them?

10. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    "Torque is higher than the 488 GTB at all engine speeds, delivering a feeling of consistently smooth, powerful acceleration with even faster turbo response times despite the increase in power." This makes me think that everything was improved and nothing sacrificed.

11. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Is this an official figure or an "Fchat fact"?

I've seen a post from @MalibuGuy saying it's official but haven't seen it from an official source

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/145452637/

There is a good chance we don't see any official Fiorano lap time for these cars simply for marketing reasons.

From some of the comments re tdf above, it is easy to see why someone taking delivery of a late tdf a couple of months ago doesn't want to see a new non-LE car launched that outruns their LE car. But with the current pace of competition, something has got to give. We will see faster product cycles and shorter waiting times, probably.

12. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    As long as the laptimes are not done by same driver, same day and around same time of the day those comparisons are pretty non-sense. I.e on a track like Paul Ricard the laptimes can vary 2 seconds between morning and afternoon! Its nice to know but not more... the Pista will be fast, no doubts.

Napoli likes this.
  13. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Despite owning a Tdf, I expect the Pista to be quicker around Fiorano. Does it worry me? Not a jot.

markonex, rocketman, junc and 2 others like this.
  14. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Karting

Jul 20, 2011
    Really?
    The 458 Speciale A is a spider variant of the 458 Speciale which was unveiled at the 2014 Frankfurt Motor Show. The 'A' stands for 'Aperta', which is Italian for 'open' – and it was limited to only 499 examples

dcmetro likes this.
  15. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Absolutely, and I ad that the Speciale was not a Limited edition car.

16. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Some posters would appear to be getting confused about a Production car, the Pista, which is time limited like every other car in the world but in this case just happens to be a shorter time, and a genuine Limited Edition car, like the 458 SA, which was limited not by time, but by limited numbers, 499.

The Pista is not a Limited Edition car.

Solid State likes this.
  17. HyperMac954

HyperMac954 Karting

Jul 2, 2012
    Were you at the Ferrari SV launch then? I was up at the Ferrari SF one.

18. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Its actually normal that this happens. I dont think we can be surprised that a production car can be faster than a LE Halo Fcar. Considering the LE Halo Cars come out every 10 years and in that run the production car advance at such a fast rate. The F12(normal production) car was the faster than the Enzo and it was a few years before La Ferrari came out. There is a lot of new tech in the Pista. So I would not be surprised if it was faster than the La Ferrari.

Time will tell....

19. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    It will be quite amusing if the open version of the 488 Pista will also be called Aperta. For italian and latin speakers it's a big LOL. The 488 Pista Aperta, or 488 Open Circuit !

Kind regards,

Nuno.

20. cortwagner

cortwagner Karting

Aug 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Does the rear tail / wing move up and down, I thought I read somewhere that it was moving like the LaFa? Also, I keep hearing of carbon fiber rims but none of the pictures, from what I can tell, show these on the car?
    I am super excited for this car, don't really care about the end lap time as the driving experience is all that really matters. I know bragging rights are important but all of these cars are WAY too fast for public roads....
    This is a sexy car, and looks alone will add.5 seconds to my lap time, lol

of2worlds likes this.
  21. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    And let's hope they don't make a short wheel base version (passo corta) and call it 488 Pista Corta = 488 Short Circuit.

AlfistaPortoghese likes this.
  22. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    Correct . That was my interpretation as well

23. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    yes, silicon valley's. I know both dealers but have a stronger relationship with silicon valley.

24. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    Merci à toi ;)
    I'm glad and hope enjoy Pista as much as Speciale !
    I have to wait around a year :confused:

dcmetro likes this.